Re: WRUW 10 Jan 18

Post by Diver9306 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:47 am

dial.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 am

AtomicTom wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 am
Still staying with this Ruhla here today everybody...

Another really nice Ruhla Tom. Looks great on that NATO.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:50 am

Steve O. wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 am
AtomicTom wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:33 am
Still staying with this Ruhla here today everybody...

Another really nice Ruhla Tom. Looks great on that NATO.

love it, its like a space ship from a 60's flying saucer movie!
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 am

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

watches503
Name: Luis

Post by watches503 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:19 pm

DEMO wrote:Image
So much to love right here !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:38 pm

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:53 pm

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Dedalus
Professor J
Name: Jared

Post by Dedalus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:35 pm

DEMO wrote:Image
Love the grey Image
Last edited by Dedalus on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dedalus
Professor J

Post by Dedalus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:36 pm

demer03 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:13 am
Batt14 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:39 am
demer03 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 am
Damn, that is fine!
Thx Pete...came all original.

:excited: :fro:

Dedalus
Professor J

Post by Dedalus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

I just wish it had sand lume.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm

This, on ToxicN8O, along with the horrible screen saver at FOXNEWS D.C bureau. Heading over to the Killers concert at Anthem, anyone else going?

Utah get me two!

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

streetracer101 wrote:I just wish it had sand lume.

Did you really get one?? Thoughts?

I’ve said it before, but I was impressed with them at Wind Up.
- Todd

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes. I got one pre-owned at a price I could justify. I'll admit that I was a huge detractor, but much of that was due to the overzealous initial price offering.
First impressions are good. The bezel is very well done. It is definitely Tudor quality. Case finishing is on par with the big guys. I'd say it is has finishing as good as any Omega or Tudor I've owned. It is still not Rolex quality, but it is very well done. I am not a huge fan of fitted straps, but it works on this and this strap is extremely soft and pliable. They nailed the formula for their rubber. I really want to try it on isofrane, but apparently this one has 20mm lugs, so I'll need to source one before I can try it out.
There are still some nit picks. I think the hr hand is too short, I don't love the bezel font, and I'm not sold on the crown shape regardless how well it functions. It is a nice value in the low $1000 range. $1500 is pushing it, but I do think it is better than just about any other $1500 watch I've owned (including MM300). $2000+ is still too much imo, but price is always a subjective affair and I am cheap :lol: .
Personally, I think they'd be better off dropping the uber fancy movement and tossing in a Seletta whilst reducing the price further. At a $1800-1900 price on bracelet they'd be a very good value proposition, but I am still not sold on the $2k plus retail price.
I'll snag some photos this weekend if the NE weather decides to not suck for a little.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Yes. I got one pre-owned at a price I could justify. I'll admit that I was a huge detractor, but much of that was due to the overzealous initial price offering.
First impressions are good. The bezel is very well done. It is definitely Tudor quality. Case finishing is on par with the big guys. I'd say it is has finishing as good as any Omega or Tudor I've owned. It is still not Rolex quality, but it is very well done. I am not a huge fan of fitted straps, but it works on this and this strap is extremely soft and pliable. They nailed the formula for their rubber. I really want to try it on isofrane, but apparently this one has 20mm lugs, so I'll need to source one before I can try it out.
There are still some nit picks. I think the hr hand is too short, I don't love the bezel font, and I'm not sold on the crown shape regardless how well it functions. It is a nice value in the low $1000 range. $1500 is pushing it, but I do think it is better than just about any other $1500 watch I've owned (including MM300). $2000+ is still too much imo, but price is always a subjective affair and I am cheap :lol: .
Personally, I think they'd be better off dropping the uber fancy movement and tossing in a Seletta whilst reducing the price further. At a $1800-1900 price on bracelet they'd be a very good value proposition, but I am still not sold on the $2k plus retail price.
I'll snag some photos this weekend if the NE weather decides to not suck for a little.
Cool. I agree. Drop a Selitta in it and price it around the Triumph and I’d be in as well.

Regardless, I’m curious to see what comes next from them. They put out a quality product that is relatively unique, but they need to figure out their pricing model. The Triumph was a step in the right direction.
- Todd

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

Cool. I agree. Drop a Selitta in it and price it around the Triumph and I’d be in as well.

Regardless, I’m curious to see what comes next from them. They put out a quality product that is relatively unique, but they need to figure out their pricing model. The Triumph was a step in the right direction.
I am actually tempted by the Triumph at MSRP. The blue dial is stunning in the pics I've seen. It very well could end up being a purchase for me this year.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm
Chocodove wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

I am actually tempted by the Triumph at MSRP. The blue dial is stunning in the pics I've seen. It very well could end up being a purchase for me this year.
They are indeed nice. Blue would be my choice as well.
- Todd

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

The triumph is original, quirky dial is love/hate I suppose. I am impressed by the pics I’ve seen. Makes me want to buy one. Worried about the size and would be more comfortable at 1100-1200 with all the preorder straps and all. I went with the the Farer late in 2017 as I hesitated because I’d been on the fence with the Farer for so long and had to try it, plus had heard great things in quality. But seems now everyone is raving about their Triumph and its superior quality. Gotta try one, size is still a concern for me.
So anyway I am meeting Justin from Monta for beers in a couple of weeks and look forward to checking out the Triumph in the metal. ImageImage the grey and blue dials look fantastic.
May be next Image
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:

The triumph is original, quirky dial is love/hate I suppose. I am impressed by the pics I’ve seen. Makes me want to buy one. Worried about the size and would be more comfortable at 1100-1200 with all the preorder straps and all. I went with the the Farer late in 2017 as I hesitated because I’d been on the fence with the Farer for so long and had to try it, plus had heard great things in quality. But seems now everyone is raving about their Triumph and its superior quality. Gotta try one, size is still a concern for me.
So anyway I am meeting Justin from Monta for beers in a couple of weeks and look forward to checking out the Triumph in the metal. ImageImage the grey and blue dials look fantastic.
May be next Image
If your wrist is under 7", I think it'll be fine. I was worried about the size of the new Hammy field watch (roughly the same as the Triumph) and I love it. It is actually refreshing to have a small-ish watch on the wrist. I wish the new EXP1 was 38-39mm.

Chocodove

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I wish the new EXP1 was 38-39mm.
The new Explorer I is 39mm. It's perfect.
- Todd

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 pm
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:27 pm

I wish the new EXP1 was 38-39mm.
The new Explorer I is 39mm. It's perfect.
Oh. For some reason I thought it was 40mm. I stand corrected. Now I need to see one in the flesh.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:25 pm

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)