24 Months 0% On eBay Using PayPal

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

24 Months 0% On eBay Using PayPal

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:08 pm

I haven't bought a watch on eBay for a long while, but this beats the typical 6 month interest free option.

Make a purchase of $600+ on eBay.com

Check out using PayPal Credit

Get 0% APR with 24 Easy Payments

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: 24 Months 0% On eBay Using PayPal

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Return it after 5 1/2 months and it’s even cheaper!
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:15 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Return it after 5 1/2 months and it’s even cheaper!
Rimshot....

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:09 am

That sounds like a good deal, but I can't help thinking that somehow PayPal will screw you. They always do. Seems like they keep changing things. They just sent out another "Policy Update" e-mail stating that as of May 7, if you issue a refund, you will no longer get your seller's fees back. Basically it said either you agree with this, or you're welcome to close your account.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:41 am

Steve O. wrote:That sounds like a good deal, but I can't help thinking that somehow PayPal will screw you. They always do. Seems like they keep changing things. They just sent out another "Policy Update" e-mail stating that as of May 7, if you issue a refund, you will no longer get your seller's fees back. Basically it said either you agree with this, or you're welcome to close your account.
You have to read the fine print but I don’t believe it says anything like terms can change etc. It’s just a revolving credit account. I wish I needed or wanted something as I would take advantage of the deal if I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:13 am

Seppia wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:54 am
I don’t know, I’m kinda old school: I either have the money for a watch or I don’t.
I would use credit only for a house and maybe a car, all the rest if I cannot pay for it in cash it means I cannot afford it

I’m not talking about the credit card that I always pay in full every month obviously
I hate thinking of myself as new school, but I'm fine financing a watch purchase with no interest.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:56 am

Seppia wrote:I don’t know, I’m kinda old school: I either have the money for a watch or I don’t.
I would use credit only for a house and maybe a car, all the rest if I cannot pay for it in cash it means I cannot afford it

I’m not talking about the credit card that I always pay in full every month obviously
Same here. All cards paid off monthly and used to collect points. Only long term debt is the mortgage and we’re overpaying on that to pay it off before we retire.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm

eBay free money is great, and 24 months is fantastic. Use it if you have something of interest.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Nellipj wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:23 pm
eBay free money is great, and 24 months is fantastic. Use it if you have something of interest.
My thought as well. I understand the above comments, but I'd rather have that money sitting in an interest bearing account and make monthly payments to zero out at the end of the 0% financing term.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 am

The devil's in the details.

Important information about PayPal Credit and Easy Payments

Get 0% APR for 24 months on purchases of $600+.

PayPal Credit is subject to credit approval as determined by the Lender, Synchrony Bank, and is available to US customers who are of legal age in their state of residence.
You must be logged into your eBay account to make an Easy Payments purchase, and you cannot use a gift card, coupon, eBay Bucks or other voucher with an Easy Payments purchase.
You must select Easy Payments at checkout to take advantage of special financing offers.
The total cost of your purchase will be divided into substantially equal monthly payments. If the seller ships your items separately, the total cost of each shipment will be divided into substantially equal payments.
The minimum payment on your account will include your Easy Payments purchase, as well as any other purchases you've made using PayPal Credit.
This promotional offer isn’t valid on previous returns, refunds, and exchanges, or when using the Send Money feature in your PayPal account.
PayPal Credit is not available in the following categories on eBay: Everything Else - Adult Only, eBay Motors (excluding eBay Motors – Parts and Accessories), Bullion and Real Estate. PayPal Credit is not available for purchases from non-US sellers or in currencies other than USD. Eligibility of items for PayPal Credit is determined at checkout and not on product, item or order summary pages.
For New Accounts: Variable Purchase APR is 26.24%. The APR is accurate as of 3/1/2019 and will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate (as defined in your credit card agreement). Minimum Interest charge is $2.00.
This special PayPal Credit promotional offer is available for a limited time only (between 04/12/2019 and 04/21/2019, ending at 11:59PM PST on that date). Minimum purchase required.

For PayPal Credit Account Terms, see the PayPal Credit Account Terms and Conditions.

Looks like using this purchase option triggers a credit check and a new line of credit with Synchrony Bank.

No longer an option for me. :hand:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 am

I believe that is only if you don’t already have a PayPal credit line.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:06 am

I believe that is only if you don’t already have a PayPal credit line.

You're right, Ed; I called PayPal and was told no credit check if credit line already exists.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:03 am

That's a whooping interest rate. Better make sure it is paid off before. If it is like everything else Synchrony, I am sure it'll be retroactive on all accrued interest from date of purchase if not paid in full.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:32 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:03 am
That's a whooping interest rate. Better make sure it is paid off before.

If it is like everything else Synchrony, I am sure it'll be retroactive on all accrued interest from date of purchase if not paid in full.
We got central AC last year; 18 month, 0% financing through Synchrony Bank.

Frightening to see the amount of interest on each bill.

Total deferred interest came to $3,580.25 (total cost of system was about 11,400).

Paid the loan off in 11 months, glad that's gone.