New Member Intro

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Re: New Member Intro

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm

Welcome Jim. Just got my first Tag today.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

jimmckendree
Name: Jim

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:58 am

james80 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:04 pm
That’s a really nice clean looking race car. Love the APs. I’m not familiar with the series, what’s the engine, box and suspension spec?

Is that an AIM dash / data logger?
Thanks man. GTS is a weight-to-power class so pretty open in terms of suspension, engine and tranny. You do have to take a .2 penalty for a dog box. I am in 3, which has an 11:1 ratio, and is done through a calculation based on HP, RPM, and TQ. Roughly my car is 2800 lbs and 258 whp, so probably nowhere near the numbers of yours.

Yes I have all my sensors hooked into the AIM dash, I love that thing.

Have you ran the R5 yet, or still new?

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:59 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:45 pm
Thanks! What'd you get?

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 am

Haven't seen any watches!? I don't want to step on Joe's toes, so I won't mention wives/gf's.... :fro:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am

jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:
That’s a really nice clean looking race car. Love the APs. I’m not familiar with the series, what’s the engine, box and suspension spec?

Thanks man. GTS is a weight-to-power class so pretty open in terms of suspension, engine and tranny. You do have to take a .2 penalty for a dog box. I am in 3, which has an 11:1 ratio, and is done through a calculation based on HP, RPM, and TQ. Roughly my car is 2800 lbs and 258 whp, so probably nowhere near the numbers of yours.

We’re a, maybe, 300HP 1.6 with 32mm restrictor and only geared for 110MPH. We have competed in it, I’m the codriver, and it’s been awesome so far. Not as much grunt as the Evo and very different, where the Evo was stiff this is very soft and does what it does by transferring weight. The brakes are amazing.

What kind of box are you running? Are you doing any analysis with Race Studio? I do data management and analysis for a Radical SR3 as well. I strongly believe the only way to go faster is through proper data analysis. Also good if you can get hold of some competitors data to work with (and the reason our WiFi enabled logger is locked!).

james80

Post by james80 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 am

JDC222 wrote:Welcome!

I’m in to race cars too;

That’s awesome. Do you have a thread on it!

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

jimmckendree wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Thanks! What'd you get?
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:36 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm
jimmckendree wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Thanks! What'd you get?
Nice choice.

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:48 pm

james80 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:38 am
jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:

We’re a, maybe, 300HP 1.6 with 32mm restrictor and only geared for 110MPH. We have competed in it, I’m the codriver, and it’s been awesome so far. Not as much grunt as the Evo and very different, where the Evo was stiff this is very soft and does what it does by transferring weight. The brakes are amazing.

What kind of box are you running? Are you doing any analysis with Race Studio? I do data management and analysis for a Radical SR3 as well. I strongly believe the only way to go faster is through proper data analysis. Also good if you can get hold of some competitors data to work with (and the reason our WiFi enabled logger is locked!).
Yes of course, we have a few cars in the same class with similar setups that review data together. As for box do you mean data logger? I have the MXL with the Evo3.

james80

Post by james80 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:02 pm

jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:
jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:

Yes of course, we have a few cars in the same class with similar setups that review data together. As for box do you mean data logger? I have the MXL with the Evo3.
That’s great, none of the Radical guys here will share their data!

Sorry, I meant the gearbox.

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:12 pm

james80 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:02 pm
jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:
jimmckendree wrote:
james80 wrote:

That’s great, none of the Radical guys here will share their data!

Sorry, I meant the gearbox.
zf 5 speed manual! I like old school shifting. Yeah there is an unofficial battle with e36m vs e46m going on in our class so us e36 guys share data. :) Luckily about 7 or 8 of us are pretty good friends and want everyone to go faster.

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:43 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:13 am
Haven't seen any watches!? I don't want to step on Joe's toes, so I won't mention wives/gf's.... :fro:
Ok, here is where the fun starts... This is all I got right now. I know, I know.... rookie. It is my first "nice" watch.

jimmckendree

Post by jimmckendree » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Getting feet wet. Newly acquired 3570. Love this thing...

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:43 pm

You can never go wrong with a Speedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:45 pm

Nellipj wrote:You can never go wrong with a Speedy.

Fucking A! Congrats on getting one of the coolest watches ever.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko