Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41789
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 pm

So over the last year or so Kelly and I get our families together and meet up for breakfast to chat. It has been a blast, unfortunately it only happens once ever few months :crybaby: . Last time we all did breakfast together Kelly mention there was a small town (5 business in the whole town) that his grandpa/dad use to take him to for lunch at a little old saloon/burger joint. My wife and I got an idea to visit the saloon and see if was in business, and it was. So this weekend we got Kelly and his wife to meet us there for lunch. It was a really good burger and worth the drive :salute: . One extra bonus is I found a knife shop right next to it (on our early visit). It was a killer shop that had everything, I honestly was surprised on how nice it was. Luckily for us both of ours wives decided to buy us a knife while we were there as a early Christmas present. I was super stoked, not to mention my daughter loved the shop also. So it was a win-win for all of us.

Oh and two things, Kelly and tore up a country road in the V-8 Genesis. :mrgreen: And while leaving the saloon we saw a guy sporting a Rolex GMT root-beer. :thumbsup:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Mammoth bone knife
Image
Image
The new editions Kelly and I got.
Image
Image

This shop had great prices on top of it
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27607
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by matt.wu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Those knives look sweet.

And you went to a place Kelly's grandpa used to take him? Place probably cooks over a wood fire and specializes in dinosaur meat!

:mrgreen:
:htfu:

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27607
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by matt.wu » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

Those knives look sweet.

And you went to a place Kelly's grandpa used to take him? Place probably cooks over a wood fire and specializes in dinosaur meat!

:mrgreen:
:htfu:

User avatar
jimyritz
Masshole
Posts: 22466
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:48 am
Name: Mike
Location: Boston

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by jimyritz » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:56 am

Sounded like a great day-- I don't think I have ever been to a Saloon....

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by deepcdvr » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:52 am

Burgers, saloon, knives and family... Looks like a good day all around plus the dudes got early Christmas stuff.. :thumbsup:
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
fastward
Fast Eddie
Posts: 11240
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by fastward » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:54 am




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Posts: 5807
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:06 am
Name: Peter
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by Terpits » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 am

matt.wu wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Those knives look sweet.

And you went to a place Kelly's grandpa used to take him? Place probably cooks over a wood fire and specializes in dinosaur meat!

:mrgreen:
Kelly is so old, he watched Jurassic Park and it brought back memories of his childhood with his grandpa and their pet dinosor.

Kelly is so old, he saw the Colorado Rockies when they were still Colorado Hills.

Kelly is so old, he baby sat River Rat.
:rimshot:

User avatar
gr8sw
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 pm
Name: Pedro
Location: under a palm tree

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by gr8sw » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:18 am

looks like a helluva good day and helluva great knife shop! :thumbsup:
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 27607
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by matt.wu » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 am

Terpits wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 am
matt.wu wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Those knives look sweet.

And you went to a place Kelly's grandpa used to take him? Place probably cooks over a wood fire and specializes in dinosaur meat!

:mrgreen:
Kelly is so old, he watched Jurassic Park and it brought back memories of his childhood with his grandpa and their pet dinosor.

Kelly is so old, he saw the Colorado Rockies when they were still Colorado Hills.

Kelly is so old, he baby sat River Rat.
:lol:
:htfu:

User avatar
Nellipj
Posts: 5084
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 am
Name: Patrick
Location: Frankfort, IL

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by Nellipj » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:01 pm

Awesome, some nice stuff there :thumbsup:

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24279
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by BBK357 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:59 pm

I imagined a day with Kelly to be full nothing but butt-baby makin.

But that looks like fun too^^


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
DEMO
Posts: 4338
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: The Blue Planet

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by DEMO » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Very cool. Watches and knives, my two favorite hobbies.
Image

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5522
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by Chocodove » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Good stuff :thumbsup:
- Todd

User avatar
hoppes-no9
Posts: 2094
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:18 am
Name: Dan
Location: Maryland

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by hoppes-no9 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Sweet. Makes me miss the west.

User avatar
kfalk
Old Chub
Posts: 11161
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am
Name: Kelly

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by kfalk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:19 pm

Terry and fam are good people and a fun bunch to hang with. I look forward to the next one.
Image

User avatar
kfalk
Old Chub
Posts: 11161
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:50 am
Name: Kelly

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by kfalk » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:22 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:37 am
Terpits wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 am
matt.wu wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm
Those knives look sweet.

And you went to a place Kelly's grandpa used to take him? Place probably cooks over a wood fire and specializes in dinosaur meat!

:mrgreen:
Kelly is so old, he watched Jurassic Park and it brought back memories of his childhood with his grandpa and their pet dinosor.

Kelly is so old, he saw the Colorado Rockies when they were still Colorado Hills.

Kelly is so old, he baby sat River Rat.
:lol:
:lol: :bird:

I can still hang with you two and even Panini boy.

As long as I’m in bed by 10:00pm. :grin:
Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 24279
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by BBK357 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:31 pm

Kflak


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4308
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: Kelly (kflak), Mini-GTG

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:48 am

:hump: you 2 need to get a room
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests