I love when...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
outtatime
Name: Jon

I love when...

Post by outtatime » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:40 am

at least 1-2 PM's per week on WUS from 0-post people asking 'pls do you still have <some watch that I sold probably in 2013 that's marked as sold>'? Yes, I occasionally forget to update a thread, but I've had people PM me recently for stuff that's literally 5 years ago.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: I love when...

Post by Chocodove » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 am

I get them even for shit that's clearly marked sold :shrug:
- Todd

Morethan1
Frequent bumper of posts
Name: Alex

Post by Morethan1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:47 am

Yup. Happens all the time.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 am

i got 3 this week asking if a current listing is still available....then goes to crickets......
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:03 am

ericf4 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:52 am
i got 3 this week asking if a current listing is still available....then goes to crickets......
If it's something that old and it's a 0-post count person, I don't even bother responding.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am

i just sold to a 0 post person who literally joined that day...RED FLAGS but worked out great.. :)
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:00 pm

I get this from old postings on the Heuer forum.. ie. a model I advertised at £1500, 6 years ago, that happens to be worth £7k now..
..and the email reads "Do you still have it for sale, and are you open to offers" :lol:
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:24 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:06 am
i just sold to a 0 post person who literally joined that day...RED FLAGS but worked out great.. :)
I somewhat did the same for a businessman who worked overseas but frequented NYC enough to have his own concierge mailbox which he insisted I vet in the process. His post count was <10 but his join date was 5 years prior, which gave me a slight warm and fuzzy that he fell into the enthusiast-lurker category, and I justified his post count based on him being a deep-pocket businessman too busy to really get overly involved by posting. It worked out great and he was ecstatic to arrive to a SBGE001. Good sale all around.

But in the last four years, aside from the typical inquiry months later on a FS post I never edited, I routinely don't respond to WUS PMs even in the event the watch listing is still fresh but recently sold unbeknownst to the latest inquirer, because I'm a dick on WUS and hate dealing with WUS outside of when it can ultimately benefit me. :shrug:

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

WUS FS forums are tough - between the zero posters, scammers, low-ballers, million-questioners, tire kickers, picture collectors, “I’ll buy it!” then dissaperers.. (is that a word?), it’ll drive you nuts.

That said, you gotta deal with it. I posted my Resco there today and in an hour it had 98 views... haven’t sold it yet - and have already had to deal with people trying to unload their 33mm rose gold whateverthefucks, but they have the customers like nobody else.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

straps68
Name: Michael

Post by straps68 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:39 am

I recently refused to sell a 0 post WUS user who joined that month. He said he had lots of posts on other forums but he felt it would be too much hassle to prove that to me. So I asked him to pay G&S and I would ship to the PayPal registered address - he said he's an American living in Switzerland, so that was no go. So I said he can pay by bank transfer - he said no. So I said goodbye.
straps68

My strap blog: https://straps68.blogspot.com/

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 am

straps68 wrote:I recently refused to sell a 0 post WUS user who joined that month. He said he had lots of posts on other forums but he felt it would be too much hassle to prove that to me. So I asked him to pay G&S and I would ship to the PayPal registered address - he said he's an American living in Switzerland, so that was no go. So I said he can pay by bank transfer - he said no. So I said goodbye.
Then how dafuq was he supposed to pay u? Fairy dust??

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:36 am

I just sold my Kobold Seal there for mostly what I wanted for it. Love WUS sales corner, yeah there are some that can be pains in the ass, but for the most part I have never had any issues with actual buyers.

I think buyers have a right to be nervous, there are plenty of cases of "good trusted" sellers screwing over people, so I don't blame their concern.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:58 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 am
straps68 wrote:I recently refused to sell a 0 post WUS user who joined that month. He said he had lots of posts on other forums but he felt it would be too much hassle to prove that to me. So I asked him to pay G&S and I would ship to the PayPal registered address - he said he's an American living in Switzerland, so that was no go. So I said he can pay by bank transfer - he said no. So I said goodbye.
Then how dafuq was he supposed to pay u? Fairy dust??
Exactly, WTF. Who are you anyway?