F my luck - Jomashop!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Blaine
Name: Blaine

Re: F my luck - Jomashop!

Post by Blaine » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:25 pm

TSD wrote:Definitely take it to someone local to get demagnetized, if possible, before you do anything else. I’ve had my Autavia adjusted and it’s fully capable of COSC timekeeping, with a great PR.
Yes; watchmaker to demagnetize. My guy is a C21 and he said it’s very typical of watches being sent and scanned to run fast or slow upon arrival. I have taken several over the years and he’s demagnetized and ran perfectly. Also; if you have a good watchmaker he can check Timegrapher before and after to see if that was the issue. Again; in all cases with mine, that was it. Hope it all works out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks for the replies all. I’ve got one of those blue ebay demagnetizers and it didn’t seem to help any. I wish I had a local guy that could check it out - but I live in small town Arkansas.

I’m going to try the demagnitizer again and watch it for a couple more days - it’s still losing 3 or 4 seconds an hour. Unless a miracle happens, I guess I’ll call Jomashop and see if they will swap it for another one.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:12 pm

shaneotool wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:06 pm
Thanks for the replies all. I’ve got one of those blue ebay demagnetizers and it didn’t seem to help any. I wish I had a local guy that could check it out - but I live in small town Arkansas.

I’m going to try the demagnitizer again and watch it for a couple more days - it’s still losing 3 or 4 seconds an hour. Unless a miracle happens, I guess I’ll call Jomashop and see if they will swap it for another one.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lepsi-w ... 83882?mt=8

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:18 am

Have you even checked with a compass of it’s magnetized? That’s what I mentioned in my earlier comment but not sure if you ever did. If it’s not then forget that and call Joma. If it is then find a place, I’m sure there is a guy in Kansas who can demagnetize a Watch.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

shaneotool

Post by shaneotool » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 am

Here is how the story ends...

I called Joma and told them my watch was running super slow. They sent me an RMA form so I could send it back to them. Luckily, the watch was till in brand new condition so I marked on the form that I wanted a replacement.

I shipped them the watch and about a week later I got in the replacement. I've had it for less than a day, but it seems to running just fine at maybe +6 seconds a day.

Jomashop took care of me. I would buy again from them. I would suggest that if you buy a watch from them that you wind it, set the time, and leave it in unworn condition for a day to make sure it isn't way out of spec.

pbj204

Post by pbj204 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:40 am

Glad it worked out

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:43 am

shaneotool wrote:Here is how the story ends...

I called Joma and told them my watch was running super slow. They sent me an RMA form so I could send it back to them. Luckily, the watch was till in brand new condition so I marked on the form that I wanted a replacement.

I shipped them the watch and about a week later I got in the replacement. I've had it for less than a day, but it seems to running just fine at maybe +6 seconds a day.

Jomashop took care of me. I would buy again from them. I would suggest that if you buy a watch from them that you wind it, set the time, and leave it in unworn condition for a day to make sure it isn't way out of spec.
Great news, glad it all worked out ImageImage
Keeping it new/unworn was a great move
Thanks for keeping us posted
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:36 am

shaneotool wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 am
Here is how the story ends...

Paul great to hear. I have to say after all the complaints i have read concerning Joma this is one of the few that were positive.