General watch talk.
ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Re: Marathon watches

Post by ncstate1201 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
manitoujoe wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:42 pm
Not your post buddy. The general concern that Marathons aren’t made well. Taking a chance on a Marathon. That’s goofy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah they are cool watches. I just wish the bigger versions were a little thinner. I would have a few of them for certain. :mrgreen:
Its strange the gsar doesn't seem to thick, just too deep....ok cant wait to see the pics that come with that last statement

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 pm

I thought that the bezel pip falling out was mostly the 2002 contract model, and the 2006 contract was okay. I haven't had any issues with my 2006. :shrug:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:44 pm

I heard many a soldier has hid in butt holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:51 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:37 pm
I thought that the bezel pip falling out was mostly the 2002 contract model, and the 2006 contract was okay. I haven't had any issues with my 2006. :shrug:
Mike I did not look up the contract dates on them to know exactly. I do know that some of the watches were right out of warranty. So they were pretty new it seems. :salute:

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:23 am

ncstate1201 wrote:I have not owned one, but heard there some issues with them. I have heard of bezels popping off and lume triangles popping out on their own...

bedlam wrote:They seem a bit too tall. Have seen a fair few QC issues discussed over time also with the lume pips and bezels.
Funny I've owned and been interested in Marathons for over 10 years and although I'm aware of the lume triangle issue, have never seen one account of a bezel falling off or whatever, let alone "a fair few". Do either of you guys have any links/examples?

Send lawyers, guns and money...

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:44 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:23 am
ncstate1201 wrote:I have not owned one, but heard there some issues with them. I have heard of bezels popping off and lume triangles popping out on their own...

bedlam wrote:They seem a bit too tall. Have seen a fair few QC issues discussed over time also with the lume pips and bezels.
Funny I've owned and been interested in Marathons for over 10 years and although I'm aware of the lume triangle issue, have never seen one account of a bezel falling off or whatever, let alone "a fair few". Do either of you guys have any links/examples?

https://www.google.com/search?q=maratho ... e&ie=UTF-8

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:54 am

Well done sir ... I am still changing my tune as I do actually like the watch in the metal...I was making comments based on what my watch guy told me

hidden by leaves

Post by hidden by leaves » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:44 am
hidden by leaves wrote:

Thanks I'm aware of the lume triangle issue, I was asking about both these guys reference to the whole bezel "popping off", which I've not heard of.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:

Thanks I'm aware of the lume triangle issue, I was asking about both these guys reference to the whole bezel "popping off", which I've not heard of.
Oh okay. I have not heard that either. :salute:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:20 am

I recall several Marathons, especially JSAR’s getting passed around here frequently a few years back.

I’d like to see something smaller than JSAR but larger than GSAR.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm
He’s a total milleinal long beard barbershop hair half gay.
My buddy's wife's brother fits this description. And his girlfriend is smoking hot. :shrug:

Back on topic, I wish I bought a SAR with automatic movement and Superluminova dial when they were readily available new. That was back when I thought owning more than three watches was nuts, so I held off on buying one. Now it's too late. :crybaby:
Last edited by Selym on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Selym wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 pm
BBK357 wrote:
My buddy's wife's brother fits this description. And his girlfriend is smoking hot. :shrug:
A lot of women like that "he looks kinda gay to me" kind of guy. Maybe its the guy who has feelings personality and the cute hair?

Anyhow I agree on moving on and wish I had picked up one of the older (cheaper) SAR models too .
The Hapa

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:14 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:57 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:

Both these guys didn't reference a bezel popping off.

The bezel issue I was aware of came up in direct conversation and was about stiff points in the bezel rotation on a brand new watch.

watchingyou

Post by watchingyou » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:26 am

ncstate1201 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I have not owned one, but heard there some issues with them. I have heard of bezels popping off and lume triangles popping out on their own...

I had the triangle lume pip pop off my TSAR a few years back. That was my first TSAR, I have since purchased another with no issues so far.
Ed -

hidden by leaves

Post by hidden by leaves » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:05 am

Selym wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 pm
BBK357 wrote:

Back on topic, I wish I bought a SAR with automatic movement and Superluminova dial when they were readily available new. That was back when I thought owning more than three watches was nuts, so I held off on buying one. Now it's too late. :crybaby:
I was fortunate to source my 2006 SAR NOS from Jim Madrid directly. Jim was involved in the original design, if I'm not mistaken, and literally found a few on a shelf in his shop and put them up for sale. Here's how it looked when I received it in 2011: