Yema Superman GMTs

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
gwells
Name: Greg

Yema Superman GMTs

Post by gwells » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:52 am

overall I like it, but the locking bezel mechanism looks odd on a GMT bezel to me.

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-th ... itage-gmt/

Case Material: Stainless steel
Dial: Black
Dimensions: 39mm
Crystal: Sapphire
Water Resistance: 300 meters
Crown: Screw down with locking bezel feature
Movement: ETA 2893-2
Strap/bracelet: Steel bracelet
Price: $1,499
Expected Release: Available for pre-order July 22; shipping in November

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Re: Yema Superman GMTs

Post by Joeprez » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am

The grey and blue one looks nice, side profile looks great too. Dont love the locking bezel mechanism either, but that's YEMA's thing.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:57 am

i totally get it's their thing, but it's still weird on a GMT.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:31 am

Actually liking the locking mechanism honestly guys. :grin: Makes it a little different first
off. But then I bet it's very subtle in person, and blends in with the overall design actually. :thumbsup:

They really look nice Greg. Thanks so much !!!

Dynamite_Kid19

Post by Dynamite_Kid19 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 am

With the lumed 24 triangle it can double as a dive watch still I believe so the lock fits. No way I'd pay that much for an aluminum bezel tho.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:30 am

Joeprez wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:48 am
The grey and blue one looks nice, side profile looks great too. Dont love the locking bezel mechanism either, but that's YEMA's thing.
Without it they would just be another Rolex GMT homage....

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 am

Hate to say it because I wanted to own a French diver but I’ll never buy from them again. Horrible CS and the bezel lock system just feels gimmicky and cheap nowadays on an otherwise nice watch.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 am
Hate to say it because I wanted to own a French diver but I’ll never buy from them again. Horrible CS and the bezel lock system just feels gimmicky and cheap nowadays on an otherwise nice watch.
I was just struck by how damning poor C/S is to a brand. I was actually thinking about a different Yema diver, but as soon as I hear that a person I feel is (relatively :grin: ) reasonable finds their C/S is poor, I'm out. Life is too short to deal with businesses who make this a challenge, especially with a luxury item.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Has a slim SM300 profile, nice looks, great size so you know it'll wear great, but F'em, their shit QC, and unoriginal homage color scheme.

Poor QC aside (only based on Brice's experience -- which is as good as gold in my book), it does have a somewhat original look minus the color scheme, and I'd even give them a pass on the locking bezel as signature feature, but this is a true testament in lack of original ideas and half-assing it just enough to get someone to bite on a homage.

I realize designing a watch from the ground-up is a very hard task these days as there's a lack of ideas in the old trove on what's acceptable, but we've seen a few micros do just that and I applaud them (Farer, et al), even though I'm over micros.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Mine and that of Watchdisplay on Instagram had glue marks on the 7 o’clock markers.
Also note that the lume day color on the hands differed from that of the markers.
They recognized the issue on the glue marks but indicated that the different color between hand and markers were normal and as expected although it was not stated on their site in the specs or description and wasn’t obvious in their pics either.
Anyway after months they never took care of either issues and even ignored several of my messages via email, chat and Instagram DMs. Initially had the CS manager confirm they’d take care of it to then just be ignored repeatedly ang be given the run around.
I sold it new unworn at a loss and disclosed the issues to the buyer of course
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:16 am

Jeep99dad wrote:Mine and that of Watchdisplay on Instagram had glue marks on the 7 o’clock markers.
Also note that the lume day color on the hands differed from that of the markers.
They recognized the issue on the glue marks but indicated that the different color between hand and markers were normal and as expected although it was not stated on their site in the specs or description and wasn’t obvious in their pics either.
Anyway after months they never took care of either issues and even ignored several of my messages via email, chat and Instagram DMs. Initially had the CS manager confirm they’d take care of it to then just be ignored repeatedly ang be given the run around.
I sold it new unworn at a loss and disclosed the issues to the buyer of course
That’s crazy. No wonder they didn’t want a review from me on it, they knew I would trash it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk