Rush/Geddy Lee WIS

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Re: Rush/Geddy Lee WIS

Post by gr8sw » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:08 am

John Mayer recently said in an interview that there’s a point as a watch collector where you really start focusing on finding as many asterisks as possible next to a watch to make it different. Has that been your experience?

this shows what an asshat Mayer is... Geddy wasn't interested in the 'asterisk' minutiae BS, more a broad picture guy... he's one cool dude with a good eye! and he's got some damn fine Heuers! :thumbsup:
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:50 am

MDF wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:36 am
I wish he would join the DWC!
Maybe he has. You never know.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am

goaliechris wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:44 am
Huge fan of Rush but came to them later in life. I always had something for really good 3 piece bands - The Police and Rush are my two favorite bands.
Remember Triumph, the other three piece Canadian band? They hit their stride in the early/mid '80's. Not as technical or flashy as Rush, but just good ol' rockin' music.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am

Steve O. wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am
goaliechris wrote:
Huge fan of Rush but came to them later in life. I always had something for really good 3 piece bands - The Police and Rush are my two favorite bands.
Remember Triumph, the other three piece Canadian band? They hit their stride in the early/mid '80's. Not as technical or flashy as Rush, but just good ol' rockin' music.
Yup, I grew up in Toronto and remember Triumph well - and April Wine, Max Webster, and a bunch of other bands that were probably unknown south of the border.

I went to the same junior high school as Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson (way after them of course ;) )

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:34 am

logan2z wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:39 am
Steve O. wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 am
goaliechris wrote:
Yup, I grew up in Toronto and remember Triumph well - and April Wine, Max Webster, and a bunch of other bands that were probably unknown south of the border.

I went to the same junior high school as Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson (way after them of course ;) )
Cool! I completely forgot about April Wine. Used to listen to them back in the day as well. I don't recall Max Webster.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:04 am

He has one hell of a vintage collection love that Universal Tri-compax chronograph. I only have one vintage watch he has my Heuer issued bund. Looks like we have the same taste in watches. Use to listen to them way back before most of you were born.

andy tims
Name: Andy Tims

Post by andy tims » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:56 am

Nice article.

Rush have been my favourite band since the early 80's. I'm among the many who are heartbroken that they will never tour again, but they all come across as good guys.

Geddy has the collector gene - Bass Guitars, Baseball stuff as well as watches. He certainly has some nice pieces.
Andy

WatchTimes
Name: Jeremy

Post by WatchTimes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:25 pm

Yes BIG collector!
The Skeleton I posted in my into thread is in their Mystic Rhythms video (its a one of one piece, the one I own is the actual one)
He is into all things mechanical.