ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:04 am

Last edited by ericf4 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3633
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by mikeylacroix » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am

I definitely prefer this to the yellow version

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 13935
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by JDC222 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:23 am

Classy! Not for you.... ;)
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am

Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
Is that a feature?

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 am

ericf4 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
Is that a feature?
No. The feature is the leaky crown, the benefit is the flooded case.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am

toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Yes, recently. The IWC was some time ago.

Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 am

i was curious about my new AT as neither pusher is screw down but the crown is. Was just serviced by IWC so i assume the seals etc are all brand new. Im a bit gun-shy of getting any watch in the water without screw down pushers.


Image

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am

ericf4 wrote:i was curious about my new AT as neither pusher is screw down but the crown is. Was just serviced by IWC so i assume the seals etc are all brand new. Im a bit gun-shy of getting any watch in the water without screw down pushers.


Image
For showers, car washing, and pool/beach duty your IWC will be fine. They do replace the seals and crown gaskets during service if done at IWC. Don’t operate the chrono when it’s wet and all is good. Most dives don’t go very deep anyway.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:47 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:45 am
ericf4 wrote:i was curious about my new AT as neither pusher is screw down but the crown is. Was just serviced by IWC so i assume the seals etc are all brand new. Im a bit gun-shy of getting any watch in the water without screw down pushers.


Image
For showers, car washing, and pool/beach duty your IWC will be fine. They do replace the seals and crown gaskets during service if done at IWC. Don’t operate the chrono when it’s wet and all is good. Most dives don’t go very deep anyway.
Good deal Hoppy thx. Yeah it was done at IWC right before i bought it.

User avatar
PGERRITY
Posts: 2867
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:16 pm
Name: Pat
Location: PA

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by PGERRITY » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:25 pm

I’ve always loved that one


Sent from your mom’s house.

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by dinexus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:25 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 am
i was curious about my new AT as neither pusher is screw down but the crown is. Was just serviced by IWC so i assume the seals etc are all brand new. Im a bit gun-shy of getting any watch in the water without screw down pushers.
Dunno if it's added peace of mind, and granted, I never tested this theory as I never got the watch wet, but all of IWC's chronographs – including yours – can be operated underwater to the full depth rating. :cheers:

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by dinexus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:29 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.
Wait, when/where was it stated that they upgraded the seals? 'Dink never published an edit or update to the original story...

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am

dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.
Wait, when/where was it stated that they upgraded the seals? 'Dink never published an edit or update to the original story...
It wasn’t released publicly, likely to save questions and embarrassment.

My AD told me and I confirmed with two other JLC Boutiques and the customer service number.

Apparently JLC called back all unsold stock very early on to do an “update” on a seal. My AD thought it the crown seal and two other boutiques said case-back gasket. Customer service confirmed it was the crown seal. They claim the original was perfectly fine but they developed an “improvement” (yea, sure). For those that were already sold, JLC offered an additional year of factory warranty (for the inconvenience) to owners who sent theirs in for the update. Mine had been done already as my AD had sent all stock back. A yellow sticker on case-back was the indicator of the update being done.

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by dinexus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 am

Well shit, that’s super interesting. News of its improved reliability puts it back in the running for me, just didn’t realize this had already happened.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

dinexus wrote:Well shit, that’s super interesting. News of its improved reliability puts it back in the running for me, just didn’t realize this had already happened.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First; sorry Eric for taking this off topic.

Full disclosure; mine had the update but I noticed a smudge under crystal so she’s back to be made perfect. I still love it.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.
Wait, when/where was it stated that they upgraded the seals? 'Dink never published an edit or update to the original story...
It wasn’t released publicly, likely to save questions and embarrassment.

My AD told me and I confirmed with two other JLC Boutiques and the customer service number.

Apparently JLC called back all unsold stock very early on to do an “update” on a seal. My AD thought it the crown seal and two other boutiques said case-back gasket. Customer service confirmed it was the crown seal. They claim the original was perfectly fine but they developed an “improvement” (yea, sure). For those that were already sold, JLC offered an additional year of factory warranty (for the inconvenience) to owners who sent theirs in for the update. Mine had been done already as my AD had sent all stock back. A yellow sticker on case-back was the indicator of the update being done.
Damn that is foolish of IWC (JLC) to NOT publish that publicly or have Jason update the article. Considering the failure is on one of the biggest watch sites on the net saying it fails. Instant sales loss imo.

And we all know Jason/Adam are part of the IWC boys. :salute:
Last edited by toxicavenger on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:56 am

JLC not IWC on the article. ;-)

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:58 am

Back on IWC topic; I’ll search for Jason’s post but here’s another...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/when-s ... 258-2.html

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:07 am

dinexus wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:25 am
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:43 am
i was curious about my new AT as neither pusher is screw down but the crown is. Was just serviced by IWC so i assume the seals etc are all brand new. Im a bit gun-shy of getting any watch in the water without screw down pushers.
Dunno if it's added peace of mind, and granted, I never tested this theory as I never got the watch wet, but all of IWC's chronographs – including yours – can be operated underwater to the full depth rating. :cheers:
LOL aint no way im gonna be the test monkey! :)

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am

Which monkey will you be?

Image

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:16 am

the one with the dry IWC

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 am

ericf4 wrote:the one with the dry IWC

:clap: :salute:

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13969
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 am

looks like seller has sale pending....any of you guys?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ikkoku, Marjak, Ricky C, substitute and 15 guests