Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Titanium (Blue)

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:53 am

Sitting around waiting for a hurricane to pass has given me some time to think about my next purchase (bored). The 15400 is still out there but might have to wait.

The BPFF in titanium with the blue dial really appeals to me but I’ve never handled any version of the FF. Love the size, the sapphire bezel, the darker and less blingy Ti case - it seems to check a lot of boxes. Would like a bracelet though.

Anyone know what they go for in the used market? I know the list is at $15k but I’ve seen regular FFs go for about $9k.

Thanks!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Titanium (Blue)

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:04 am

If you buy the bracelet separate, they are VERY hard to find at all but i paid like 1500 for this steel one. I think the bracelet is like 3k from AD/Boutique if i recall. Im not even sure if they make a Ti bracelet for this newer Ti model....

The AD i buy from mentioned that TI FF would be like 11k when they first came out.

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:19 pm

I don't think BP has announced a Ti bracelet for this yet. If/when you order, that can be verified easily enough though.
Last edited by Denizen on Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Regularly ffs go around the 7k’s I thought. The tribute to aqualung last retailed at 16,600 and goes for about 10k used. So I’d price the Ti blue dial a little under that.

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:17 pm

I have yet to see one pop up on the forums for sale or even with the TRF gray dealers, and have been interested to see what the first ones will be listed at. I am definitely a buyer at some point, but given that I have both the blue dial and black dial versions in steel I have not exactly been in any hurry on it (although long term plan would be to get the blue ti and sell the blue and black steel ones if I like it as much as I hoping I will).

goaliechris

Post by goaliechris » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:22 pm

RALAustin wrote:I have yet to see one pop up on the forums for sale or even with the TRF gray dealers, and have been interested to see what the first ones will be listed at. I am definitely a buyer at some point, but given that I have both the blue dial and black dial versions in steel I have not exactly been in any hurry on it (although long term plan would be to get the blue ti and sell the blue and black steel ones if I like it as much as I hoping I will).
Interesting - thanks. I’m keeping an eye out as well but haven’t seen any listings, historical or otherwise. Not many buyers and/or they are holding on to them.

goaliechris

Post by goaliechris » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:28 pm

RALAustin wrote:I have yet to see one pop up on the forums for sale or even with the TRF gray dealers, and have been interested to see what the first ones will be listed at. I am definitely a buyer at some point, but given that I have both the blue dial and black dial versions in steel I have not exactly been in any hurry on it (although long term plan would be to get the blue ti and sell the blue and black steel ones if I like it as much as I hoping I will).
Interesting - thanks. I’m keeping an eye out as well but haven’t seen any listings, historical or otherwise. Not many buyers and/or they are holding on to them.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Tried this one on at the boutique in Vegas a few months back. Gorgeous, just didn’t quite have the girth for it. Bitch wrist just saved me $10k.

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 pm

Denizen wrote:I don't think BP has announced a Ti bracelet for this yet. If/when you order, that can be verified easily enough though.
Correct, no titanium x71. This comes with either a blue sailcloth or blue nato.

The titanium version wears much more preferable on a smaller wrist like mine than the stainless 5015 - the proportions and feel are better. However, the dial is not as pretty as the stainless blue dial - I wish the textured dial from the stainless model was retained. Ideal situation is to find a textured blue dial and have it swapped into the titanium case. I will call it the fifwu mod.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:56 am

blkgsl wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:09 pm
Denizen wrote:I don't think BP has announced a Ti bracelet for this yet. If/when you order, that can be verified easily enough though.
Correct, no titanium x71. This comes with either a blue sailcloth or blue nato.

The titanium version wears much more preferable on a smaller wrist like mine than the stainless 5015 - the proportions and feel are better. However, the dial is not as pretty as the stainless blue dial - I wish the textured dial from the stainless model was retained. Ideal situation is to find a textured blue dial and have it swapped into the titanium case. I will call it the fifwu mod.
Agreed, tried it on, total meh compared to blue SS. Hard pass. Waiting to try on big date Ti in black.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:16 am

to me the Ti version is flat, nothing compares to the SS Dial....
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer