58

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5437
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

58

Post by dnslater » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 am

Arrived in today from the UK. First impressions are that it is perfect and wears super comfortably on the wrist. Love the size on my 7 1/4" wrists. Wears slightly smaller than the Speedy that I was wearing today. Gold accents on bezel are just fine. Might be more blingy on a larger watch, but given the small size, matte bezel and dial they give it a very nice vintage flair. Caseback is dead flat so it wears very low on the wrist.

Planning to wear it as my "one watch" for awhile so will update. My collection is fairly minimal, and I plan to wear the hell out of this watch for the near future.

Comparisons below to the Speedy Pro because that is what I had on at work when package arrived.

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by dnslater on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 7248
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: Dr Jay
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: 58

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:10 am

That looks great, congratulations!
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: 58

Post by jswing » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:12 am

Looks great congrats! I'm anxious to get one.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: 58

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 am

Congrats! Beautiful watch

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14457
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: 58

Post by ericf4 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:22 am

oh snap!

User avatar
Erratic101
Posts: 2213
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am
Name: Justyn

Re: 58

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 am

Looks amazing!!! As a 1 watch, no date would be a killer for me though.

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5437
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: 58

Post by dnslater » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

Erratic101 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 am
Looks amazing!!! As a 1 watch, no date would be a killer for me though.
I was always fanatical about having date watches, but then daily wore a Speedy for a year and it was freeing. Now I have trained myself to remember the date in the morning.

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: 58

Post by jswing » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:11 am

dnslater wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am
Erratic101 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 am
Looks amazing!!! As a 1 watch, no date would be a killer for me though.
I was always fanatical about having date watches, but then daily wore a Speedy for a year and it was freeing. Now I have trained myself to remember the date in the morning.
I've heard of date fanatics actually using the Speedy's 30 minute counter as a way of keeping track of the date, allowing the counter to advance one minute each day. I've always preferred no date for the dial symmetry, but I admit I've gotten used to having the date on my Seiko.

unsub073
Posts: 2052
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:26 am
Name: chris
Location: Florida

Re: 58

Post by unsub073 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 am

Congrat's on the new watch. It looks really good.

jlswatch
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:32 am
Name: John Schneider

Re: 58

Post by jlswatch » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am

Love this one

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk


User avatar
Ruggs
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 pm
Name: Andrew
Location: San Francisco

Re: 58

Post by Ruggs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 am

That looks great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
mellonb1
Posts: 3530
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 pm
Name: Brian
Location: Texas

Re: 58

Post by mellonb1 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:52 am

Congrats! Looks Hot

User avatar
Erratic101
Posts: 2213
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am
Name: Justyn

Re: 58

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 am

dnslater wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:25 am
Looks amazing!!! As a 1 watch, no date would be a killer for me though.
I was always fanatical about having date watches, but then daily wore a Speedy for a year and it was freeing. Now I have trained myself to remember the date in the morning.
Ya, working night shift makes it tricky. After midnight you’re like is it still today, or is it tomorrow, or was that yesterday? Image🤯

User avatar
Erratic101
Posts: 2213
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am
Name: Justyn

58

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 am

Dp
Last edited by Erratic101 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rain_maker
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:55 pm
Name: Fred
Location: NW of Boston

Re: 58

Post by rain_maker » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:05 am

That looks sweet ...

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30935
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: 58

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:15 am

:fro:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30935
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: 58

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:15 am

:fro:

User avatar
substitute
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 10:56 am

Re: 58

Post by substitute » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 am

Side profile looks so good.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4467
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: 58

Post by Seppia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:28 am

What a fantastic watch.
Now please Tudor make this in GMT.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: 58

Post by Joeprez » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:40 am

Congrats Nick!

The side profile looks nice, love the crystal! The gold is very subtle, honestly I would find it boring without it (the red triangle is also a nice touch). The comparison shots with the Speedy are very helpful, the dive bezel makes it look smaller, which is nice in my book. Can't wait to see pictures of it in one of your natos. Should also look nice in a "vintage style" leather strap with minimal stitching. Solid caseback?

And besides all that, the power reserve on that movement is sweet, I'm definitely grabbing one.

Congrats again!
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
hollywoodphil
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:41 am

Re: 58

Post by hollywoodphil » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:03 am

Noice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25340
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: 58

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:11 am

Joeprez wrote:Congrats Nick!

The side profile looks nice, love the crystal! The gold is very subtle, honestly I would find it boring without it (the red triangle is also a nice touch). The comparison shots with the Speedy are very helpful, the dive bezel makes it look smaller, which is nice in my book. Can't wait to see pictures of it in one of your natos. Should also look nice in a "vintage style" leather strap with minimal stitching. Solid caseback?

And besides all that, the power reserve on that movement is sweet, I'm definitely grabbing one.

Congrats again!
It also looks smaller because the Watch IS smaller Image by a good bit too
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10380
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: 58

Post by Joeprez » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:11 am
Joeprez wrote:Congrats Nick!

The side profile looks nice, love the crystal! The gold is very subtle, honestly I would find it boring without it (the red triangle is also a nice touch). The comparison shots with the Speedy are very helpful, the dive bezel makes it look smaller, which is nice in my book. Can't wait to see pictures of it in one of your natos. Should also look nice in a "vintage style" leather strap with minimal stitching. Solid caseback?

And besides all that, the power reserve on that movement is sweet, I'm definitely grabbing one.

Congrats again!
It also looks smaller because the Watch IS smaller Image by a good bit too
LOL True :doh: , meant to say "smaller than it is".
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 25340
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: 58

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 am

Congrats Image i was dead set on a standard B.B., either GMT or S&G, in the future. But I am liking this more and more. Love how it looks on your wrist.

When I tried it at the Tudor event, it was on the Tudor leather and was underwhelmed plus the GMT kinda took the spotlight that day and i was rushing.
I really want to try it on steel. It’s hot and has great proportions. Wish they did a 40-41 case with that same profile/thickness and no crazy space between strap and case like the regular B.B. which can only be a bracelet watch for me because of that. :)

Really like it, it’ll be a great daily wearer. Enjoy it ImageImage
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5437
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: 58

Post by dnslater » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:34 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:17 am
Congrats Image i was dead set on a standard B.B., either GMT or S&G, in the future. But I am liking this more and more. Love how it looks on your wrist.

When I tried it at the Tudor event, it was on the Tudor leather and was underwhelmed plus the GMT kinda took the spotlight that day and i was rushing.
I really want to try it on steel. It’s hot and has great proportions. Wish they did a 40-41 case with that same profile/thickness and no crazy space between strap and case like the regular B.B. which can only be a bracelet watch for me because of that. :)

Really like it, it’ll be a great daily wearer. Enjoy it ImageImage
I think it wears more like a 40mm because the black bezel insert diameter is almost the full width of the watch while watches like the Rolex Sub have a bit more metal on the outside of the bezel, so the inserts are probably similar in size.

Lug to Lug nearly matches my Speedy. Remember that the Speedy Pro has a bezel just a hair over 39 with 42mm being the case width including the integrated crown guards. Speedy definitely wears a tad larger, especially since it wears much taller on the wrist due to the protruding caseback. 58 hugs the wrist.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1954Selmer, Abmw, Bing [Bot], BlueSky, ChuckW, DaveT, Denizen, Google [Bot], matt.wu, mattcantwin, substitute, TSD and 43 guests