Tudor BB58 Disaster

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Tudor BB58 Disaster

Post by tattoo chef » Sat May 25, 2019 5:06 pm

JBZ wrote:That AD will probably lose their Tudor and, if they have one, Rolex account. Bad idea to piss off the 800 lb gorilla with social media being what it is these days.
And as the guy said in his video, the AD knew he had a channel and was going to do a video. Guess the guy didn’t count on it getting over 100,000 views and gaining that much traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 5:06 pm
JBZ wrote:That AD will probably lose their Tudor and, if they have one, Rolex account. Bad idea to piss off the 800 lb gorilla with social media being what it is these days.
And as the guy said in his video, the AD knew he had a channel and was going to do a video. Guess the guy didn’t count on it getting over 100,000 views and gaining that much traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The view count surprised me.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun May 26, 2019 7:12 am

At least the video guy was honest in his admitting he bears a share of the blame.

If I buy a $3500 watch at an AD, you can be certain I’m going to visually inspect it before finalizing the transaction. He says he didn’t have his glasses (I expect reading glasses) but those are easy enough to borrow almost anywhere. Heck, he probably could’ve borrowed a 10X loop from the shop to inspect his watch.

To buy a $3500 watch, sign a paper stating you accept the watch as acceptable, then a week later report finding scratches on the case - that I can see being a tough situation to negotiate. The AD, in my mind, had the right to deny the claim if they wanted.

Where the entire thing went sideways was when the clerk faked the return to Tudor (even putting the watch into a service carton to make it appear like a service return). That made Tudor look badly due to the poor quality of the workmanship. I can see Tudor being upset.

I think Rolex pulling their AD status is a bit extreme, but that likely ultimately depends upon how much business they transact through that shop. I’d say that salesman is probably as good as fired though. I wouldn’t be surprised if the shop made him buy that watch. He messed it up, he should own it.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun May 26, 2019 10:23 am

Am I the only guy who would not buy a watch and wait a week to look at it?

nweash
Name: Nick

Tudor BB58 Disaster

Post by nweash » Sun May 26, 2019 10:47 am

toxicavenger wrote:Am I the only guy who would not buy a watch and wait a week to look at it?

Serio. When amazon shoppers turn to the watch industry.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun May 26, 2019 10:51 am

nweash wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:47 am
toxicavenger wrote:Am I the only guy who would not buy a watch and wait a week to look at it?

Serio. When amazon shoppers turn to the watch industry.
with in a week it has already had babies dumped on it and flushed in the shitt'er at least once :mrgreen:

Dogmann
Name: Marc

Post by Dogmann » Mon May 27, 2019 9:11 am

Hi all,

I also stumbled across this video and thought a lot of it was strange at first but it seems it was not Tudor at fault at all but the Manger of the well known AD and his actions that have reflected badly on both Tudor and his company. This AD is quite a large group and I doubt that Tudor whom they have been an AD for since starting to sell watches in UK again would pull there AD status over this one incident. Not so sure the manager will still be a manager though and it would be his own fault if not as he showed extremely poor judgement in how he handled this whole situation. I also would not of accepted the new watch as delivered or attempted to Cape Cod the marks out myself on a brand new watch nor see why anyone should after paying for a brand new watch from a shop and I also wouldn't of wanted it to try and be fixed for a 2nd time, either a new watch or refund would of been my decision to as if they couldn't fix a simple issue first time and actually made it worse who would want to risk seeing what happens on their next attempt not me for sure.

Marc
Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon
Chopard LUC Sport 2000 Blue Dial
Cartier Pasha 18k White Gold factory set diamond minute square and cabochon.
UTS 1000M Pro Diver Anthracite dial #79/200
Scubapro 500 Silver Bezel
Sinn 180a Vintage Chrono