Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Panerai7
Name: Art

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:58 pm
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Watches get scratched. Only way to prevent it is not to wear them.

It is what it is. Watches scratch, jewelry scratches, cars get scratched, etc.

Don’t worry about them. No one will notice or say anything because their watches get scratched as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may have missed where i wrote "Many people see it as just part of watch ownership. I do not.....I like to keep them looking good. "

With that said, i was looking for any ways to avoid the scratches....Oh Don......

Didn’t miss it....oh Eric...

I like to keep things looking good as well.

The fact that I learned long ago is that it is frivolous. You can learn to let go and not let it bother you, or obsess about something you can not really control unless you just don’t wear them.
Nail polish rubs off pretty easily, and when it does it looks like plastic peeling off.
Zagg or other shields come off relatively easy on the clasp as well, because you are constantly rubbing it against a desk, computer, etc etc.

Zagg Wet Apply, doesn't peel like a regular screen protector

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Don’t worry about them. No one will notice or say anything because their watches get scratched as well.

You may have missed where i wrote "Many people see it as just part of watch ownership. I do not.....I like to keep them looking good. "

With that said, i was looking for any ways to avoid the scratches....Oh Don......

The fact that I learned long ago is that it is frivolous. You can learn to let go and not let it bother you, or obsess about something you can not really control unless you just don’t wear them.
Nail polish rubs off pretty easily, and when it does it looks like plastic peeling off.
Zagg or other shields come off relatively easy on the clasp as well, because you are constantly rubbing it against a desk, computer, etc etc.

Art, Million dollar question.....have you actually done this on a watch?
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm

ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Don how do you keep your pink toenail polish from coming off then? Any secrets?
I am trying to give actual advice, not being a dick at all, and I get childish insults.
Par for course I guess.

Anyways, hope you find something to prevent scratches on your watch.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:15 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

I am trying to give actual advice, not being a dick at all, and I get childish insults.
Par for course I guess.

Whoa princess, you are in the wrong place if that set you off.....I officially RETRACT any comment that could have been construed as an affront to your good character

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm

Learn to use a Cape Cod polishing cloth if it’s the high polished section or a fiberglass pen for the brushed portion.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm
Learn to use a Cape Cod polishing cloth if it’s the high polished section or a fiberglass pen for the brushed portion.
Yeah ive used them for years...likely the only long term solution.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:18 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Art, Million dollar question.....have you actually done this on a watch?
No because I don't wear bracelets, but i have done it on the backs of easily scratched smartphones and it held up nicely.

straps68
Name: Michael

Post by straps68 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 pm

There is virtually no chance of damaging stainless steel with nail polish or nail polish remover. Nail polish is made of polymers and solvents. Can't hurt stainless steel with cellulose, and the solvents evaporate very quickly. The most effective solvent used in nail polish remover is acetone. Here is what people who know steel very well have to say about it interacting with SS:

https://www.materials.sandvik/en/materi ... s/acetone/

If you want to be extra cautious you could practice on a less valuable item. As a final thought, nail polish will not stay undamaged for very long; a coating of nail gel would work better.

Let's see how many fun comments I get for this post ;)
straps68

My strap blog: https://straps68.blogspot.com/

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

I put clear scotch tape on my more expensive pieces (clasp only of course) as I’m hard on my watches and I only “rent” them for a short time anyway.

The tape is invisible and actually lasts a couple of weeks. It’s saved me a lot of work when flipping.
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:41 pm

ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Par for course I guess.

Whoa princess, you are in the wrong place if that set you off.....I officially RETRACT any comment that could have been construed as an affront to your good character

LOL !

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:47 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Par for course I guess.

LOL !

He’s offended because it’s common knowledge he doesn’t wear pink toenail polish. He’s always been a purple sparkle guy. You need to apologize.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:54 pm

straps68 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 pm
There is virtually no chance of damaging stainless steel with nail polish or nail polish remover. Nail polish is made of polymers and solvents. Can't hurt stainless steel with cellulose, and the solvents evaporate very quickly. The most effective solvent used in nail polish remover is acetone. Here is what people who know steel very well have to say about it interacting with SS:

https://www.materials.sandvik/en/materi ... s/acetone/

If you want to be extra cautious you could practice on a less valuable item. As a final thought, nail polish will not stay undamaged for very long; a coating of nail gel would work better.

Let's see how many fun comments I get for this post ;)

HOLY HELL here is the kinda answer i knew someone here would bring.....I used scotch tape for now. Til i say Fuck it.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Par for course I guess.

LOL !

He’s offended because it’s common knowledge he doesn’t wear pink toenail polish. He’s always been a purple sparkle guy. You need to apologize.
Wrong as well. It’s turquoise today. I’m trying to be like Danny.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm
I put clear scotch tape on my more expensive pieces (clasp only of course) as I’m hard on my watches and I only “rent” them for a short time anyway.

The tape is invisible and actually lasts a couple of weeks. It’s saved me a lot of work when flipping.
Thx Paul just did this.

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:01 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:

Par for course I guess.

LOL !

Wrong as well. It’s turquoise today. I’m trying to be like Danny.

Sexy bitch.

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:04 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Avoid resting your watch clasp on the desk!
Hmm, anybody know the dimensions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:10 pm

Seppia wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm
I think we can shut down the "gayest thread of 2018" competition already
nah just getting started im sure. the year is young. And i did warn you in the title so don't act like full disclosure was not made.

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm
You’re saying you’re NOT a crossdresser?

You could probably use thinner phone screen protector material and cut to fit, but clasp scuffs don’t bother me.
Tried this on my GMT IIc but it slipped off as soon as I put a shirt/jacket on and gave up... The newer Rolex polished clasps are brutal for this though.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:31 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm
deepcdvr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:39 pm

Thx Paul just did this.
Pic? Just curious how it looks/if it's visible.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:40 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

You could probably use thinner phone screen protector material and cut to fit, but clasp scuffs don’t bother me.
Tried this on my GMT IIc but it slipped off as soon as I put a shirt/jacket on and gave up... The newer Rolex polished clasps are brutal for this though.
This won’t be a problem since Eric cross dresses. Those sleeveless tops and dresses won’t interfere.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

This won’t be a problem since Eric cross dresses. Those sleeveless tops and dresses won’t interfere.
I wear a singlet to my mtgs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:20 pm

ericf4 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
hidden by leaves wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

I wear a singlet to my mtgs

OK, that’s a little :gayumbrella: ..... I don’t know what a “singlet” is.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:36 pm

A very WUS question. I'm embarrassed for you.
:htfu:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm

matt.wu wrote:A very WUS question. I'm embarrassed for you.
Don't be. It's ok.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

ImageImage