River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Kobold article on Time Zone

Post by River Rat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:50 am

Steve O. wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:41 am
Seppia wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:56 pm
This is a recent exchange on a WUS thread regarding their latest "effort".
It is very explicative of MKII recent way of doing business.

Who the hell waits one, two or eight freakin' years for a watch (or anything) that they'e put money down on? I read these comments about MKII watches and wonder what makes them so special that people do this. Guess I just don't get it.
8 years and no watch WTF and people still keep giving this chump money as a deposite for a watch that mite never come. If I am buying a watch from you and you don't have the watch made yet you don't get any money from me I am not a dump ASS remember this forum members do not give a deposit for a watch not built yet or your a dumd ass and a fool I see all kinds of boutique watch co do this I never put a deposit on a watch in my whole life. They can go under in a hartbeat and out of business and your 50% deposit flushed down the toilet there what I call fly by night watch co here today gone tomorrow it's like gambling on getting a watch you got better odds in Vegas reminds me of a pyramid scheme were after they get your money they spend your money on other thing besides making a watch for you it's better than welfare for them and tax free.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 am

Has anyone spoken or reached out to Kev about Kobold? Isn't he an "Ambassador"?

DON
Name: Ontario

Post by DON » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Nobody seem to notice that it was posted a little over 24 hrs after The GM William Massena was taking a bit of flack for some of his usual foolish comments

Calling out a member for his comment (calling it an attack) by attacking that member and that his calling Kobold a tool company (which is fine in a previous post and which someone reposted in that post), but also calling people who bought watches tools which is another one of his usual insults to forum members.

The company advertised in magazines, had ambassadors and even had write ups. How many people would be doing background checks on companies like that before buying a watch, so to call them tools is nothing but an insult.

That Kobold post was nothing more than a diversion/deflection to draw people away for the other post and try to push it off the front page

Nobody was talking about Kobold, posting a flurry of watches or asking about the company, so why bother with the post?

As mention. Jumping in to save her boss

DON

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:23 am

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:33 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:23 am
Definitely. I had to read it three times, as it's nearly impossible to parse, but I was left with the same impression.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:07 am

DON wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm
Nobody seem to notice that it was posted a little over 24 hrs after The GM William Massena was taking a bit of flack for some of his usual foolish comments

Calling out a member for his comment (calling it an attack) by attacking that member and that his calling Kobold a tool company (which is fine in a previous post and which someone reposted in that post), but also calling people who bought watches tools which is another one of his usual insults to forum members.

The company advertised in magazines, had ambassadors and even had write ups. How many people would be doing background checks on companies like that before buying a watch, so to call them tools is nothing but an insult.

That Kobold post was nothing more than a diversion/deflection to draw people away for the other post and try to push it off the front page

Nobody was talking about Kobold, posting a flurry of watches or asking about the company, so why bother with the post?

As mention. Jumping in to save her boss

DON
They're all tools over there. Especially the guy that moderates the vintage forum.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:12 am

DON wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 pm

DON
This is an impressive sentence construct.

SoCal C4S
Name: RJ

Post by SoCal C4S » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:28 am

My inner Grammarian cried out in pain.
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 am

Angry watch nerds turned moderators are the adult version of hall monitors.

Of course, not our rock star moderators. :cheers:

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 am

fastward wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:21 am
Angry watch nerds turned moderators are the adult version of hall monitors.
Similar personalities are often found on condo boards and homeowners associations. They're TITS (tyrants in training).