Crown & Caliber?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
FireMonk3y

Crown & Caliber?

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:37 am

Wondering if anyone has done any recent deals with Crown & Caliber? I’ve been trying to trade my Omega PO GMT, in on a SD4K. After send off my pictures and waiting for an initial offer for over a week, my offer got sent to someone with the same name, but completely different email. After talking to them, they assured me the issue was corrected and sent me the offer again. So I sent off the watch last week and everything was looking good. They made their final offer yesterday and I accepted. They emailed me saying they were emailing me a gift card with agreed on amount. I hadn’t heard anything today, so called to see what was going on. Now their telling me they emailed my gift card to someone else. I tried to get them to just sell me the SD4K and credit the PO on that purchase, but they said they can’t do that. So now just waiting to see what happens. I did the trade (and took the loss) because I didn’t want the pain of trying to sell it. I’m sure they’ll figure it out, but this has been a bigger pain in the ass than just selling it.

manitoujoe
Name: Mark

Re: Crown & Caliber?

Post by manitoujoe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:16 am

Eeee

Following. Hope it turns out well buddy. They won’t fix their mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some people just have a way with words, and other people … oh … not have way.

Steve Martin

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:37 am

They should be able to figure it out. They just need to cancel the gift card they sent out to the wrong person (which should be easy, since that person gave them nothing of value for the card) and send a new one to you.

I've never bought from C&C before, but I've talked with some retailers who won't take trade-ins as a credit against their pre-owned watches. I've never entirely understood that policy, as I could presumably always just sell them my watch and use the proceeds to purchase the watch I want from them (as you've done here). Seems like an unnecessary step to me.

Aaron Shapiro
Name: Aaron Shapiro

Post by Aaron Shapiro » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:43 am

I sold an IWC to C&C. They actually offered me more than I paid it. Not really sure how or why. They were pretty easy to work with, I chatted with them on the phone a couple times. I’d suggest calling if you haven’t already.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:46 am

Two people same name could be father & son.

They messed up and they should fix it and quickly. Anything less is poor customer service.

Good luck.

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am

So looks like it’s an IT issue. Every time they try and send the gift card, it automatically goes out to this other guys email. They said they tried it 3 or 4 different times. Just wondering what would have happened if I hadn’t called and asked them about it? So if anyone here has multiple emails with C&B gift cards, you better use them fast. Technical support is going to text me the link for the gift card.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:45 pm

I bought from them. Wasn’t expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully they get you sorted.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:31 pm

FireMonk3y wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:56 am
So looks like it’s an IT issue. Every time they try and send the gift card, it automatically goes out to this other guys email. They said they tried it 3 or 4 different times. Just wondering what would have happened if I hadn’t called and asked them about it? So if anyone here has multiple emails with C&B gift cards, you better use them fast. Technical support is going to text me the link for the gift card.
I know a w few guys who have dealt with them and they were always far. I had the same issue they mentioned. Basically my store was ghost copying the info from a previous customer and it would not let me change it. I think I had to delete both customers and start over.

Good luck.

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Looks like I’m squared away. Got the SD4K ordered. Got hit with the new internet sales tax, but what are you going to do. Now I’ll just hope they ship it to the right address.

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Congrats on the 116600! Definitely one of my favorite watches, and still fairly priced today in comparison to its stable mates.

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:14 pm

blkgsl wrote:Congrats on the 116600! Definitely one of my favorite watches, and still fairly priced today in comparison to its stable mates.
Thanks Zack, been saving for this for a long time. When you listed that SBDB008 SD tuna, I almost broke. So easy to get distracted in this hobby.

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:15 pm

FireMonk3y wrote:
blkgsl wrote:Congrats on the 116600! Definitely one of my favorite watches, and still fairly priced today in comparison to its stable mates.
Thanks Zack, been saving for this for a long time. When you listed that SBDB008 SD tuna, I almost broke. So easy to get distracted in this hobby.
Agree ! Ill wear my 116600 tomorrow in solidarity :).

manitoujoe

Post by manitoujoe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Do you guys think C&C is a good way to sell a watch, like the Breitling Seawolf?

I’m wary bec of the OPs issue and my own inexperience.

Steve Martin

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:36 pm

manitoujoe wrote:Do you guys think C&C is a good way to sell a watch, like the Breitling Seawolf?

I’m wary bec of the OPs issue and my own inexperience.

I had a few issues that made it a pain in the ass for me, but this is probably rare. Their customer service was good and they seemed to work pretty hard to correct it, once they found out there was an issue. They’ll offer more for a trade than a straight sale. By filling out their form and sending pictures, they’ll make you an initial offer. If you don’t like it, you can just decline and move on. Their final offer after inspection was the same as their initial offer, so didn’t try to screw me there. They’ll also send a prepaid shipping label with parcel pro insurance. Probably still better than listing on WUS and answering a bunch of stupid questions and getting a bunch of lowball offers.

manitoujoe

Post by manitoujoe » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:54 pm

Thank you!

Steve Martin