impressive digital sleuthing around ginault drama from WUS

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
CGSshorty
Admin

Re: impressive digital sleuthing around ginault drama from WUS

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:39 pm

You guys would go nuts if you saw how much of your information law enforcement can access in just minutes.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:39 pm
You guys would go nuts if you saw how much of your information law enforcement can access in just minutes.
Just think what the NSA can get.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:28 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
we give away huge amounts of personal info/data from our collective IOT: Alexa's, smart TVs, smart digital assistants, Siri's , GPS tracking apps on our phones, internet cookies or the dozen other connected active listening devices in each home, car, pocket, etc.

No spying or beaches needed anymore

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:38 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
we give away huge amounts of personal info/data from our collective IOT: Alexa's, smart TVs, smart digital assistants, Siri's , GPS tracking apps on our phones, internet cookies or the dozen other connected active listening devices in each home, car, pocket, etc.

So true. We voluntarily bug ourselves on a daily basis.

I’d actually never want to see my full digital file.
- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:58 pm

Seppia wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:You guys would go nuts if you saw how much of your information law enforcement can access in just minutes.
There are two big differences though:

1- i assume LEOs know what to do with the info, how to use it, and access it when there’s a need. I have a level of trust in LEOs that is infinitely superior to the one I have in “generic humanity”.
This is usually true. The problem is there are “civilian” versions of all the programs we use.
David St. Hubbins

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Chocodove wrote:
rockmastermike wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

So true. We voluntarily bug ourselves on a daily basis.

I’d actually never want to see my full digital file.
We actually viewed some of your digital life right here on DWC. I don’t think you looked good in the pleated skirt, but the beret was a nice touch.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Seppia wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:You guys would go nuts if you saw how much of your information law enforcement can access in just minutes.
There are two big differences though:

1- i assume LEOs know what to do with the info, how to use it, and access it when there’s a need. I have a level of trust in LEOs that is infinitely superior to the one I have in “generic humanity”.

2- (going back to terry’s point) one thing is to have your info online. Another thing is to have your info online associated with supposed criminal activity.
Don’t assume all LEO’s have honorable intentions - see recent FBI activity for examples.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Some dude posted the below comment about Vail on reddit.

He’s interviewed saying he got into watches to “rake in the millions”. His whole company uses “borrowed” proprietary elements of other makers watches to make cheap copies for big profit. How original is the EXACT SAME case on every watch he’s made for years with every other makers hands and dials to fill in the blanks. Of course I believe he was ready to take what he has been doing to the next level. Do you think he was just randomly chosen? His name, address etc? NO! It’s been his MO for years and now he’s caught taking it to the next level.

I think he is replying to Vail here also:
So your legal name, Nick name and address are all randomly chosen to file legal paperwork with two other known counterfeiters in the largest exposed counterfeit organization for the same industry you work in now?!?!? Yea, I hate it when that happens.... especially when you made a career ripping others proprietary traits off their watch designs to “rake in millions” and it still wasn’t enough. Being a CULTURE VULTURE you get what you deserve NTH. Homage is just a pretty word for FRAUD.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/commen ... s_illegal/

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Post by manitoujoe » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:23 pm

Culture Vulture. I like that. It rhymes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

mikefromli

Post by mikefromli » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Some dude posted the below comment about Vail on reddit.

He’s interviewed saying he got into watches to “rake in the millions”. His whole company uses “borrowed” proprietary elements of other makers watches to make cheap copies for big profit. How original is the EXACT SAME case on every watch he’s made for years with every other makers hands and dials to fill in the blanks. Of course I believe he was ready to take what he has been doing to the next level. Do you think he was just randomly chosen? His name, address etc? NO! It’s been his MO for years and now he’s caught taking it to the next level.

I think he is replying to Vail here also:
So your legal name, Nick name and address are all randomly chosen to file legal paperwork with two other known counterfeiters in the largest exposed counterfeit organization for the same industry you work in now?!?!? Yea, I hate it when that happens.... especially when you made a career ripping others proprietary traits off their watch designs to “rake in millions” and it still wasn’t enough. Being a CULTURE VULTURE you get what you deserve NTH. Homage is just a pretty word for FRAUD.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/commen ... s_illegal/

The same guy posted the same replied to my on a watch a threat and argued about his real name is shown there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:45 am

Whether you think vail or bo are dicks or not (I had to stop following vail on Facebook because of the way he publicly shamed customers or people who hit his website is cringeworthy), I can’t imagine they are anything more than (poorly selected....forum handles??) names used in this guys tangled web.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:23 am

My gut tells me both are smart enough not to go down this road but who the hell knows. Karma does have a habit of showing up on ones doorstep though.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:33 am

demer03 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:45 am
Whether you think vail or bo are dicks or not (I had to stop following vail on Facebook because of the way he publicly shamed customers or people who hit his website is cringeworthy), I can’t imagine they are anything more than (poorly selected....forum handles??) names used in this guys tangled web.
I tend to agree with you. The only reason I can think of for even creating the fake Wyoming business entity would be to hide business transactions (purchases from vendors, payments, etc.) behind a legitimate but generic sounding name. No one sells to “Ginault Watch”, they sell to “I-P”.

I would believe those guys were more complicit if their real names were used. Forum handles? Just odd.

FWIW, I wonder how many other false companies exist for the sole purpose of hiding business transactions? I suspect quite a lot.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:50 am

I can’t help but think that Chris was joking when (if) he said “rake in millions”.
David St. Hubbins

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 am

On the doxing, sure everyone's information is out there. And there are several available websites where you can find it. It's all publicly available information - those sites have just amassed it in one convenient place. You can find everything - past and current addresses, arrest and conviction records, lawsuits, birth certificates, divorces, death certificates, etc. Back when I was in consumer protection, we'd get complaints about people regarding these sites, but there wasn't much we could do as long as all they were doing was listing info that was otherwise publicly available.

The thing that makes me uncomfortable is winding people up with information about someone doing something bad/wrong (regardless of the veracity), and also telling them, "by the way, this person lives at this address, and here's a picture of his/her house while I'm at it." Sure, an industrious person could find the information anyways, but putting it all right in front of them on a silver plate...well, it only takes one nut to go too far.

And, arguably, listing past addresses is even worse. Presumably, someone else lives there now.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:22 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 am
The thing that makes me uncomfortable is winding people up with information about someone doing something bad/wrong (regardless of the veracity), and also telling them, "by the way, this person lives at this address, and here's a picture of his/her house while I'm at it." Sure, an industrious person could find the information anyways, but putting it all right in front of them on a silver plate...well, it only takes one nut to go too far.
Well said Jeff. Exposing the real name, and a picture seems like a pretty reasonable "name and shame", but the address stuff is too much.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:47 am

demer03 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:45 am
You are probably. I also stopped following Vails post for the same reason.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 am
On the doxing, sure everyone's information is out there. And there are several available websites where you can find it. It's all publicly available information - those sites have just amassed it in one convenient place. You can find everything - past and current addresses, arrest and conviction records, lawsuits, birth certificates, divorces, death certificates, etc. Back when I was in consumer protection, we'd get complaints about people regarding these sites, but there wasn't much we could do as long as all they were doing was listing info that was otherwise publicly available.

And, arguably, listing past addresses is even worse. Presumably, someone else lives there now.
Good point Jeff

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:09 am

So, what's the over/under on the state of Wyoming opening an investigation on this International Precision business entity?

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:23 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:09 am
So, what's the over/under on the state of Wyoming opening an investigation on this International Precision business entity?
I'd venture INTERNATIONAL PRECISION INC of 9526 VASSAR AVE, CHATSWORTH, CA has absolutely nothing to do with this. They're a company that makes parts for C-130s and P-3s. Rather, their business name was used without their knowledge/consent in a false/fraudulent filing in the state of WY.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:32 am

Selym wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
I'd venture INTERNATIONAL PRECISION INC of 9526 VASSAR AVE, CHATSWORTH, CA has absolutely nothing to do with this. They're a company that makes parts for C-130s and P-3s. Rather, their business name was used without their knowledge/consent in a false/fraudulent filing in the state of WY.
This makes sense and is consistent with the Ginault story of being an airplane parts manufacturer.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:11 am

h[b wrote:[/b]oppyjr post_id=1311935 time=1562344370 user_id=2483]
Selym wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
This makes sense and is consistent with the Ginault story of being an airplane parts manufacturer.
:roll:

Chaaaa. Sure.

Should have named the company NOOBault.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 pm

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:23 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 pm
I made it to the big times!!! https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/nth-l ... st49315655

LOL
Congrats... ?

😂

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:12 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:18 pm
I made it to the big times!!! https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/nth-l ... st49315655

LOL
I responded

Enough already from Doc. I have nothing against the guy, but I don’t see a reason he should be poking you (unless, of course, you like to be poked).
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM