talk to me about sporty haq perpetual calendar (date) options for women

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
jtbenson
Name: jason

talk to me about sporty haq perpetual calendar (date) options for women

Post by jtbenson » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am

So, my wife loves and wears her Seiko skx103 more than any other watch i've picked out for her (or shared with her). Her only complaint is the end of month when she has to change the date and reset the time. Also, she wears it exclusively on nato and changes them out to match her attire.

When i saw a listing today for a Seiko sbcm023 perpetual haq that looked just like her beloved skx it got me wondering if there was a similar midsize model ever offered by Seiko in this format, or if there are other Seiko models, or models by other brands that offer simple, sporty, mid-sized three-hand, date-only, affordable perpetuals?

I like the idea of the Seiko 85f6 haq gmt models, but they all seem pretty full size. Also, the Grand Seiko smallish models could work, but they all come on bracelets that probably can't be sized small enough for her wrist, and are maybe too dressy for nato wear in her eyes?

Please share any models that fit this category that you know of past or present.

Many thanks dwc!

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: talk to me about sporty haq perpetual calendar (date) options for women

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Sounds like she needs a versatile, wearable perpetual calendar...

:htfu:

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:57 pm

good one matt. unlike you, she likes to drive a nice car.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 pm

Was interested in the sbcm023 years ago. Wish they'd bring it back but too many eggs in the GS basket now. They come-up for sale every so often but at a premium which is still <GS money. Think they're 36mm which should work unless she's petite.

The new HAQ GS GMTs with the 9F86 have an independent hour hand for time/date changes (I think) and look amazing, but how many times have I accidentally hacked a watch with that feature! :banghead: Plus you'd still need to try before you buy (as mentioned).

I've gotten very good accuracy with non-HAQ living in California which has relatively stable weather all year long and dry. Some of my quartz tunas were on the second for months and my lower-end Seiko quartz and Solars were not far off. I'd imagine any good quartz would give very reasonable accuracy assuming she's not shoveling snow for a living, or works in climates which quickly fluctuate with her being in the elements for extended periods. If her only exposure to weather is running to the car from the office, then the car to home, then a regular quartz should work. Wonder if Eco-drive has any lady offerings? Tissot maybe?

I'd ask this question on the WUS HAQ forum. Some strange dudes in that forum and sifting through some of the info there can be a bit confusing as they take accuracy very seriously, but I can post a thread if you wish, assuming you're banned like most here... I'm only banned from MKII forum. :grin:

In a nut shell, buy the new GS GMT and when it doesn't fit keep it suggesting that the hit on resale is too great, but I have another watch in mind.... THEN procure the sbcm023. :cheers: It's got drilled lugs... She can have a heyday swapping natos and bands and then one day you can add the fitted-to-you bracelet and wear it yourself! Wife and I have been doing this the hard way (me adjusting the SJ links) on a DJ36 she wears intermittently now.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm

jtbenson wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:56 am
i saw a listing today for a Seiko sbcm023 perpetual haq that looked just like her beloved skx it got me wondering if there was a similar midsize model ever offered by Seiko in this format
The SMBC023 is 39mm. I had one years ago. It is more refined than a Seiko SKX imo.

I don't know of anyone watch that would fit your requirement. Maybe search ebay and see what is out there? :shrug: