Re: Incoming - Going Outside My Comfort Zone for Comfort

Post by 1954Selmer » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:50 pm

--- I love it

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:43 pm

I went through a similar thing when I bought my IWC Mark XV. At 38mm it was the smallest watch in my collection. At first I questioned whether or not it was too small for me, but after wearing it for a couple of days the thought never crossed my mind again. I love the watch and wear it often and am now considering other watches in the 38-39mm range.

I think it may just take a little recalibration of your brain before you realize that it actually looks just fine.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:52 am

38mm with a big dial =\= 38mm diver

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 am

I am glad smaller size watches are making a great come back. To me alarm clock size watches have all ways looked funny why I got more into vintage I tried to follow the leader with the larger new watches I saw on the forums years ago and they just did not look right I felt like BOZO the clown with a watch to large for my wrist what good is a watch you can't put your shirt sleeve over. Now if younger and just getting into this hobby and now since new watches are coming back to earth being a normal size I mite have more newer watches in the collection. And congrats nice watch and great size and it looks like it's the right size on your wrist and you don't have to follow the leader wear what you want. To me a watch that's larger than your wrist is just stupid.
Last edited by River Rat on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:30 am

My grandfather fought in WW2 wearing a 33mm Watch which I now own. I just placed a deposit on a new 39mm diver without hesitation. I think the bezel on the classic Rolex sub measures 39mm while the case is 40mm.

Love the 38mm Blancpain.

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:38 am

I like the look of the smaller version more than the larger in this case. Less blank space on the dial maybe.

Your pictures make me realize I need a sub on a black nato. Holy smokes, that looks great.