hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW 4 Jan 18

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:36 pm

mellonb1 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:36 am
Thanks guys. It’s a one piece Perlon strap, made by Eulit. I believe Eulit is the original, but having tried many brands and sellers, I can say that Eulit is the highest quality. This one is called the “Kristall” model, but I plan to try the slightly thicker Panama. There is an even thicker still version called Palma, but I didn’t care for it as much.

A decent source is Holbens Fine Watch Bands.

With the ability to insert the pin anywhere along the strap, the Perlon always has a perfect fit.

That's a great looking setup, Hop. I just ordered a 20mm black panama from Holbens. Been going through them for several years. Excellent CS to boot.
Yes, they are great to deal with. No discounts and pricing is higher, but it’s the real deal Perlon and it’s nice. About $21 per strap. I wasted a bunch of money on cheap ones and learned my lesson.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:00 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 am
I love that! Is it a one piece strap?
I just realized that was a positive comment from JP. Fuck it, I’m buying a lotto ticket. Strange days.

:lol:
I comment positively about everything that doesn't suck! Does that feel like fabric or woven plastic? I think it would be great on my mark xv.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:09 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:41 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 am
I love that! Is it a one piece strap?
I just realized that was a positive comment from JP. Fuck it, I’m buying a lotto ticket. Strange days.

:lol:
I comment positively about everything that doesn't suck! Does that feel like fabric or woven plastic? I think it would be great on my mark xv.

It feels exactly like Perlon. ;-)

Not plasticity at all. Like a woven nato of sorts. Hard to describe, but closer to fabric.