Glashutte launch today

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
pbj204
Posts: 1161
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:47 am
Name: Paul
Location: New York

Glashutte launch today

Post by pbj204 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 am

Image

Looks like a limited edition chrono. Sunray grey, blue accents, and faux patina lume. Glashutte is usually great with design, so odds are it'll look great.

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29755
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 am

Let’s hope the whole is as good as the partial photos they’ve released so far.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 29755
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:20 am

Let’s hope the whole is as good as the partial photos they’ve released so far.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13494
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am

My turn off with GO is how poorly they hold their value compared to some other makers.
Even AD can't give them away at 35% off.

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 14560
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 am

looks like the hour counter is at 12, wonder what they will have at 6?
Man's Not Hot

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by andy tims » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am
My turn off with GO is how poorly they hold their value compared to some other makers.
Even AD can't give them away at 35% off.
If you can point me in the direction of a white dial, pink or rose gold cased Panoreserve @ 35% off, I'd much appreciate it.
Andy

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am
My turn off with GO is how poorly they hold their value compared to some other makers.
Your loss ;)

Image

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by Denizen » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am

There's something about many of the GO watches in their case lines - 'the austere German sensibilities', very hard to describe...which other brands like JLC, Blancpain, etc don't struggle with. At least that's my opinion.

They are undisputed masters when it comes to doing everything in-house and they do a great job with finishing and engineering, etc.

It's the intangible side - the charm, the allure, the magic of their timepieces which they need to work on.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 26953
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by matt.wu » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am

It kinda just looks like a slightly different version of the Senator Chronograph with the horrible blue lume.

Image
:htfu:

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am
It kinda just looks like a slightly different version of the Senator Chronograph with the horrible blue lume.

Image
Let's hope not, that one was awful.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13494
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 am

andy tims wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:52 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am
My turn off with GO is how poorly they hold their value compared to some other makers.
Even AD can't give them away at 35% off.
If you can point me in the direction of a white dial, pink or rose gold cased Panoreserve @ 35% off, I'd much appreciate it.
PM me

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am

Denizen wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am
There's something about many of the GO watches in their case lines - 'the austere German sensibilities', very hard to describe...which other brands like JLC, Blancpain, etc don't struggle with. At least that's my opinion.

They are undisputed masters when it comes to doing everything in-house and they do a great job with finishing and engineering, etc.

It's the intangible side - the charm, the allure, the magic of their timepieces which they need to work on.
Totally agree. Too thick and in your face for a genuine dress watch. Very pretty, just a bit too much.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:31 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 am
Denizen wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am
There's something about many of the GO watches in their case lines - 'the austere German sensibilities', very hard to describe...which other brands like JLC, Blancpain, etc don't struggle with. At least that's my opinion.

They are undisputed masters when it comes to doing everything in-house and they do a great job with finishing and engineering, etc.

It's the intangible side - the charm, the allure, the magic of their timepieces which they need to work on.
Too thick and in your face for a genuine dress watch.
It depends on the model. The Senator Sixties is pretty slim and definitely has charm and allure IMHO.

Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am

You're right. I like the big date models, which are pretty beefy.

To be fair a lot of the ALS models are exactly the same. It's pretty clearly a German thing.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am
You're right. I like the big date models, which are pretty beefy.
True, you pay about a 3mm penalty in thickness with the big date. The Senator Sixties big date is about 12mm thick, the no-date model is about 9mm.

User avatar
hoppes-no9
Posts: 1991
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 am
Name: Dan
Location: Maryland

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by hoppes-no9 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 am
My turn off with GO is how poorly they hold their value compared to some other makers.
Even AD can't give them away at 35% off.
That's why you buy used. Some amazing deals out there.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 pm

What's a GO service like? I'm wondering about time and cost.


User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:02 pm

Yuck.

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 4665
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by Chocodove » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:06 pm

Image
- Todd

User avatar
andy tims
Posts: 1785
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Name: Andy Tims
Location: UK

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by andy tims » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm

I like the case and the hand set.
Andy

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9035
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by logan2z » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Yuck.
+1 much ado about nothing.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 12686
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by ericf4 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:00 pm

i don't like it....at all....

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14249
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:10 pm

Obviously, being able to design a watch that doesn't look terrible is harder than one would imagine.

User avatar
dukerules
Posts: 13549
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Glashutte launch today

Post by dukerules » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm

No bueno

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Axelay2003, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], mfxr and 12 guests