Crystal Times?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Crystal Times?

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:40 pm

Am I the only person who has bough stuff from them and the quality is just okay? :scratch:

For example, I love the Top Hat crystal, but it was too wide. So I contacted Crystal Times and they said they have sold over a 1000 of them and never heard of this issue. Then they told me to sand the inside of the edge of the bezel insert to get the bezel to work.

If they never had an issue then why would they know this would work? This is the 3rd time I have gotten something from them it is less than perfect.

Back in the old days you did have mod parts to make them work. And I understood that, because you have limited resources for parts. But now there are quite a few options out there. I have to say CT is not on my favorites list. :smack:

PGERRITY
Name: Pat

Re: Crystal Times?

Post by PGERRITY » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:50 pm

Oh they heard it before, lol..

Sent from your mom’s house.

abuemily
Name: Michael

Post by abuemily » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:45 pm

I can only speak to my admittedly limited experience. I modded my STO with chapter ring, coin edge bezel, and top hat crystal and they all fit fine. Of course, I had Duarte install everything, so I’m unaware of any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:53 pm

I had a crystal from them.. my watchmaker had to lightly sand it to fit.
I guess it is down to very tight tolerances, and cooling/heating may help fitment - and the tighter the better I presume
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:54 pm

I find their AR too harsh.

I ordered the tophat for the srp with no AR and it was great. Fit without needing modifications.

The one that I just bought for the skx007 apparently had the same problem as yours, with the insert not fitting. I didn't bother getting it sanded. The bezel won't turn, but the insert I have is just for looks anyway so I don't mind too much.

But yeah, quality is certainly not high end.

Speaking of crystal's, the one on my Omega De Ville is the best that I've ever had or seen. Barely any reflection. Definitely has AR, but no tint.

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:47 am

I've had Duarte install a couple of their crystals for me. I never got any feedback from him that there were any fit problems.

I really like the AR coatings on their crystals.