Classic custom Seiko diver

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
carlodwc

Classic custom Seiko diver

Post by carlodwc » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:19 am

Hi everyone. I posted photos of my 6309 some time ago, it is overall a nice watch for the age. One thing that I did not particularly like were the hands, I know some people like the shape of the original Seiko Divers hands, but I don't find them attractive. I could not really find some that would work well for me, however I settled for these sword ones at this point, I found them on the forum, they are from MKII and they are nicely made. I installed them a couple of days ago and I also installed a new bezel insert to match the style. I am posting a couple of photos to share with you so you can see some new looks and experience something new, I have never seen such combination so I figure that maybe someone could be interested. And yes, the dial lume is blue while the hands and lume pip are green.

Sorry for the usual dust specks and lint. Hope you enjoy.

Pastor

Re: Classic custom Seiko diver

Post by Pastor » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:49 am

A very nice diving watch, far nicer than the one in the photo behind it :stir:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Classic custom Seiko diver

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:56 am

I have to say at first I didn't think I would like with the sword hands. But combined with the PO bezel it looks really good! :thumbsup:

P.S. it does look better than that other "green machine".

carlodwc

Seiko 6309 custom

Post by carlodwc » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:38 am

Thanks a lot for the kind words. One good thing about Seiko's is that it is easy to make them more "custom" and more like you want them. The combinations are literally infinite.