WRUW 8 Jan 2019

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Captdave
Name: Dave

Re: WRUW 8 Jan 2019

Post by Captdave » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am

I forget how much I like this one. With mom at the neurologist today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

substitute

Post by substitute » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:23 am

Arrived yesterday from jimyritz (thanks Mike!).

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am

matt.wu wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:34 am
RALAustin wrote:Tudor again today! A really comfortable watch on bracelet, but I have a delivery coming today with something that is definitely a guilty pleasure and has been off my radar for a long time. I could not resist when it popped up on the forums this weekend (for the first time ever at least in terms of my seeing it for sale).

It's gotta be that BP anniversary LE. I saw that as well and contemplated... :)
Good guess Matt (I have seen that one and thought about it in the past), but nope. Still waiting on Fed Ex, which was supposed to be here before 10:30 am. :banghead:

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 pm

petethegreek
Name: Pete

Post by petethegreek » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 pm

Finally...settled on this version. I’ll be wearing this for a while.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Captdave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:17 am
I forget how much I like this one. With mom at the neurologist today.

I miss this one a bit now too. It really is well done. The stealth lume is top notch.

ISOfrane back on. Starting to think I should have been keeping this one anyway. Still not quite used to the bulk after NATOs. Best rubber strap I’ve owned though.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm

I really like the BB58 on bracelet, but I'm going with a nato for the next couple of days:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:01 pm

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Switch up!

The Omega Ploprof has been a grail/guilty pleasure for me ever since I saw one early into this watch collecting fiasco (which was heavy Omega-centric), and I have owned two (maybe three?) vintage versions (which I still miss), the original steel black dial/black bezel with date remake (which was awesome, but also awesomely heavy) and then most recently the crazy white dial/blue bezel titanium version (which I picked up on a whim in mid 2017 in part because I had lost hope of seeing the titanium black dial/black bezel version come up for sale on the forums at something less than the ridiculous boutique only price).

The Ploprof had sort of lost my interest in an "out of sight/out of mind" way, but Jason posted a pic of his vintage one a week or two ago and then one popped up on the forums this weekend at a price that I could at least stomach, and it arrived today.

As with all the Ploprofs I have owned, it will live on an isofrane, but I have to say I love the combo of the lighter case (about 117 grams so lighter than even the vintage one) and no date dial. The white dial/blue bezel titanium version I had was incredible to look at, but just too much of .... well just too much. This is still way too much, but not so much that I cannot wear it out in public with a straight face -- something that was hard with the white dial version.

Now, someone buy my JLC Navy Seals Alarm to help recoup the funds!

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:36 pm

RALAustin wrote: Image
Congrats!!! Very cool.

Poljot alarm with my new pick up for the day - performance center 586 L-comp

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:52 pm

Joeprez wrote:I really like the BB58 on bracelet, but I'm going with a nato for the next couple of days:

:thatshot:

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads

Post by JDC222 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:46 pm

Received the Erika strap from Mark today...

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:57 pm

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

RALAustin wrote:Switch up!

The Omega Ploprof has been a grail/guilty pleasure for me ever since I saw one early into this watch collecting fiasco (which was heavy Omega-centric), and I have owned two (maybe three?) vintage versions (which I still miss), the original steel black dial/black bezel with date remake (which was awesome, but also awesomely heavy) and then most recently the crazy white dial/blue bezel titanium version (which I picked up on a whim in mid 2017 in part because I had lost hope of seeing the titanium black dial/black bezel version come up for sale on the forums at something less than the ridiculous boutique only price).

The Ploprof had sort of lost my interest in an "out of sight/out of mind" way, but Jason posted a pic of his vintage one a week or two ago and then one popped up on the forums this weekend at a price that I could at least stomach, and it arrived today.

As with all the Ploprofs I have owned, it will live on an isofrane, but I have to say I love the combo of the lighter case (about 117 grams so lighter than even the vintage one) and no date dial. The white dial/blue bezel titanium version I had was incredible to look at, but just too much of .... well just too much. This is still way too much, but not so much that I cannot wear it out in public with a straight face -- something that was hard with the white dial version.

That’s the one I’d want too. Congrats!

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:01 pm

four20 wrote:Crisp Khaki is the perfect NATO for the LLD. Really makes the markers popImageImage

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk
Yes it does. Stellar combo. I probably should have bought that one when you make me the package deal offer. ;-)

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:03 pm

RALAustin wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:12 pm
Switch up!

Ahhhh, so you picked it up. Congratz. I rocked the heavy PP1200 for 3 years straight. The tan on my wrist is shaped by it. I miss that watch. Will get again.
Image Image

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Ending the day with the Farer Pointing LE

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:27 pm

Captdave

Post by Captdave » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Switch back to this.

Captdave

Post by Captdave » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm

Captdave wrote:Switch back to this.

Oops upside down againImageImage

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:55 pm

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:39 pm

christopherwilliam wrote:68 degrees so riding ole girl to work today.

Nice bike and I loved riding on cool days. Perfect riding temps.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 pm

RALAustin wrote:Switch up!

I didn’t see that coming! Honestly, I didn’t even know they made the ploprof in Ti. Awesome pickup!
:htfu: