Name: Vladimir

Re: Ahhhhh, screw it

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:01 pm

matt.wu wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 am
I’ll admit I’ve been eyeballing a new Garmin watch. The Alpina smart watch is kind of cool too. It uses a battery (2 year life span) instead of rechargeable, but the idea is a typical “smart watch” needs to be recharged every few days which is not not acceptable on a week long camping trip.

I’m off to kayak to a downed WW II P-47 and do a little diving to check out the wreckage. I have the coordinates to the location of the plane wreckage, and with a Garmin I could find it no problem. I’ll be using my iPhone sealed in a zip lock duct taped to the kayak.
I just bought a Fenix 5X :doh:

Wtf?!

You made fun of my tactix bravo I wore for 6 months.

I loved My garmin- but it was too big. I’d go Fenix next time for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sold it already also. I have an Apple Watch for the “smart watch” now.

You like it?
My wife runs and has a fit bit but it always Fs up. Can’t play music now- like they don’t update software. She asked me about the Apple Watch .. I have no clue

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 pm

BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
I’ll admit I’ve been eyeballing a new Garmin watch. The Alpina smart watch is kind of cool too. It uses a battery (2 year life span) instead of rechargeable, but the idea is a typical “smart watch” needs to be recharged every few days which is not not acceptable on a week long camping trip.

I’m off to kayak to a downed WW II P-47 and do a little diving to check out the wreckage. I have the coordinates to the location of the plane wreckage, and with a Garmin I could find it no problem. I’ll be using my iPhone sealed in a zip lock duct taped to the kayak.

Wtf?!

You like it?
My wife runs and has a fit bit but it always Fs up. Can’t play music now- like they don’t update software. She asked me about the Apple Watch .. I have no clue

It’s the best smart watch if you’ve got an iPhone. For a runner, it’s probably ideal.

I don’t wear it often simply because I like wearing other watches, but I do think the integration is much better now than it used to be.
:htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:45 am

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:12 pm
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

Wtf?!

You like it?

It’s the best smart watch if you’ve got an iPhone. For a runner, it’s probably ideal.

I don’t wear it often simply because I like wearing other watches, but I do think the integration is much better now than it used to be.
My little bro uses it for training for triathlons and he loves it.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 am

Henryj wrote:Well, I think I’m getting there. Digi-tuna, Apple, and Aerospace. An analog diver (probably a Seiko solar like a 437), and I’m done, ha ha ha. I have 3 SKX007s, and a 777 NAFT that’ll be up for sale as soon as I get around to pictures and gathering up boxes and spare links and such.
61100A08-845C-4B6B-8E79-A7F1A711C392.jpeg
LOVE my Apple Watch - so much so, I wear it on the right and an analog on the left daily.

The Aerospace is a great choice in the quartz collection too - super light and always accurate, plus a great grilling timer.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:47 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Henryj wrote:Well, I think I’m getting there. Digi-tuna, Apple, and Aerospace. An analog diver (probably a Seiko solar like a 437), and I’m done, ha ha ha. I have 3 SKX007s, and a 777 NAFT that’ll be up for sale as soon as I get around to pictures and gathering up boxes and spare links and such.
LOVE my Apple Watch - so much so, I wear it on the right and an analog on the left daily.
Hardcore

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:39 pm

BacoNoir wrote:

The Aerospace is a great choice in the quartz collection too - super light and always accurate, plus a great grilling timer.

Not sure I would openly admit to this. But I guess it’s 2020, so now or never?

DEATH FROM ABOVE

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:43 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:13 am

I've done this, but not anymore. However I do wear my apple watch every time I go to exercise and often times around the house, specially on weekends.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 pm

I wear long sleeve shirts daily so it's not quite as obvious. When I go short sleeve, I usually just wear the AW.

For me, the primary use of the Apple watch, is control of my DIY artificial pancreas system called Loop. It integrates my insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor and makes them work together to automatically control my blood sugar levels - something manufacturers are still working with the FDA on. It's the bomb!!! People can stare all they want. Best blood sugar control I've had in 30 years.
www.simplynoble.net

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Shit. The Apple Watch can help do all that??

DEATH FROM ABOVE

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:32 pm

BBK357 wrote:Shit. The Apple Watch can help do all that??

The app is on my iPhone but I can control it from my watch which makes it super convenient when I’m in meetings or out to dinner with clients.
www.simplynoble.net

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:17 am

My luck if I went wholly quartz, all the batteries would need changing at the same time...
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.