HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW 11 September 18

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 am

MDF wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:25 am
Love it, I should have kept mine in SS!
I didn’t appreciate these until I had it on my wrist.

seiko_shepherd

Post by seiko_shepherd » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:29 am

Just landed in San Antonio Texas. Gonna spend a few days on my friends cattle ranch. Carne Asada, Carne Guisada and Barbacoa for lunch with my travel companion...

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:31 am

:thatshot:
Regards,

Mark

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:36 am

Mine is blue, too.ImageImage
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:02 pm

It does look nice on the bracelet too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:14 pm

ericf4 wrote:
unsub073 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:36 am
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:31 am
Zenith Defy21ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You've had or still have 3 Zenith Chrono's. Which one has been your favorite?

wow tough call, here they are. I would say that the new Defy 21 is my fav as the 1/100 of sec function is mind boggling in person. Also i love the beauty in the movement etc. CLOSE 2nd would be the Aged Steel and 3rd is the Stratos.

That aged steel flyback Chrono is ImageImageImage
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Air Defender on DrunkArtStraps canvas

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm

RALAustin wrote:So, still not sure if there is a method to the madness, or just madness -- but here we are! I was really excited to get the Blancpain FF Milspec LE mid-summer, but that turned to disillusionment when I could not get the friction pins out to allow for strap changes, and since I bought the watch in large part because I was excited about 20mm lugs and strap options on a really light, comfortable FF I ended up flipping it quickly for the Rolex SD 50th anniversary. Still, I lamented the lost opportunity with the Milspec because it was an incredible watch to look at and ticked every other box for me (well, in a perfect world it would be 41.5mm instead of 40.5mm, but I was OK with the size given its intended use and my other large watches).

Fast forward several months and the new blue titanium 45mm FF Sport has been at the forefront of my mind of late, but then Mark posted the Blancpain FF Ocean Commitment III LE. I was sure I was going to hold firm, but with monsoons in Austin this weekend I think I read just about every posting on it and realized that the OC III now comes on spring bars with the drilled lugs and an extra blue nato strap. My resolve weakened, and anticipating future moves involving the blue titanium 45mm FF Sport, I reached out to Mark. Out went my 45mm Blue flinque dial Sport and in came this morning the Blancpain FF Ocean Commitment III. I will miss the flinque dial on the 45mm blue Sport, but I actually found myself wearing my black dial 45mm Sport more often and moving the flinque dial now makes long term sense for when I can find a blue titanium 45mm FF, which I am hoping will be a huge win because the main thing that kept me from wearing the 45mm FFs all the time was the weight (especially when combined with the 23mm lugs and screw bars).

So, here it is. The OEM sailcloth is still barely wearable on my wrist, but with the drilled lugs and spring bars I am hoping this will be the closest thing to the ultimate comfort, grab and go nature of my old No Date Subs whether on a nato, isofrane or one of my many vintage tropic type straps.

Wow Image how do you do it ?? One incredible piece after the other ImageImageImageImage
Big congrats Rob Image

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:27 pm

#triplezerotuesday

If everyone else can make up a silly hashtag, why not me? ;)

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 pm

#greatlookingpanerai

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:19 pm
RALAustin wrote:So, still not sure if there is a method to the madness, or just madness -- but here we are! I was really excited to get the Blancpain FF Milspec LE mid-summer, but that turned to disillusionment when I could not get the friction pins out to allow for strap changes, and since I bought the watch in large part because I was excited about 20mm lugs and strap options on a really light, comfortable FF I ended up flipping it quickly for the Rolex SD 50th anniversary. Still, I lamented the lost opportunity with the Milspec because it was an incredible watch to look at and ticked every other box for me (well, in a perfect world it would be 41.5mm instead of 40.5mm, but I was OK with the size given its intended use and my other large watches).

Fast forward several months and the new blue titanium 45mm FF Sport has been at the forefront of my mind of late, but then Mark posted the Blancpain FF Ocean Commitment III LE. I was sure I was going to hold firm, but with monsoons in Austin this weekend I think I read just about every posting on it and realized that the OC III now comes on spring bars with the drilled lugs and an extra blue nato strap. My resolve weakened, and anticipating future moves involving the blue titanium 45mm FF Sport, I reached out to Mark. Out went my 45mm Blue flinque dial Sport and in came this morning the Blancpain FF Ocean Commitment III. I will miss the flinque dial on the 45mm blue Sport, but I actually found myself wearing my black dial 45mm Sport more often and moving the flinque dial now makes long term sense for when I can find a blue titanium 45mm FF, which I am hoping will be a huge win because the main thing that kept me from wearing the 45mm FFs all the time was the weight (especially when combined with the 23mm lugs and screw bars).

So, here it is. The OEM sailcloth is still barely wearable on my wrist, but with the drilled lugs and spring bars I am hoping this will be the closest thing to the ultimate comfort, grab and go nature of my old No Date Subs whether on a nato, isofrane or one of my many vintage tropic type straps.

Wow Image how do you do it ?? One incredible piece after the other ImageImageImageImage
Big congrats Rob Image
It's called rich

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:09 pm

I could use an updated SOTC

nweash
Name: Nick

WRUW 11 September 18

Post by nweash » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:44 pm

Guess we’re all type A?

Knome
Name: Ken

Post by Knome » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Jumbo dayImage

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:32 pm

Knome wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 pm
Jumbo dayImage
Gotta admit. Should have kept mine. :(

:htfu:

Rackness
Name: Jason

Post by Rackness » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Knome wrote:Jumbo dayImage
Fekin love these. If it was 100m wr I would sell off most of my collection and buy one tomorrow. Image

Rackness
Name: Jason

Post by Rackness » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Still ramblin. I am I liking the “bond” nato.

spring-diver
Name: Shannon

Post by spring-diver » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

EZM9 for 9/11Image

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, 836 & 857S

:cheers:

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 pm

Congrats!! That’s beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.