Daily beater Tudor Hydronaut

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Daily beater Tudor Hydronaut

Post by Mr_Pacman » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm

I've spent the past few years selling off most of my watches and was able to break even on most of them. I lost on a few and made some profit on others.....I figure I'm even.

I did keep 3 Tudor watches as I knew if I sold them, I would regret it. I like the models from the late 90's to mid 2000's. I've got gold/steel Tiger chronograph on leather strap and a silver dial Hydronaut on a bracelet in near mint condition.

I've also got this Hydronaut with a blue mother of pearl dial that originally came on a bracelet but is now on a blue distressed leather strap from Colareb in Italy. This watch was used daily by it's previous owner and has quite a bit of wear/tear on it.

The dial changes colors in different light from a very light pale blue to a dark ocean blue color. There is also a bit of pink in there. The challenge was finding a 20mm x 16mm strap so I could utilize the Tudor deployant buckle. 20mm x 16mm is not easy to find but I prefer the 4mm taper as I find it more comfortable and also prefer the way it looks.

This gets worn daily by me (the other 2 Tudors are in the bank deposit box as I really don't wear them) with pants/blazer during the week and jeans/t-shirt on weekends.

This one is 13 years old and still keeps +4 seconds/day. The power reserve is lacking a bit and is around 30 hours.

Any thoughts on what a brown leather strap would look like? I'm not sure if it would work with the blue dial or not, but there are a lot more cool options out there in brown vs blue.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Re: Daily beater Tudor Hydronaut

Post by dinexus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Man, with all the Beckham/Gaga nonsense with Tudor, I almost miss the days of the Hydronaut. Hell, I even miss the Hydronaut 1200 at this point.

Rad dial on yours, OP.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:55 am

The blue strap looks great with the MOP dial, really like the combo.

The hands on the Hydro1200 are the ugliest hands I've ever seen on a watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 am

I like that - and great job finding the right strap for it