Better Than Expected Beater

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
namor
Name: Seth

Better Than Expected Beater

Post by namor » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm

Took this in on a trade, and find myself unexpectedly impressed. This Luminox has an all steel case and bezel, black pvd coated, with the standard quartz movement. It is about 44mm, and feels very solid in the hand and on the wrist. The bezel action is smooth and precise 60 click with zero slack on it. Screw down knurled crown, flat sapphire crystal, tritium gas tube lume, 22mm lugs, and date at 3. Best of all, it does not say “Navy SEALs” anywhere on it! The hands and numbers are haze grey, and it says ‘ authorized for Navy use’ but is otherwise pleasantly without any faux references. With a street price on the mid $200s, it’s a very decent alternative to a TSAR or similar diver.
67E5D427-C59F-4336-A4BD-F03508873857.jpeg
C72C3977-D23A-43FE-910D-BD0537F57FAA.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Better Than Expected Beater

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:20 pm

I like it - almost bought one but ended up with a traser instead on that deal.

I like the fact that the ANU has a steel case; so tired of the plastic case pieces selling these days
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:49 pm

very nice
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 pm

Oh dang, didn't know this had an SS case – have slept on one of these on more than one occasion. The chronograph has been calling my name.

namor
Name: Seth

Post by namor » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:19 am

deepcdvr wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:20 pm
I like it - almost bought one but ended up with a traser instead on that deal.

I like the fact that the ANU has a steel case; so tired of the plastic case pieces selling these days
My feelings too. Hate the plastic. This watch is really solid, feels more like a poor mans U1 than anything I’ve previously seen from Luminox
www.usmcscoutsniper.org - Life Member
“Qualified to deport with denizens of the deep, mermaids, and other inhabitants of the realm of Neptune.”

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 am

dinexus wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:50 pm
Oh dang, didn't know this had an SS case – have slept on one of these on more than one occasion. The chronograph has been calling my name.

I’ve had a zillion luminox watches and they are basically cheap quartz watches but I like the tubes ;)

I just wish they 1) wouldn’t tie themselves to NSW and 2) wouldn’t put the huge luminox logo on the dial :raised:
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:53 am

Looks just awesome Seth, and sounds like it ticks all of the boxes, but then adds in that
terrific stainless steel case to kick things up another few levels !!! :salute: So so cool ! 8-) 8-)
Love the case-back here too by the way, and how clear the details are. ..Big congrats !!!