Ultraman on Recon

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
substitute

Re: Ultraman on Recon

Post by substitute » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:37 am

tmw wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:48 pm
When is the voltron edition? Have to assemble it with multiple speedies.
Kinda...

https://monochrome-watches.com/omega-sp ... nly-price/

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:59 am

I like Flintstones. I'd take that edition in a heartbeat

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:01 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:40 pm
Ultraman was still the worst TV show ever!
I thought that was Inframan.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:24 am

as predicted it Sold
Don't know the final price but it's sold nevertheless

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 am

59yukon01 wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:40 pm
Ultraman was still the worst TV show ever!

Oh man, thought that show was cool David ! 8-) At least when I was a kid. :grin:

Mike, really is something seeing this, and learning how much they really can
go for. :o Think it's a really cool watch, but holy cow, honestly had no idea !!!

Really appreciate the look. Thanks a lot !

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:41 pm

Unless Omega starts putting a cal 321 in their modern Speedmasters, I'm really not sure there will be a modern Speedmaster that appeals to me more than the ST2. Stepped dial, DON bezel, and the orange and racing elements make it my favorite modern Speedmaster by a mile. Of course, I also thought that my ST1 could never be topped when I got it, but that was back when I thought there would never be a modern Speedmaster with a DON bezel or a stepped dial (and we get BOTH in this one!). As I said when I reserved it, I was about to start the search for either a Racing Speedy or a Tintin, and then this came along and blew both of those options away. Yes, this watch is overpriced, yes it's ridiculous that the whole Speedy Tuesday concept is based around a hashtag, and yes at these prices these watches should come with a bracelet,...but damn, when they're this good, I'm in.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:58 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:41 pm
Unless Omega starts putting a cal 321 in their modern Speedmasters, I'm really not sure there will be a modern Speedmaster that appeals to me more than the ST2. Stepped dial, DON bezel, and the orange and racing elements make it my favorite modern Speedmaster by a mile. Of course, I also thought that my ST1 could never be topped when I got it, but that was back when I thought there would never be a modern Speedmaster with a DON bezel or a stepped dial (and we get BOTH in this one!). As I said when I reserved it, I was about to start the search for either a Racing Speedy or a Tintin, and then this came along and blew both of those options away. Yes, this watch is overpriced, yes it's ridiculous that the whole Speedy Tuesday concept is based around a hashtag, and yes at these prices these watches should come with a bracelet,...but damn, when they're this good, I'm in.
Whatever makes you happy, who cares what anyone else thinks.

I love Leica M cameras but many people think they're overpriced and lack the features of less expensive brands. But I love the way the Leica feels and operates and I didn't think twice about plunking down the cash for one once I'd experienced it. It's become my favorite 'thing'.

Enjoy the ST2...

Steelman
Name: Ron

Post by Steelman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:59 pm

I’m almost embarrassed to own a Speedy. I have a 1969 Speedy Pro. But Omega has pimped out this model to the max. It’s almost revolting.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:07 pm

Steelman wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:59 pm
I’m almost embarrassed to own a Speedy. I have a 1969 Speedy Pro. But Omega has pimped out this model to the max. It’s almost revolting.
:scratch: There are several 'modern' Speedmasters that are true-ish to the originals and haven't been 'pimped out'. Obviously the Speedmaster Pro is one of them, The Speedmaster '57 also comes to mind. I think the first Speedy Tuesday watch was very tasteful and echoed an earlier design. I'm not a fan of the 44mm Speedmasters as those are too far removed from the original for my taste but even some of those models are understated and I wouldn't personally be embarrassed to own one. I could see owning a DSOTM, for example...

Nellipj
Name: Patrick

Post by Nellipj » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:13 pm

Embarrassed is a huge overreaction. I own a Speedy 57 Coaxial that I love and have had multiple Standard Speedy’s that are fantastic. If you don’t like something don’t buy it, it’s that simple. I think it’s great Rahul. Buy what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steelman
Name: Ron

Post by Steelman » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Perhaps embarrassed was too strong a word. Its just that I am such a big fan of the original Speedy Pro...that I sometimes feel that even the slightest alteration is blasphemy.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Certainly buy what you like but back in the day I used to think of these 3 when someone said Speedmaster:

3570.50, 3572.50, 3873.50...………….Now there are so many models- some awesome pieces..

I have a FOIS and wear it less and less..

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:52 pm

dukerules wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:41 pm
Unless Omega starts putting a cal 321 in their modern Speedmasters, I'm really not sure there will be a modern Speedmaster that appeals to me more than the ST2. Stepped dial, DON bezel, and the orange and racing elements make it my favorite modern Speedmaster by a mile.
The OB called me on Friday, to say it landed. So I’m supposed to pick it up next week. The one positive thing I’ve noticed is that those who’ve gotten one have pretty universally said how awesome the stepped dial and color is. If you put aside the hokey design cues, it’s a pretty damn nice looking Speedmaster.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:02 pm

dukerules wrote:Unless Omega starts putting a cal 321 in their modern Speedmasters, I'm really not sure there will be a modern Speedmaster that appeals to me more than the ST2. Stepped dial, DON bezel, and the orange and racing elements make it my favorite modern Speedmaster by a mile. Of course, I also thought that my ST1 could never be topped when I got it, but that was back when I thought there would never be a modern Speedmaster with a DON bezel or a stepped dial (and we get BOTH in this one!). As I said when I reserved it, I was about to start the search for either a Racing Speedy or a Tintin, and then this came along and blew both of those options away. Yes, this watch is overpriced, yes it's ridiculous that the whole Speedy Tuesday concept is based around a hashtag, and yes at these prices these watches should come with a bracelet,...but damn, when they're this good, I'm in.
I can’t wait to see it. Wish you had it already so I could try it on Monday Image
The ST1 is really awesome too though. Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)