Re: WRUW Sunday 10 Feb 2019

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:13 pm

It's Vancouver, what's with all the white stuff... Same watch though. ImageImage
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:40 pm
ericf4 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:13 pm
Traded my monster snow blower for a much smaller one JP that takes up little room in garage. Still nice to have IMO. We got snow again today but I'm sick so gonna let it sit.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Can you get me the model info when you’re feeling better?
TORO Powerclear 518 from Home depot.....used it 5 times this year and been great so far. Some pretty nasty snow. Surprised how well it did considering its much smaller than my last one. I like that it has small footprint in the garage and i can pick it up and throw in the car when needing service at some point. The other one was a beast......way to heavy to pick up and would never fit in an SUV.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:10 am

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:07 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Traded my monster snow blower for a much smaller one JP that takes up little room in garage. Still nice to have IMO. We got snow again today but I'm sick so gonna let it sit.

TORO Powerclear 518 from Home depot.....used it 5 times this year and been great so far. Some pretty nasty snow. Surprised how well it did considering its much smaller than my last one. I like that it has small footprint in the garage and i can pick it up and throw in the car when needing service at some point. The other one was a beast......way to heavy to pick up and would never fit in an SUV.
Thanks. That looks perfect. Do you have any idea how it would do on an incline?

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:38 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:10 am
ericf4 wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

My experience with Toro snow blowers has been great, and I've only ever purchased the smaller, single stage versions with manual propulsion (i.e. you have to push it). They punch way over their weight, especially for the price. The first one I had lasted 12 years with minimal maintenance until I finally killed it in the aftermath of a huge storm. I've had my current one for 3 or 4 years, and no problems at all.

That said, while my driveway is on a bit of an incline, it isn't huge. If you've got a big incline, I'd look for something with self-propulsion. Toro makes those, too.

On edit: I'd also save a little money and avoid the push button start unless it's the only option on the model you're looking at. My experience with those is that they conk out after a little while and you end up having to use the pull start anyways. But ymmv, etc.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:50 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:10 am
ericf4 wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

that im not sure as my drive is flat. Sorry. My old one had gears and shit and would drive itself, this one does not. You basically lift the handle and the beaters inside propels it fwd. I would think it could take an incline though.
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer