Red Bar Denver GTG

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Went to the 2nd Red Bar Denver GTG tonight and saw some of the same crowd as the other Denver group but about 1/2 were new people too.

This was my favorite of the night and just pulled ahead of the RG YM as my retirement watch.
Image

Also got to try on my first 15202
Image

Nick and I talked quite a bit about the differences between the 15202 and 15400. The 15202 is much much lighter. Almost feels like Ti. We were comparing them did by side when we noticed that not only is the case thinner, the bracelet is a lot thinner too. 15202 on top.
Image

An early Glashütte
Image

James had a nice Nodus with a 21,600 bph Seiko movement
Image

And Art, who’s a watchmaker at Hyde Parke, had some sweet watches with him too
Image

Image

Image
Last edited by BacoNoir on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27382
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:53 pm

Damn. Hot stuff!

It's fun to throw a AP Diver on bracelet in the side-by-side comparison of Royal Oaks (15202 and 15400). The watch gets proportionally bigger in all the ways you mention between the 15202 and 15400 also.
:htfu:

User avatar
RALAustin
Posts: 3430
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:52 pm
Name: Rob

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by RALAustin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 pm

Great pics and event. The smurf is one that makes me smile every time I wear it!

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 pm

RALAustin wrote:Great pics and event. The smurf is one that makes me smile every time I wear it!
Yeah it is drop dead gorgeous. Will need a second job, an unexpected inheritance, or a collection consolidation to buy one though.
Image

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by TSD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm
This was my favorite of the night and just pulled ahead of the RG YM as my retirement watch.
Image
El Guapo :salute:

User avatar
aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Posts: 7193
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:50 am
Name: Dr Jay
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by aikiman44 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Nice pics!
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

User avatar
Nellipj
Posts: 4920
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 am
Name: Patrick
Location: Frankfort, IL

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by Nellipj » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:08 am

Hot damn! Now that’s a line up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30471
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:16 am

Nice watches.

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22355
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by jimyritz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:34 am

Looked like a cool event- love that Rolex...

User avatar
1954Selmer
Posts: 2905
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 pm
Name: arce

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by 1954Selmer » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:55 am

Looks like a great time

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 15143
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:10 am

Outstanding! Heavy metal goings on!

smellody
Posts: 1802
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm
Name: Christopher

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by smellody » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:36 am

Nice stuff!

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by Joeprez » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 am

Very nice gents.
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
gr8sw
Posts: 2903
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 pm
Name: Wun Dum Phuk
Location: under a palm tree

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by gr8sw » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 am

hot stuff, great pix! what a killer Patek! :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
bpax
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:37 am
Name: Bill
Location: Fort Worth, Texas

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by bpax » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:02 am

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am

TSD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 pm
This was my favorite of the night and just pulled ahead of the RG YM as my retirement watch.
Image
El Guapo :salute:
Yeah, I'm thinking about flipping my PAM 422 and AP 15400 to get one. PAM's out for service and I'd send the AP in too to get top $$$. Going to call my AD this afternoon and see what he can sell if to me for and if the PAM 422 / 15400 will fund it, it'll require some serious thought.

EDIT: Called and it'd require me flipping the AP 15400 and the BLNR, which is too high a price for me to pay WRT collection consolidation. Gonna pass for now, but it's on my radar if a big bonus comes in or I hit the lotto! :headbang:
Image

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1275
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by TSD » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am
TSD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

El Guapo :salute:
Yeah, I'm thinking about flipping my PAM 422 and AP 15400 to get one. PAM's out for service and I'd send the AP in too to get top $$$. Going to call my AD this afternoon and see what he can sell if to me for and if the PAM 422 / 15400 will fund it, it'll require some serious thought.
I was literally just looking at one at a local AD. Tried on a PM SkyDweller also, which didn't even come close.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 pm

TSD wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am
TSD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

El Guapo :salute:
Yeah, I'm thinking about flipping my PAM 422 and AP 15400 to get one. PAM's out for service and I'd send the AP in too to get top $$$. Going to call my AD this afternoon and see what he can sell if to me for and if the PAM 422 / 15400 will fund it, it'll require some serious thought.
I was literally just looking at one at a local AD. Tried on a PM SkyDweller also, which didn't even come close.
Yeah, the Smurf blew me away. I'll find a way to get one before I retire for sure.
Image

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 9917
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by deepcdvr » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:05 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:35 pm
TSD wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:27 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:34 am
TSD wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:29 pm

El Guapo :salute:
Yeah, I'm thinking about flipping my PAM 422 and AP 15400 to get one. PAM's out for service and I'd send the AP in too to get top $$$. Going to call my AD this afternoon and see what he can sell if to me for and if the PAM 422 / 15400 will fund it, it'll require some serious thought.
I was literally just looking at one at a local AD. Tried on a PM SkyDweller also, which didn't even come close.
Yeah, the Smurf blew me away. I'll find a way to get one before I retire for sure.
Get it now and retire later :mrgreen:

‘merica!
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Hot damn! Some killer pieces.

So you got an invite to it? I heard a few guys got put on the Redbar list but they aren't invited yet.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm

toxicavenger wrote:Hot damn! Some killer pieces.

So you got an invite to it? I heard a few guys got put on the Redbar list but they aren't invited yet.
I think they have an email list and the RSVPs are first come first serve until they fill up and then wait list. I was asked by email to confirm attendance about a week before.

There was no checkin or anything so not sure how they could ID party crashers.
Image

User avatar
Erratic101
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 am
Name: Justyn

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by Erratic101 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:42 am

I was going to say this was a gtg that I could’ve actually made, but heard nothing about. Email list explains it.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:51 am

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Hot damn! Some killer pieces.

So you got an invite to it? I heard a few guys got put on the Redbar list but they aren't invited yet.
I think they have an email list and the RSVPs are first come first serve until they fill up and then wait list. I was asked by email to confirm attendance about a week before.

There was no checkin or anything so not sure how they could ID party crashers.
Oh okay, Jeff said he signed up but they didn't pick him to attend the last one. He said that they might rotate the list because of how many people might show up.

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 am

toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Hot damn! Some killer pieces.

So you got an invite to it? I heard a few guys got put on the Redbar list but they aren't invited yet.
I think they have an email list and the RSVPs are first come first serve until they fill up and then wait list. I was asked by email to confirm attendance about a week before.

There was no checkin or anything so not sure how they could ID party crashers.
Oh okay, Jeff said he signed up but they didn't pick him to attend the last one. He said that they might rotate the list because of how many people might show up.
That could be true. Not sure how they are doing it.
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41104
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Red Bar Denver GTG

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:14 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 am
toxicavenger wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:11 pm
toxicavenger wrote:Hot damn! Some killer pieces.

So you got an invite to it? I heard a few guys got put on the Redbar list but they aren't invited yet.
I think they have an email list and the RSVPs are first come first serve until they fill up and then wait list. I was asked by email to confirm attendance about a week before.

There was no checkin or anything so not sure how they could ID party crashers.
Oh okay, Jeff said he signed up but they didn't pick him to attend the last one. He said that they might rotate the list because of how many people might show up.
That could be true. Not sure how they are doing it.
I think it is due to limited space.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ikkoku, Marjak, Ricky C, substitute and 15 guests