Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
franco60
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by franco60 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:43 pm

Thanks. I just wear long sleeves for protection of my piece. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11225
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by fastward » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 pm

This is much better than the two screwdrivers and somewhere behind Monkey Rick.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:03 pm

I'm wrapping that bitch up like a mummy tomorrow with some stuff sent to me by another member!! Pics to follow. Let the experiment begin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
cdnwatchguy
Posts: 6346
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am
Name: Keith
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by cdnwatchguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm

franco60 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:56 am
I was making a tongue-in-cheek comment, so lighten up. So my comment drew more fire than the guys talking about the OP wearing panties while putting on nail polish and the dildo shit? You’re right, I don’t know you from Adam, nor do I know how much altruistic stuff you do. I just think it’s ridiculous when guys ask stuff like “can I wash my hands with my Rolex on”, and getting desk diving scuffs is in the same category IMO. I’m not assassinating character or trying to be Mother Teresa, I made a comment (which I thought the Zanax part was pretty funny). I didn’t infer you were selfish or a pussy, just a watch pussy. Point being, if you can dive with it, or wear it to Vietnam, you can type on your computer with it and that watch scuffs are pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. Not exactly warranting “go fuck yourself” and “noob” comments, but whatever.

Whoever wants to park their Ferrari in the garage are welcome to do so. I’ll keep diving with DJ (when not w my SD), letting my 16 yr old daughter wear my Day Date, running with scissors around the house, all kinds of watch mayhem!

I’m sure the funny comment would have been more acceptable had I added a “LOL” after it because you can say whatever the hell you like provided you end it with LOL. I didn’t imply anything about you personally OP. Let’s all make sure our panties aren’t too right lest we get a little tense. Lighten the hell up is my phrase of the day.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually I found your Zanax post the funniest in the thread so far. And yes the original post deserved a bit of a beat down. :salute:
cheers,

Keith

User avatar
cdnwatchguy
Posts: 6346
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:56 am
Name: Keith
Location: The Slaughtered Lamb

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by cdnwatchguy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:13 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm
I put clear scotch tape on my more expensive pieces (clasp only of course) as I’m hard on my watches and I only “rent” them for a short time anyway.

The tape is invisible and actually lasts a couple of weeks. It’s saved me a lot of work when flipping.
So.....the rest of us are just buyers of your rentals then? Shit, wish I had thought of that, you are way smarter than I am! :lol: (see...I put in a LOL)
cheers,

Keith

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:30 pm

cdnwatchguy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:13 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm
I put clear scotch tape on my more expensive pieces (clasp only of course) as I’m hard on my watches and I only “rent” them for a short time anyway.

The tape is invisible and actually lasts a couple of weeks. It’s saved me a lot of work when flipping.
So.....the rest of us are just buyers of your rentals then? Shit, wish I had thought of that, you are way smarter than I am! :lol: (see...I put in a LOL)
Ha.. yes, I just rent them... and I AM the smartest ;) Actually, I’ve lost money one every single rental :crybaby:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
Heuerville
Posts: 4671
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am
Name: Stewart
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Heuerville » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:14 pm

This thread still going?
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 10019
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 am
franco60 wrote:Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Sorry - not slamming OP here, just low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about fisting a homeless guy? That’s service, right? Like a twofer: helping him out but also putting wear on the watch. Very much a selfless act. Win win.


Utah get me two!
Hahahahha just read this and shot beer through my nostrils
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm

To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Denizen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:55 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
details?

This was a semi-interesting thread before it derailed.

User avatar
kfalk
Old Chub
Posts: 11126
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am
Name: Kelly

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by kfalk » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 pm

I beg to differ - the derailment is what made this interesting. :grin:
Image

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm

Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
details?

This was a semi-interesting thread before it derailed.
Dave sent me a sample of some automotive clear sheet protector that they install on the front ends of cars to protect from rock chips etc. It's easy to cut, super easy to apply and looks good enough that at arm's length I dont even notice it.

I literally took no time and did a half ass slap job and it looks great. I imagine that if I take a few moments next time it will look even better. So yes the derailment was funny as hell and in the end my problem was solved!!;;

Its called Premium Shield paint protection film (you can check it out at premium shield.com). It's thicker then screen protector film. Thx Dave!;

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk



User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Denizen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:48 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
details?

This was a semi-interesting thread before it derailed.
Dave sent me a sample of some automotive clear sheet protector that they install on the front ends of cars to protect from rock chips etc. It's easy to cut, super easy to apply and looks good enough that at arm's length I dont even notice it.

I literally took no time and did a half ass slap job and it looks great. I imagine that if I take a few moments next time it will look even better. So yes the derailment was funny as hell and in the end my problem was solved!!;;

Its called Premium Shield paint protection film (you can check it out at premium shield.com). It's thicker then screen protector film. Thx Dave!;

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ohh, it's a sheet protector. I thought maybe it was a clear coat of some sort.

I don't tape or cover anything on my watches. They do pick up scratches, etc as a result. It's part of everyday wear.

But the topic is an interesting one.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
details?

This was a semi-interesting thread before it derailed.
Dave sent me a sample of some automotive clear sheet protector that they install on the front ends of cars to protect from rock chips etc. It's easy to cut, super easy to apply and looks good enough that at arm's length I dont even notice it.

I literally took no time and did a half ass slap job and it looks great. I imagine that if I take a few moments next time it will look even better. So yes the derailment was funny as hell and in the end my problem was solved!!;;

Its called Premium Shield paint protection film (you can check it out at premium shield.com). It's thicker then screen protector film. Thx Dave!;

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ohh, it's a sheet protector. I thought maybe it was a clear coat of some sort.

I don't tape or cover anything on my watches. They do pick up scratches, etc as a result. It's part of everyday wear.

But the topic is an interesting one.
I don't cover any of mine either but wanted to try on the DJ41 only due to the high polish area on the clasp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Denizen » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:01 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm
Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:34 pm
Denizen wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:38 pm
To close the loop here I tried the automotive film that was sent to me and damn it worked great on the clasp. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
details?

This was a semi-interesting thread before it derailed.
Dave sent me a sample of some automotive clear sheet protector that they install on the front ends of cars to protect from rock chips etc. It's easy to cut, super easy to apply and looks good enough that at arm's length I dont even notice it.

I literally took no time and did a half ass slap job and it looks great. I imagine that if I take a few moments next time it will look even better. So yes the derailment was funny as hell and in the end my problem was solved!!;;

Its called Premium Shield paint protection film (you can check it out at premium shield.com). It's thicker then screen protector film. Thx Dave!;

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ohh, it's a sheet protector. I thought maybe it was a clear coat of some sort.

I don't tape or cover anything on my watches. They do pick up scratches, etc as a result. It's part of everyday wear.

But the topic is an interesting one.
I don't cover any of mine either but wanted to try on the DJ41 only due to the high polish area on the clasp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I think the clear nail polish is a reasonanle closest bet as far as a protective coat.

If anyone wants to try. ;)

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11225
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by fastward » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:11 pm

What about a sanitary napkin?






:gayumbrella:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am

fastward wrote:What about a sanitary napkin?






:gayumbrella:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The string gets in the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


paipanic
Founder and Owner of Halios Watches
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by paipanic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Hey Eric, if you Google "nano coating watch" you'll find a company that is marketing the stuff for watch and jewellery applications. Apparently it goes on liquid and has to "cure". The dude emailed me but I won't post the info because I have no clue how it performs, how it will interact over time with the metal, how skin reacts to it, how you'd remove it etc.

Personally I don't have an issue with scuffs, but the coating might be worth exploring for you if it's a big enough annoyance.
I don't see your name on the list.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:00 pm

thx, but frankly ive never cared on any piece, this was the only watch i thought about it.

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11225
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by fastward » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:02 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:03 am
fastward wrote:What about a sanitary napkin?






:gayumbrella:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The string gets in the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
:lol:

User avatar
t20569cald
Founder and Owner of Ægir Instruments
Posts: 2151
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 am
Location: Australia

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by t20569cald » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am
It always drives me a bit crazy when the clasps on my bracelets get desk rash from wearing them in everyday life. Many people see it as just part of watch ownership. I do not.....I like to keep them looking good.

Here is where is gets WUS-ish. I once read something about how people use clear fingernail polish on the clasps of their watches and somehow it seemingly keeps the clasps from getting all scratched up. I never tried this but curious if anyone here has? And, does it actually work? I was thinking about trying on my new DateJust41 to preserve especially the clasp center that is high polished. I wonder if in anyway it could screw up the finish etc. I assume you could remove it with nail polish remover whenever you wanted.

Anyone have any insight?

I fully expect the first replies to be Ed, Ben, JP and others with some response that Im a crossdresser, but after those maybe any real replies? :)
You know it does not have to be that way. You can pay some money to a company (and not a huge amount) to have it Kolsterised or some such thing like that. Should keep it looking new , if worn with care for years.
Image
Rome wasn't built in a day, but i wasn't on that job!


http://www.aegirinstruments.com

User avatar
demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Posts: 17010
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm
Name: Mike the Doxa Ho
Location: Lake Michigami

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by demer03 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 am

Weird fuckers....
#returntherattle

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11225
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by fastward » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:18 am

Image
Tactical and may help prevent pregnancies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5377
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by dnslater » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 pm

paipanic wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:58 pm
Hey Eric, if you Google "nano coating watch" you'll find a company that is marketing the stuff for watch and jewellery applications. Apparently it goes on liquid and has to "cure". The dude emailed me but I won't post the info because I have no clue how it performs, how it will interact over time with the metal, how skin reacts to it, how you'd remove it etc.

Personally I don't have an issue with scuffs, but the coating might be worth exploring for you if it's a big enough annoyance.
This makes me think you could simply spray apply an auto clear coat and let it cure. Acetone would probably remove it at flip time.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 14265
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:41 pm

can i use 2 screwdrivers to take it off?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chocodove, demer03, MDF, R_Ongjoco, raf42, rockmastermike, texaslandman, TSD and 16 guests