Watch caseback remover

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
goaliechris
Name: Chris

Watch caseback remover

Post by goaliechris » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:45 pm

All - Quick question. I have a bunch of older quartz watches that have old batteries in them that I would like to remove and replace. I see a few inexpensive kits to remove casebacks on watches on Amazon but what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Chris

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Watch caseback remover

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:18 pm

goaliechris wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:45 pm
All - Quick question. I have a bunch of older quartz watches that have old batteries in them that I would like to remove and replace. I see a few inexpensive kits to remove casebacks on watches on Amazon but what would you recommend?

Thanks,
Chris
stress ball is one of the best. it is according to whether or not they are screw backs. :shrug:

here are some others that are decent as long as you are not working on a watch that is 200m or higher.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:23 pm

This kit has the stardriver I needed for my Suunto
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Hapa

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:49 pm

squishy ball, or some tape rolled in a ball (sticky side out) is very effective for screwbacks.
A small case knife or pry tool like the yellow one above is good for snap on casebacks.

Maybe get a little bit of gasket grease for when you put the caseback/gasket back in.