SIHH 2018

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am

SIHH is starting on Monday Jan 15th so I figured it's time for speculations, leaks and announcements thread
Lots of brands that have been DWC favorites for years are going to be presented including ALS, AP, IWC, JLC, Panerai and others
If you see something you like leaked or announced post it up.

First teaser is from JLC posted on IG, finally what looks like a well overdue sports/dive type watch from them, enough with the dress watches JLC :)

Image

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22209
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by jimyritz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am

Looking forward to the JLC but scared what the price will be..Looks like crown locking mechanism is gone.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 am

jimyritz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am
Looks like crown locking mechanism is gone.
I'm not sad to see it go. If that was a feature of a less "cool" brand, it would be rather unpopular I think.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 am
jimyritz wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:40 am
Looks like crown locking mechanism is gone.
I'm not sad to see it go. If that was a feature of a less "cool" brand, it would be rather unpopular I think.
The mechanism doesn't bother me as much as the crowns which are made of plastic on some models and prone to wear and scuffs as any soft plastic would.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 am

Some street signs in preparation for the event, shot by Alkiro

JLC definitely has a couple up their sleeves

Image

Some more

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am

Impressive that VC managed to make their genta watch even less attractive.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27102
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am
Impressive that VC managed to make their genta watch even less attractive.
I agree that I really don't like that one.
:htfu:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27102
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am
SIHH is starting on Monday Jan 15th so I figured it's time for speculations, leaks and announcements thread
Lots of brands that have been DWC favorites for years are going to be presented including ALS, AP, IWC, JLC, Panerai and others
If you see something you like leaked or announced post it up.

First teaser is from JLC posted on IG, finally what looks like a well overdue sports/dive type watch from them, enough with the dress watches JLC :)

Image
Looks like the Polaris, but that's already been reissued. Also looks like a black (ceramic?) case.
:htfu:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:36 am

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 am
Impressive that VC managed to make their genta watch even less attractive.
I agree that I really don't like that one.
Inside the VC design studio:
You know what this watch needs? One, yes ONE, Daytona pusher- that's really going to get us over the "man that sucks compared to a Nautilus or APRO hump!"

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am

matt.wu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am
SIHH is starting on Monday Jan 15th so I figured it's time for speculations, leaks and announcements thread
Lots of brands that have been DWC favorites for years are going to be presented including ALS, AP, IWC, JLC, Panerai and others
If you see something you like leaked or announced post it up.

First teaser is from JLC posted on IG, finally what looks like a well overdue sports/dive type watch from them, enough with the dress watches JLC :)

Image
Looks like the Polaris, but that's already been reissued. Also looks like a black (ceramic?) case.
Agreed. Hopefully a little more something-something than just a ceramic Polaris, JLC needs a new range of divers since NSA/NSD are 2009(?)

R@cerx
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:51 am
Name: David

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by R@cerx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 am

Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am
matt.wu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am
SIHH is starting on Monday Jan 15th so I figured it's time for speculations, leaks and announcements thread
Lots of brands that have been DWC favorites for years are going to be presented including ALS, AP, IWC, JLC, Panerai and others
If you see something you like leaked or announced post it up.

First teaser is from JLC posted on IG, finally what looks like a well overdue sports/dive type watch from them, enough with the dress watches JLC :)

Image
Looks like the Polaris, but that's already been reissued. Also looks like a black (ceramic?) case.
Agreed. Hopefully a little more something-something than just a ceramic Polaris, JLC needs a new range of divers since NSA/NSD are 2009(?)
And hopefully something that’s not an LE, so it would be sort of affordable.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:08 am

Agreed.

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am

It's not a ceramic case, and it's a big collection with a wide range of prices. What's not being shown above is just how large the collection really is.

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 am

R@cerx wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am
matt.wu wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 am
Panerai7 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am
SIHH is starting on Monday Jan 15th so I figured it's time for speculations, leaks and announcements thread
Lots of brands that have been DWC favorites for years are going to be presented including ALS, AP, IWC, JLC, Panerai and others
If you see something you like leaked or announced post it up.

First teaser is from JLC posted on IG, finally what looks like a well overdue sports/dive type watch from them, enough with the dress watches JLC :)

Image
Looks like the Polaris, but that's already been reissued. Also looks like a black (ceramic?) case.
Agreed. Hopefully a little more something-something than just a ceramic Polaris, JLC needs a new range of divers since NSA/NSD are 2009(?)
And hopefully something that’s not an LE, so it would be sort of affordable.
One of 'em is an LE, the rest of the collection (ie: the Explorer-killer) should be pretty widely available.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

Got pics? Post up ;)

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm

A JLC explorer killer? :scratch:

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 13923
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm
A JLC explorer killer? :scratch:
I don't know about explorer killer but and updated alarm diver would be nice

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm
A JLC explorer killer? :scratch:
I haven't seen the price yet (wasn't in our presser), but if I were the Explorer I, I'd be very worried in a few days.

Also, c'mon, pics would ruin the fun. I'm sure somebody else'll leak it first.

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:31 pm

Good stuff hopefully is on the horizon.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:36 pm

dinexus wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 pm
A JLC explorer killer? :scratch:
I haven't seen the price yet (wasn't in our presser), but if I were the Explorer I, I'd be very worried in a few days.

Also, c'mon, pics would ruin the fun. I'm sure somebody else'll leak it first.
JLC needs to release a sports watch that sells well and doesn't look dated in five years before they start killing anything - don't forget the amazing richemont service that comes with it!

Seriously, even at equal cost, JLC is going to struggle to challenge Rolex. Richemont brands are some of the worst managed in the industry.

Me, I'm waiting for zenith to release their Sub killer.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27102
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Forget Explorer killers; I want more of this!

Image
:htfu:

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14719
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Hublot killer!

I'm just kidding. What's a service cost on that? I'm sure expensive.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 9890
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Joeprez » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm

New NSA and ND, thats what needs to happen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Rolex / Sinn / Oris / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
dinexus
Posts: 596
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:22 pm
Name: Zach

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by dinexus » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:06 pm

Personally, I was hoping for something that'd compete more closely in the 'luxury sportwatch' category that seems to be largely dominated by AP and Patek. JLC might not have it this year.

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 4988
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: SIHH 2018

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm

Sinn might pull another winner this year.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apnk, Ferret, Joeprez, Majestic-12 [Bot], mariod, tyd450 and 22 guests