General watch talk.
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Prospective buyer response (WUS)

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:11 pm

FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:It's definitely tough on both sides. I live in a very small town with no residential USPS delivery. Everything USPS goes to our local post office, which is also my verified paypal address, because it's my billing address. When I have watches shipped Fedex or UPS, their systems say my home address doesn't exist. Try explaining that to the seller. I've went round and round with UPS and Fedex trying to get my address registered, but they both say you have to register through USPS, which doesn't deliver to my house, so......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many people in your town? Why don’t they deliver?

It's a very small town, in rural New Mexico, probably 600 or 700 people total. It's beautiful area, but living there has its drawbacks.

Are you sectioned off or can they combine your town with another? I’m just not understanding why they didn’t resolve this at some point .

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:23 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:It's definitely tough on both sides. I live in a very small town with no residential USPS delivery. Everything USPS goes to our local post office, which is also my verified paypal address, because it's my billing address. When I have watches shipped Fedex or UPS, their systems say my home address doesn't exist. Try explaining that to the seller. I've went round and round with UPS and Fedex trying to get my address registered, but they both say you have to register through USPS, which doesn't deliver to my house, so......

It's a very small town, in rural New Mexico, probably 600 or 700 people total. It's beautiful area, but living there has its drawbacks.

Are you sectioned off or can they combine your town with another? I’m just not understanding why they didn’t resolve this at some point .

We're in a unique area that was settled in mid 1800's. Shortly after, the area was surrounded by the Navajo and Zuni reservations, basically land-locking the town between them. The next larger town is probably Gallup, which is about 42 miles away, and where I work. Gallup is still pretty small at maybe 25,000.

Americandave
Name: Dave

Post by Americandave » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:33 am

Firemonkey, I’ve driven through Gallup more than a few times and would you believe it, there’s a lady down here in Oz from Ruidoso! Couldn’t too far from you I imagine

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:21 am

Americandave wrote:Firemonkey, I’ve driven through Gallup more than a few times and would you believe it, there’s a lady down here in Oz from Ruidoso! Couldn’t too far from you I imagine
Ruidoso is one of my wife and my favorite places.

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:44 pm

Americandave wrote:Firemonkey, I’ve driven through Gallup more than a few times and would you believe it, there’s a lady down here in Oz from Ruidoso! Couldn’t too far from you I imagine
Grahamcombat wrote:
Ruidoso is one of my wife and my favorite places.
Small world. Ruidoso is great, I go there about once a year for an EMS conference. It's still about 5 hours away from me, but makes for a nice weekend with the wife.

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 am

Below is an interesting comment I found at the end of a seller's post:

Please look at my previous sales threads and feedback prior to messaging me as I do not have time

to prove myself to new or skittish buyers.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:36 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 am
Below is an interesting comment I found at the end of a seller's post:

Please look at my previous sales threads and feedback prior to messaging me as I do not have time

to prove myself to new or skittish buyers.
To that I would say that I do not have time to message you for your PayPal or wire information.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:55 am

FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

We're in a unique area that was settled in mid 1800's. Shortly after, the area was surrounded by the Navajo and Zuni reservations, basically land-locking the town between them. The next larger town is probably Gallup, which is about 42 miles away, and where I work. Gallup is still pretty small at maybe 25,000.

Small world. I drive through Gallup often. One of the best Superchargers with the most friendly people! Never thought I’d meet a local on dwc though !

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am

^^^Your license plate is "Tesra"?

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:35 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am
^^^Your license plate is "Tesra"?
Phonetic spelling.

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:48 am

Love that plate. :roll:

Reminds me of always making a point of asking the in-laws if they’d like to do family bowling during their visits but always too boring for them to consider. :shrug:

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 am

blkgsl wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Small world. I drive through Gallup often. One of the best Superchargers with the most friendly people! Never thought I’d meet a local on dwc though !

Image If your ever interested in grabbing a bite to eat, hit me up. Not many watch enthusiasts here.

blkgsl
Herro!!!

Post by blkgsl » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am

JBZ wrote:^^^Your license plate is "Tesra"?
Yep ! It’s how my people say the name of the car !

blkgsl
Herro!!!

FireMonk3y wrote:
blkgsl wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Image If your ever interested in grabbing a bite to eat, hit me up. Not many watch enthusiasts here.

You got it !

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am

blkgsl wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:43 am
JBZ wrote:^^^Your license plate is "Tesra"?
Yep ! It’s how my people say the name of the car !
:grin:

blkgsl
Herro!!!

FireMonk3y wrote:
blkgsl wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

You got it !

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm

FireMonk3y wrote:
blkgsl wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

What’s going on in Sunspot, btw?! Holy conspiracy theory Batman.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:16 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm

The truth is out there... :geek:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

FireMonk3y

Post by FireMonk3y » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
blkgsl wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
FireMonk3y wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

deepcdvr wrote:
Grahamcombat wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:58 pm

The truth is out there... :geek:
Something shady could be going on there, but I find it strange they have private security guarding. I think if it was anything too conspiracy worthy, some form of military would be on site. Still very curious.....

Americandave
Name: Dave

Post by Americandave » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:15 am

Y’all got me nostalgic for the southwest!