How do YOU post pics w/o Tapatalk?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: How do YOU post pics w/o Tapatalk?

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:38 am

hoppyjr wrote:I’ll be Negative Nancy; it’s not worth the hassle.
+1
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

How do YOU post pics w/o Tapatalk?

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am

TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:02 pm
jeckyll wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 pm
Google
I've not figured out how to get links from Google Photos to work.
I stay logged in using Chrome on my phone, and the mobile browser is great. Switched to Google Photos last year. It’s not difficult, but not intuitive. You open another browser tab, open Google Photos, and upload pics from your phone to your Google Photos album. Then right click (ie press/hold image on iPhone) to open that photo in a new tab. That URL is what you copy/paste into the Image link. If it doesn’t show up when you preview the post, add -tmp.jpg at the very end of the URL.
Good Lord. Sayonara WRUW threads!! I got a headache just reading this - and to top it off I'm seeing a broken pic icon anyway!

(I'm a iPhone/Google photos user and won't be opening any more picture hosting accounts anywhere).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send lawyers, guns and money...

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 am

TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google
I stay logged in using Chrome on my phone, and the mobile browser is great. Switched to Google Photos last year. It’s not difficult, but not intuitive. You open another browser tab, open Google Photos, and upload pics from your phone to your Google Photos album. Then right click (ie press/hold image on iPhone) to open that photo in a new tab. That URL is what you copy/paste into the Image link. If it doesn’t show up when you preview the post, add -tmp.jpg at the very end of the URL.
Is there supposed to be a photo? I see a broken gray square.
The Hapa

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 am

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:50 am
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google
No. I meant that’s the link you click to paste the URL in between.
Last edited by TSD on Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 am

HapaHapa wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google
:rolleyes: He didn't post an image, he just used the image tags without a link to an actual image. That's why no image is showing up.

TSD

Post by TSD » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:56 am

logan2z wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 am
HapaHapa wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google
:rolleyes: He didn't post an image, he just used the image tags without a link to an actual image. That's why no image is showing up.
Yes. Thanks for explaining Andrew.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:59 am

Just added picture as attachment in B-day thread using the mobile browser. I'm an Android user so I have Google Photos, but just downloaded a picture from the web to my phone, and then added as attachment. Could have just as easily used a camera shot.

Honestly I'm not sure why anybody uses imgur, Photobucket, etc. Seems pointless.....

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:59 am

I use imgur here or save the pic to my pc and upload.

I use a pc mainly and I still have to say DWC still takes forever to process my post and load it. It gets frustrating as hell. I do not like using a cell phone. I also can not upload my pics directly from a cell to DWC because it keeps telling me they are to big. So if I am on the cell I rarely come to DWC.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:45 am
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google
Good Lord. Sayonara WRUW threads!! I got a headache just reading this - and to top it off I'm seeing a broken pic icon anyway!

(I'm a iPhone/Google photos user and won't be opening any more picture hosting accounts anywhere).

i tend to agree, i dont wanna open new apps/accounts etc. Also i hate having to use the phone to insert the [IMG] then having to put spaces in enough to paste in my url, them delete the space etc...its a pain. On PC no Prob.....Phone no way
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 am
hidden by leaves wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google

i tend to agree, i dont wanna open new apps/accounts etc. Also i hate having to use the phone to insert the [IMG] then having to put spaces in enough to paste in my url, them delete the space etc...its a pain. On PC no Prob.....Phone no way
Wha? You don't have to add/delete any spaces. Just paste your url between the image tags that are inserted for you when you click the image icon in the post editor.

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google

^^this

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 am

logan2z wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 am
ericf4 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google

Wha? You don't have to add/delete any spaces. Just paste your url between the image tags that are inserted for you when you click the image icon in the post editor.
dude, on a phone you really cant. Most of the time if you tap and hold to paste "in between" the [IMG][IMG] it puts it in the wrong place and you end up having to edit anyway....Thats why i insert a few spaces to give me room to paste it in.....

TSD

Post by TSD » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 am

four20 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 am
hidden by leaves wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google

^^this

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
That was intended for Wu, since he asked how it was done.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:33 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:25 am
logan2z wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:22 am
ericf4 wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
TSD wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
Google

dude, on a phone you really cant. Most of the time if you tap and hold to paste "in between" the [IMG][IMG] it puts it in the wrong place and you end up having to edit anyway....
I do it all the time, really not a problem. But if you need to add a space to make it easier to insert then that shouldn't be a big deal. Frankly, typing a post on a cell phone without a thousand mistakes is 10x more painful than inserting an image.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:37 am

I used taptalk 2 times. now i get messages from people on it. but I do not see them because I did not invest time into learning it

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am

For the technologically challenged...

Go to DWC mobile browser.

Select full editor and preview.

Then select attachments then add files.. (Screenshot 1)

My phone gives me these options. ( Screenshot 2)

Choose the picture you want and select place inline. (Screenshot 3)

Should then look like screenshot 4.

Select preview and should see screenshot 5 (dat a$$)ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by 59yukon01 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:38 am

Then select add attachment. (Screenshot 1)

Seems like a killer option. But I don't get the inline option when I pick a photo. I get error saying file too large. Android.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:00 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 am
Seems like a killer option. But I don't get the inline option when I pick a photo. I get error saying file too large. Android.
i get that on android when trying to add pics directly from my phone. so i do not use it on my phone to upload.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 am
Imgur (or pulling an image off a Google search). The only issue I run into is with my phone, it's hard to get the photo link in between the photo insert brackets, but I manage. And that's not an issue with an Imgur photo - just with a photo or gif or something that I pull off of the internet.
My wife dropped some science on me recently. If you press and hold the space bar, you can move the cursor wherever you need to with ease. :thumbsup:

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:11 am

ericf4 wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

Then select add attachment. (Screenshot 1)

Weird.... I have Pixel 3 and you have XL right?
toxicavenger wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 am
i get that on android when trying to add pics directly from my phone. so i do not use it on my phone to upload.
I've never gotten error saying file too large on any Android phone I've used.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 am

Here. Yes pixel 3 xlImage

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:11 am
ericf4 wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:
I've never gotten error saying file too large on any Android phone I've used.
I have gotten it every time I forgotten about and try to upload from phone. :banghead:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:13 am

Selym wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 am
JBZ wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:32 am
Imgur (or pulling an image off a Google search). The only issue I run into is with my phone, it's hard to get the photo link in between the photo insert brackets, but I manage. And that's not an issue with an Imgur photo - just with a photo or gif or something that I pull off of the internet.
My wife dropped some science on me recently. If you press and hold the space bar, you can move the cursor wherever you need to with ease. :thumbsup:
Thanks - I'll give it a shot.

BlueSky

Post by BlueSky » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:19 am

I still don't understand why copy/paste is not an option, even with size restrictions. Seems so simple...

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:24 am

BlueSky wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:19 am
I still don't understand why copy/paste is not an option, even with size restrictions. Seems so simple...
one thing i love about WUS.....