The Watch Steward elastic straps

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: The Watch Steward elastic straps

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I got mine in. It took about 10 days to get to me since I ordered.

I won't be wearing it. It is not for me.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 am
Quick update after a full weekend of wear with the Watch Steward strap.

The good: multiple surf sessions, plus just playing in the ocean with my kids and the watch stayed securely on my wrist. The material is textured enough that the watch head stays centered on the wrist. The slight tension of the elastic material lets your wrist flex and move without constriction. The lack of a layer of nylon under the watch head keeps it tight and low on the wrist.

The bad: after multiple dunks in the ocean (and fresh water rinses), I think I see traces of rust on the edges of the hardware. I'm not certain what grade of stainless The Watch Steward is using, but I'll have to watch it to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Also as an FYI - I hunted on-line for hardware to make these types of straps and found pretty much everything except the Erika style flat hooks. I also couldn't find any inexpensive French parachute bags. It seems those have been snapped up.
I can send you a couple. I don't need them, tinker away :)

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:59 am

Small update. I have worn this strap for two days. The hardware feels cheap, but it is a cheaply priced strap. The hardware is starting to stain or discolor. It does feel secure, but for some reason or another I do not like it.

I really don't like this material either. It is different than the standard parachute style but I am not a fan of them either.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:40 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:59 am
Small update. I have worn this strap for two days. The hardware feels cheap, but it is a cheaply priced strap. The hardware is starting to stain or discolor. It does feel secure, but for some reason or another I do not like it.

I really don't like this material either. It is different than the standard parachute style but I am not a fan of them either.
Yes, mine stained too. I was in the ocean a lot with it, but I am pretty careful about rinsing with fresh water afterwards. I think the hardware was just a lower grade of stainless.

I think your opinion is in alignment with mine. It isn't an expensive strap, so you kinda get what you get.

My Shogun has found a new home on the Crafter Blue rubber and I don't see me moving it back onto the Watch Steward elastic any time soon.

Blaine
Name: Blaine

Post by Blaine » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Joeprez wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:39 am
Looks very good, but hate the name on the buckle. Does it wear like a "pass-through" nato strap?
No just around the spring bars.In this pic from MarkND it is on the right.

He says it is completely US Made. :salute: I guess it is a good strap if you are just looking for another strap without the extra security.
Erika of Erika’s Originals will make a pass through strap at no additional cost. I really like her straps. Looking to get one for my CWC. Her buckle too is really nice with a lot of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:32 pm

Blaine wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Joeprez wrote:
Looks very good, but hate the name on the buckle. Does it wear like a "pass-through" nato strap?

He says it is completely US Made. :salute: I guess it is a good strap if you are just looking for another strap without the extra security.
Erika of Erika’s Originals will make a pass through strap at no additional cost. I really like her straps. Looking to get one for my CWC. Her buckle too is really nice with a lot of options.

I have had two of hers. I like them, I just didn't like them enough to keep them. So I gave them away.

I had her first offerings, the buckle looked like it was hammer out of a bra clasp. :mrgreen:

Blaine
Name: Blaine

Post by Blaine » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Blaine wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Joeprez wrote:

I have had two of hers. I like them, I just didn't like them enough to keep them. So I gave them away.

I had her first offerings, the buckle looked like it was hammer out of a bra clasp. :mrgreen:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Blaine wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:07 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Blaine wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Joeprez wrote:

Her new ones do look more improved though. They just didn't do it for me.

para13cord

Post by para13cord » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:33 pm

Ill bump this old thread up. Ive been wearing mine for about a month. Overall its not up to par with the Erika's originals but its a decent strap on its own. I do like being able to have no material under the watch and find it pretty comfy, but its not quite as soft material wise as Erika's. I think if they rounded off the hardware it would make a pretty big improvement since the corners are so sharp. The hook is smaller and doesn't engage as much either but I haven't had any issues with it coming undone. The stitching holding the strap together should be beefed up in my opinion too. I don't want to sound too negative, its a nice strap but could use a little refinement in my opinion.

5661nicholas
Name: nick

Post by 5661nicholas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm

I had read about these, and people seemed to either live, or hate them. When the 20mm black became available, I figured I would give one a shot. Took me a minute to setup, have no idea if this is the "right" way or not, but I have to say, it is one of the most comfortable straps I have ever worn. The material he used on the black and brown 20mm models is different than it looks on the 22's. If you are basing trials off those alone, I would really suggest trying one with this material. Certainly nowhere near as easy to swap straps like its nato brethren, but has some merits as it reduces the height on the wrist, and is INCREDIBLY comfortable. Mine has been on the wrist non stop since it came in last Friday and I have never felt the need to adjust it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:21 pm

That Damasko is a great looking watch.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm

I have the 22mm brown one and it lasted on wrist for about an hour. That thing is in my junk drawer with the rest of them.

5661nicholas
Name: nick

Post by 5661nicholas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 pm

CGSshorty wrote:That Damasko is a great looking watch.
Gracias, it far exceeded the expectations I had for it. Which is extremely rare for me. Can't recommend it enough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:25 am

Yuck. I’ll stick with Erika.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen