General watch talk.
WatchTimes
Name: Jeremy

Re: Hi Everyone! New to DWC but not watches

Post by WatchTimes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:36 pm

River Rat
Beautiful original Remington!!!
And the Eterna is making me drool!
My IDF watch is not nearly as beautiful or classic its just a Luminox, the one I just bought here in DWC and should have by next weekend if things go right :). Here is one of the pics from the ad but as I said you all have seen it.
IMG_3303.JPG
I was VERY close to buying a 16660 Rolex SD as its the ultimate regular wear vintage to me with the sapphire and matte dial on early examples.
I found a really beautiful one, great case, sexy dial with nice patina but the dial was a mark I and with the serial # in my opinion should have been a mark II.

So I have the funds I had in mind for the 666 sitting and now the search has taken a turn as now its either a beautiful 666 OR a nice IDF watch! (anyone sees something nice or is looking to sell let me know please!)

Also here is an original Ball Night Train with the 3 color lume BUT the trit is very weak now so I guess that doesn't matter LOL
v8swhseuQM2+HLFz6VwPQQ.jpg
Old school Breitling Navitimer 806 Gold Filled. Story is sat in an evidence locker for many years more or less unworn and I was able to get ahold of it. I bought it to go with the Navitimer my dad bought new as he had his own single prop and flew.
IMG_0768.JPG
The one my dad passed on to me, with the AP I posted previously these were his only "real" watches.
DSC00327.JPG
Panerai Diver Statue (don't know why but I bought out the company that made these, sold a ton of em... Still have a couple cases somewhere LOL
IMG_1468.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:19 pm

The arcade is Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum
Known from Coast to Coast like Butter to Toast
School rooms to Pool rooms!
Headlines to Deadlines!
The most MARVELOUS 5500 sq ft you will ever visit!
It was simply a hobby gone wild for my father

My grandfather came to the US in the late 20's by 1932 he opened a small drug store and by the 50's they owned the street front of the whole block renting out other storefronts and apartments above the store. In the early 60's my father and his friends stayed late to expand the store (despite my grandfather saying no). The store ended up taking about 2/3rds of the block and my father kept it open till about 2015. The arcade was simply started as a hobby putting one antique claw machine and a egg/prize chicken machine in 1980 and is going strong!

www.Marvin3M.com website kinda stinks...

I need to get it redone sooner or later.

Our sign, the clock actually runs backwards but tells the right time!! After all, we are Taking You Back in Time! :rock:
279.jpg
I post a lot on instagram with watches and the arcade MarvinsMarvelousMechanical #Marvin3M
TONS of videos on YouTube from fans

I have been on Modern Marvels, Mysteries at the Museum, Disney and LOTS of other stuff, my dad was on most of that as well as American Pickers to burst their bubble and tell Danielle they overpaid for a couple old coin op pieces LOL.

Here is one of the coolest pieces we have! Paul Spooners "Last Judgement" it is one of the ultimate grail pieces for collectors of automatons/working models. It is a 1 of 1 and if you are a Rush fan watch the Mystic Rhythms video and you will see it running about 2/3 into the song. I have recently pulled this off display it is just too valuable to subject to the wear and tear for .25 cents. I may sell it and buy a 911 Turbo LOL I am joking, or am I???
DSC_1314.JPG
DSC_1317.JPG
DSC_1321.JPG
DSC_1349.JPG
Here is a video of it running a visitor posted on YouTube

https://youtu.be/KSXyC5cxkbU

Here is a quick video the City of Farmington Hills did on us to give you a 2 1/2 min tour and brief history

https://youtu.be/ZP5OMZFpvlc

So growing up with Player Pianos, Self Playing Violins, Huge Wurlitzer Band Organs, Nickelodeon's, Slot Machines, Popcorn machines and old Jukeboxes taking over our house I decided if I was going to collect anything it would be smaller things at least (hence guns and watches LOL)

Oh yeah there was a band from U of M in Ann Arbor "Tally Hall" they named themselves after the food court we were in and named their first album after us! They were on Jimmy Kimmel and toured a bit.

OK :headbang: I have taken enough bandwidth, time and space with my ramble so I will end it here LOL!
Feel free to ask away here, PM, email etc.
Call me, just don't call me late for dinner.

The extra cheese in this post is free of charge (you can't even get extra cheese free at McDonalds or Dominos!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:36 pm

Haha dude I’m glad you found DWC. This is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am

Like those two navitimer the museum looks cool. Up in MT up by Virginia city they have sort of a old museum of coin operated music machines the ones with musical instruments they all work. As a kid I lived on the west coast remember going to playland in San Francisco in the 1960’s it had a lot of old coin operated machines and the fun house with the weird mires that make you look fat or skinny or short or taller and a wooden slide that was upstairs so a long ride down and air that blew up through the floor and other cool stuff torn down for progress. Kind of cool your family keeps them alive. As a kid from the 1960’s I lost a lot of quarters in pin ball machines they use to be everywhere.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:13 am

Ok, I’ve been following this, and it’s time to state the obvious -

Let’s take shameless advantage of the new guy and get him to host a mid-West GTG at his place.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 am

Get Wu to come and no problem having you all here.
Henryj wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:13 am
Ok, I’ve been following this, and it’s time to state the obvious -

Let’s take shameless advantage of the new guy and get him to host a mid-West GTG at his place.

KidKeith
Name: KidKeith

Post by KidKeith » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:25 pm

Welcome to DWC. I'm originally from Michigan (although the other side). Live in Louisville now. 1911s and diver watches. You have a good eye as they say.

spring-diver
Name: Shannon

Post by spring-diver » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm

Damn! Best entrance ever :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard :cheers:
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, 836 & 857S

:cheers:

WatchTimes

Post by WatchTimes » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Had to add this one as it just fits my business so well.
I got it today
O21j6o%JRgewmPbTA7JXuw.jpg
63rTlbm3SE6w0Ko0aIUzNg.jpg
617B5805-4EB7-42BC-BA1C-0A4DA910B42B.jpg
A9I71yjjQieqfj4wKrOZ+g.jpg