President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Who needs Fricker?

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:58 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:00 pm
Watchout2018 wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:40 am
Fricker doesnt make the cases entirely either. They design and then create machinable drawings. Out source stamped blanks in many cases and then do some of the finish machining, drilling of the lugs, engraving of bezels, chamfering, fluting, then the cases goto another company for the final surface finish and or coating. Crowns, crown tubes, lug bars, crystals, gaskets, bezel retaining springs, bezel click springs are all out sourced. Then all comes back to fricker to be assembled into a complete case only or a complete watch head with dial hands and movement Depending on the customers requirements. I am not knocking them just explaining how to works. A lot of companies today have the same manufacturing model. Making a good quality watchcase is not quite as easy as some have speculated here. It’s also not the most complicated by far.
This makes sense and explains the WCT Seal clones. It also explains why most Fricker watches I've owned have had crown issues. I recall the Fricker guy (can't recall his name, but Platts uses him) saying the designs were done by Fricker, but the manufacturing happened in China.
Roland Kemmener