WRUW 12 June 18

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
RALAustin
Name: Rob

Re: WRUW 12 June 18

Post by RALAustin » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Switch up!

So my fairly lofty hopes for the BP Mil-Spec were dashed in large part due to the friction pins that made it impossible for me to remove the OEM sailcloth strap myself, and then the sailcloth strap was too short for my not exactly huge +/- 7.3 inch wrist -- so basically a double whammy on an otherwise awesome watch. For what it is worth, if the Mil-Spec was about 1mm to 1.5mm wider and the 20mm drilled lugs took shoulderless spring bars more easily, it would likely have turned out to be one of my absolute favorites because the dial, thickness, etc... were all spot on.

In any event, given the price of the Mil-Spec, I decided to cut bait and switch gears to the SD43 and I found a trade, which arrived today. I had traded the DSSD D-Blue to get the Mil-Spec in large part because while I absolutely love the look and concept of the D-Blue, it was never really comfortable to wear in whatever strap options I used for it, and I ended up cycling through about 5 different straps every month or two looking for a comfort and look combo that just never came (it was most comfortable on the RubberB made for glidelock, but the really wide look at the lugs and then huge taper to the glidelock was always a little off for me).

Anyway, the SD 43 is here! Other than the cyclops, I was excited by everything I had read and seen on the SD43 since it came out. While I still would greatly prefer the domed, no cyclops crystal of the D-Blue (and honestly the D-Blue dial), the size is much, much better than the D-Blue whether for work or play. It has only been a couple of hours, but comfort on the bracelet is very good. It is definitely heavier and thicker than a SubC, but I can see me wearing it to work on the bracelet without needing to take it off mid-day to give my wrist a rest, BUT what I am most excited about is the 22mm lugs and strap options, especially when RubberB and Everest get their act together and do a strap for the glidelock.

Ultimately, I could see myself with both the SD43 and the new model D-Blue with 22 lugs at some point depending on the Everest or RubberB options that come out, but for now I will enjoy this one!

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm

RALAustin wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm
Switch up!

So my fairly lofty hopes for the BP Mil-Spec were dashed in large part due to the friction pins that made it impossible for me to remove the OEM sailcloth strap myself, and then the sailcloth strap was too short for my not exactly huge +/- 7.3 inch wrist -- so basically a double whammy on an otherwise awesome watch. For what it is worth, if the Mil-Spec was about 1mm to 1.5mm wider and the 20mm drilled lugs took shoulderless spring bars more easily, it would likely have turned out to be one of my absolute favorites because the dial, thickness, etc... were all spot on.

In any event, given the price of the Mil-Spec, I decided to cut bait and switch gears to the SD43 and I found a trade, which arrived today. I had traded the DSSD D-Blue to get the Mil-Spec in large part because while I absolutely love the look and concept of the D-Blue, it was never really comfortable to wear in whatever strap options I used for it, and I ended up cycling through about 5 different straps every month or two looking for a comfort and look combo that just never came (it was most comfortable on the RubberB made for glidelock, but the really wide look at the lugs and then huge taper to the glidelock was always a little off for me).

Anyway, the SD 43 is here! Other than the cyclops, I was excited by everything I had read and seen on the SD43 since it came out. While I still would greatly prefer the domed, no cyclops crystal of the D-Blue (and honestly the D-Blue dial), the size is much, much better than the D-Blue whether for work or play. It has only been a couple of hours, but comfort on the bracelet is very good. It is definitely heavier and thicker than a SubC, but I can see me wearing it to work on the bracelet without needing to take it off mid-day to give my wrist a rest, BUT what I am most excited about is the 22mm lugs and strap options, especially when RubberB and Everest get their act together and do a strap for the glidelock.

Ultimately, I could see myself with both the SD43 and the new model D-Blue with 22 lugs at some point depending on the Everest or RubberB options that come out, but for now I will enjoy this one!

That looks perfect on your wrist! Congratulations!
Regards,

Mark

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:00 pm

just in :thumbsup:

SM300'57.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

baowens
Name: Blaine

Post by baowens » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batt14
Name: Pete

Post by Batt14 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:53 pm

-Pete

baowens
Name: Blaine

Post by baowens » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm

smellody wrote:Image
Great watch!!!

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Scurfa tonight

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:51 pm

Scurfa tonight

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

smellody
Name: Christopher

Post by smellody » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:10 pm

baowens wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:58 pm
smellody wrote:Image
Great watch!!!

Thank you!

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:24 pm

RALAustin wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm
I will enjoy this one!

Yes! :clap: :clap: :clap:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:49 pm

gwells wrote:Wasn’t able to make the parade, but I’m rocking my Caps gear today anyway and feeling fierce!

Apparently “Caps” has an alternate meaning.....?

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:01 pm

That’s “bears”