Breitling Navitimer 8 B-01 Video

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Breitling Navitimer 8 B-01 Video

Post by logan2z » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:17 pm

Despite Jack Forster's assertions, there's really nothing in this video that demonstrates to me that this is any more a 'real' pilot's watch than nearly any other chronograph in existence - but nonetheless it provides a good look at the new Navitimer 8. Kind of growing on me, but not at $8K.

https://vimeo.com/291795051

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Re: Breitling Navitimer 8 B-01 Video

Post by JBZ » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 pm

I don't like it. They combined the Navitimer with the Transocean, except they took away the useful features (slide rule; tachymeter). So I don't know how this is a "real" pilot's watch, and I like the design of both the traditional Navi and the Transocean better.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm

JBZ wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 pm
I don't like it. They combined the Navitimer with the Transocean, except they took away the useful features (slide rule; tachymeter). So I don't know how this is a "real" pilot's watch, and I like the design of both the traditional Navi and the Transocean better.
I'm a bit of a sucker for panda/reverse panda chronographs so that's the appeal for me here. I don't have much use for a slide rule or a tachymeter in my day to day life so those features wouldn't be greatly missed ;)

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm

logan2z wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm
JBZ wrote:
I'm a bit of a sucker for panda/reverse panda chronographs so that's the appeal for me here. I don't have much use for a slide rule or a tachymeter in my day to day life so those features wouldn't be greatly missed ;)
Neither do I. I just don't get why Breitling messed around this much with their most iconic design. :shrug:

And, like I said, the OG Navitimer looks much nicer to my eye. The busy dial/bezel is part of its charm.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:55 pm

JBZ wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm
logan2z wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm
JBZ wrote:
Neither do I. I just don't get why Breitling messed around this much with their most iconic design. :shrug:

And, like I said, the OG Navitimer looks much nicer to my eye. The busy dial/bezel is part of its charm.
I don't disagree. Like many manufacturers, I think Breitling lost the plot a long time ago. Their vintage stuff is far nicer IMHO..

Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Name: Alex

Post by Morethan1 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 pm

What does a bezel with only a triangle do? Doesn’t really give you any precise indication of anything.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:47 am

Now that is a beautiful watch there Andrew ! 8-) :excited: Love the whole seemingly simple
design, and dial, that is actually off the charts dynamic, and detailed. So neat seeing
the sterile bezel added in also. Really makes for a fantastic combination !

Amazing watch, movement, and video sir ! ..Thanks so much for finding it !!! :salute:

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Breitling has a special place in my heart. The steelfish was one of my first big purchases and there's just something great about the brand I can't put my finger on.

Slide rule Panda Navitimer is where it's at imho. I bought a Citizen Nighthawk just to have a proper slide rule watch, have watched some helpful videos on how to utilize it to its capacity and used it exactly ZERO times since. :lol: Put it sure looks great on the Navi.

logan2z
IT Admin

Post by logan2z » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:02 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:56 pm
Breitling has a special place in my heart. The steelfish was one of my first big purchases and there's just something great about the brand I can't put my finger on.

Slide rule Panda Navitimer is where it's at imho. I bought a Citizen Nighthawk just to have a proper slide rule watch, have watched some helpful videos on how to utilize it to its capacity and used it exactly ZERO times since. :lol: Put it sure looks great on the Navi.
I've never owned a Breitling but I am attracted to a few of their pieces. Something always seems to keep me from pulling the trigger, though.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Lmao - as you said, the whole flight thing was a waste of time - nothing about the watch makes it a flight timer or makes one feel it is “at home in the cockpit”...
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:42 pm

Don’t squadrons still deliver to USAF drivers in at least the aerospace? Or is that all bremont now?