despite what the watch industry says is trendy, does anyone actually own/like two-tone?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Re: despite what the watch industry says is trendy, does anyone actually own/like two-tone?

Post by JBZ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:46 am

I think the pre-ceramic two tone Rolex Sub in blue is a beautiful watch. I have a good friend who's had one for years and I never get tired of seeing it. I find the ceramic version a bit too blingy for my taste, but I feel the same way about the stainless version.

I'm not sold on the Tudor S&G from the pictures, but I have yet to see one IRL, so I'll reserve judgment.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Re: despite what the watch industry says is trendy, does anyone actually own/like two-tone?

Post by Steve O. » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:42 am

Had a two-tone/blue dial Invicta Pro back in the day that was so blingy and cheesy, it was actually fun to wear. :oops:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:48 am

One of my first watches was a two tone Navitimer, and I really liked it. It was on leather, so at least it wasn't on a blingy bracelet. I've also had a couple Golden Tunas. None of them lasted long though. In general I'm not a big fan of two tone, but there are several in this thread I like.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:48 am

I like it, though I’ve never actually bought a two tone.

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am

One that I really regret selling.. I'd definitely rock it if I still had it..

Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Post by Mr_Pacman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:55 am

This is my daily beater. Wear it to work with suits, weekends with jeans and t-shirts and my 3 month old son usually pukes on it at least once a day.

It works on a strap. Might be a bit too blingy if it was on a steel/18k bracelet.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:33 am

jtbenson wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:44 am
two-tone and all yellow gold dominate at our local country club :grin:
i dig rose gold more than yellow gold, and while not two-tone, i yearn to "lease" the yachtmaster with the murdered out bezel on rubber someday...

Yellow gold feels crass for some reason, but couldn't agree more about the YM on rubber. That thing is straight-up sex.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Not for the most part, but I am talking to a guy with a Tudor gold/SS Black Bay (not on the bracelet, which is too much for me) - I guess this one slipped by me as I'm just seeing in recently and quite like it.

On a more affordable level, I might pick up one of the new Orient Tritons in this configuration, just because...

Send lawyers, guns and money...

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:01 am

I missed my 1675 Pepsi and the prices have gone too high to find a replacement. I picked up a matte dial root beer which is two-tone for a nice price, added a TT jubilee and have enjoyed wearing it. It is the only Rolex I have owned that my wife has liked and asked to borrow.

PS: It goes back into the safe each night that she wears it. I haven't seen the Precista Italian or a Brew watch since she started wearing them.
Regards
Barry

1954Selmer
Name: RC

Post by 1954Selmer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 am

Not for me.. The BB58 is an example of the maximum amount of gold tone/gilt.

Steelman
Name: Ron

Post by Steelman » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:14 pm

I've realized that I quite enjoy 2 tone watch heads (like the Golden Tunas and Omega Seamaster examples above).

What I dislike - for sure - is 2 tone bracelets.

That 2 tone Tudor looks great on the black NATO but I don't care for it on the two tone bracelet