River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: "What is your best price?"

Post by River Rat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Steve O. wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm
River Rat wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:55 pm
When they have a price and or best offer. I will ask what's your best price why I don't want to give what the seller mite think is a low ball offer and insult the seller how are we to know as a buyer what your best price is we are not mind readers. To me as a seller it don't bother me if I put or best offer but if I put firm on the price then it mite piss me off. So just put firm on the price in the ad any one who puts or best offer deserve to be ask that just my two cents. The last watch I bought a Junghans Bund I ask the same question we were going back and forth for a little over a year on the deal when ever we came close I bought some thing else and had to pass due to lack of money but all ways told the seller that but I am no tire kicker and when we came to his best price and I had the money we did the deal. Remember there are flaky sellers and buyers that's the net for you.
You miss my point. The term "best price" is what is annoying. Why would my "best price" be one that's rock bottom and advantageous to you? As I said, I know that negotiating is an integral part of selling. I don't expect a potential buyer to be a mind reader. Make a reasonable offer and we'll go from there...
Let's say you have 800 or best offer I offer 650 but you really can maybe except 750 after it been sitting for month for sell and you need to sell why not cut out the chase and let me ask what's your best price you will except instead of beating around the bush and just say the lowest I will take is 750 ether he buys it or he don't. It cuts the back and forth if the offer to dam low a faster sell to. Maybe it don't get my goat I think the last watch I sold was a few years ago I am a packrat not a flipper. I mite ask what's you best offer is but it's the same thing as you best price really no difference.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 pm

River Rat wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
River Rat wrote:
When they have a price and or best offer. I will ask what's your best price why I don't want to give what the seller mite think is a low ball offer and insult the seller how are we to know as a buyer what your best price is we are not mind readers. To me as a seller it don't bother me if I put or best offer but if I put firm on the price then it mite piss me off. So just put firm on the price in the ad any one who puts or best offer deserve to be ask that just my two cents. The last watch I bought a Junghans Bund I ask the same question we were going back and forth for a little over a year on the deal when ever we came close I bought some thing else and had to pass due to lack of money but all ways told the seller that but I am no tire kicker and when we came to his best price and I had the money we did the deal. Remember there are flaky sellers and buyers that's the net for you.
You miss my point. The term "best price" is what is annoying. Why would my "best price" be one that's rock bottom and advantageous to you? As I said, I know that negotiating is an integral part of selling. I don't expect a potential buyer to be a mind reader. Make a reasonable offer and we'll go from there...
Let's say you have 800 or best offer I offer 650 but you really can maybe except 750 after it been sitting for month for sell and you need to sell why not cut out the chase and let me ask what's your best price you will except instead of beating around the bush and just say the lowest I will take is 750 ether he buys it or he don't. It cuts the back and forth if the offer to dam low a faster sell to. Maybe it don't get my goat I think the last watch I sold was a few years ago I am a packrat not a flipper. I mite ask what's you best offer is but it's the same thing as you best price really no difference.
First off, you are missing the point...
It’s not the offer that bothers him, it’s the terminology.

Second, fuck it is hard to read your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm

River Rat wrote:
Mike, I have a massive bag of punctuation marks.. what's your best price?
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm

I don’t think too much of it.
My price is always higher outside of DWC. I’m just happy to sell to a non scammer.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:35 pm

djh1201 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:34 pm
logan2z wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 am
You think selling a watch is a pain? Try selling a car. I've got a car for sale at the moment and every low-baller on the planet seems to have crawled out of the woodwork with a 'reasonable offer'. I almost came to an agreement with one buyer but he made the process so unpleasant that I finally told him to bug off. Life is too short to deal with this stuff, I'd rather just keep the car/watch/whatever it is.
Hear you on this, I've sold quite a few cars privately, but selling my Touareg this last Spring was painful. Not sure what has changed in the world, but I'm thinking about trying leasing...
The last two cars I sold privately was such a pain in the ass I wanted to blow my brains out afterwards. Hell everything I have sold on craigslist has been horrible. :banghead: I even state "this is my best price" and they still show up wanting to bargain. :crybaby:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Heuerville wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:08 pm
River Rat wrote:
:roll: :roll: :roll: this mtf'er

Heuerville

Post by Heuerville » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:41 pm

:1:
"SOB get me a drink"

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:07 pm

I've been fortunate so far with my limited selling that I haven't had bad experiences........yet. However I can understand the frustration here.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Re:

Post by Steve O. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:42 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:58 pm
River Rat wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
River Rat wrote:
First off, you are missing the point...
It’s not the offer that bothers him, it’s the terminology.

Second, fuck it is hard to read your posts.

Exactly. Thank you.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Heuerville wrote:
River Rat wrote:
:thumbsup:
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:33 pm

Heuerville wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Heck, I’ll buy that shit for him. What’s your PayPal?

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 am

Heuerville wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Most of you are college educated I was a high school drop out and joined the Navy and did 4 years active duty did get my high school diploma 10 years later after dropping out at one time the military did not care about writing they just wanted a body. And all the jobs I ever did was physical labor that did get me a retirement were writing and being on a computer was not a requirement so my writing skills are not the best. I get this kind of shit at most forums.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 am

River Rat wrote:
Most of you are college educated I was a high school drop out and joined the Navy and did 4 years active duty did get my high school diploma 10 years later after dropping out at one time the military did not care about writing they just wanted a body. And all the jobs I ever did was physical labor that did get me a retirement were writing and being on a computer was not a requirement so my writing skills are not the best. I get this kind of shit at most forums.
https://www.grammarly.com/m/ios

It is also available for windows computers and android phones.

It should help

Heuerville

Post by Heuerville » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:14 am

River Rat wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 am
Heuerville wrote:
River Rat wrote:
I'm only joking with you brother :salute: :cheers:
"SOB get me a drink"

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re:

Post by Chocodove » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:30 am

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:22 pm
I don’t think too much of it.
My price is always higher outside of DWC. I’m just happy to sell to a non scammer.

This is my attitude as well. If the offer is insulting, which many of them are, I just ignore it. DWC sales are so much better.
- Todd

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:50 am

This is what I imagine Mike’s typing class looked like.

If I knew how to make a meme I would’ve made one for Mike with a pic like this that says “Oh, it’s cute that you know what an ampersand is. Now hand me another belt.”

#ilikethewaymikewritesitletsmehearhisvoicewhenimreadingit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:20 am

River Rat wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:31 am
Heuerville wrote:
River Rat wrote:
Fuck it Mike. You're living the dream in MT. My dad can't write for shit. It's just the way it goes some times.

People cry about "best price", but it's just a mechanism to jump to the end of negotiation. If anything, it's more favorable to the seller since it signals that the buyer wants to buy but doesn't want to beat you up over every last penny. I guess a million back and forth emails getting down to your reserve price is preferable to some - not to me though.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 am

posted FS at $800.00. My best price would be $880.00 That would be best for me.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:52 am

justsellbrgs wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:32 am
posted FS at $800.00. My best price would be $880.00 That would be best for me.
brilliant.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re:

Post by River Rat » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:53 am

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:50 am

This is what I imagine Mike’s typing class looked like.

If I knew how to make a meme I would’ve made one for Mike with a pic like this that says “Oh, it’s cute that you know what an ampersand is. Now hand me another belt.”

#ilikethewaymikewritesitletsmehearhisvoicewhenimreadingit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Never know why the military got rid of the M-60 our unit got some special ones with a shorter barrel to make it as light as the SAW that took it's place but the M-60 had a bigger round for better stopping power and it jammed less.
My M-60 photo from my old unit a live fire trip to Camp Roberts.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:56 pm

So what is your best price?