Selling fake branded watch straps is OK?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Re: Selling fake branded watch straps is OK?

Post by ChuckW » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

I've encountered Strapfreak on WF and I think he's a real douchenozzle. I'd be more than a little surprised if he was using authentic branded material to make his straps.
No, it's not Tourettes.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm

Marjak wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:19 pm
Some look better then others.... I would never where a strap like the one posted above and I also don't care at all for LV in general. But..I did make one some time ago when my wife found an old and damaged LV bag when cleaning out our closets in order to move into our new house. It was her idea and to be honest I quite like the result although I have only worn it for 2 days or so..
That does look cool. So that one gets a pass. :mrgreen:
straps68 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm
That is Gunny straps that makes if I am not mistaken.
So strapfreak is Gunny?
Definitely :cheers: He sells on TRF also

mac6671

Post by mac6671 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:19 pm

River Rat wrote:Boutique brand watch co make copies of BIG Brand watches and a lot here buy them so who cares about copies of straps :shrug:

To me there all crooks they steal the looks and put there own name on it.
they’re and then their. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:08 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Marjak wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:19 pm
Some look better then others.... I would never where a strap like the one posted above and I also don't care at all for LV in general. But..I did make one some time ago when my wife found an old and damaged LV bag when cleaning out our closets in order to move into our new house. It was her idea and to be honest I quite like the result although I have only worn it for 2 days or so..
That does look cool. So that one gets a pass. :mrgreen:

Thanks T.
straps68 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:07 pm
That is Gunny straps that makes if I am not mistaken.
So strapfreak is Gunny?
Definitely :cheers: He sells on TRF also
Both are in the same city (Surabaya) although I think Strapfreak is a different person.
- Mart -

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 am

Seppia wrote:Few people know this but LV got in business making bags and suitcases with recycled train seat leather.
Real humble beginnings.

My home town is where virtually all of the highest end silk comes from, and textiles are our thing.

My best friend has worked in quality control for 19 years, in different companies.

His main job is to supervise the process of application of chemicals that help the fabrics retain their colors, be soft, shiny, etc.
To give you an idea of the level of quality he has worked on, mainstream luxury brands such as Burberry, Emporio Armani and the likes are the lowest he deals with, and in pat companies he worked for they have a safe where they keep the most precious fabrics before and after treatments.
He treated stuff for the Pope, for sultans and all sorts of ultra wealthy.
Fabrics that can cost easily north of $30k per square meter (approx 10sqf).

So let's say he knows quality.

The brands he respects the most are Hermes and Lanvin (none of them do work in Italy, it's all made in France, so you know he's not being a homer).

He doesn't have a lot of respect for LV, Prada and Gucci.

Keep in mind I'm talking about textiles only, not leather.
Coach?

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:52 am
Seppia wrote:Few people know this but LV got in business making bags and suitcases with recycled train seat leather.
Real humble beginnings.

My home town is where virtually all of the highest end silk comes from, and textiles are our thing.

My best friend has worked in quality control for 19 years, in different companies.

His main job is to supervise the process of application of chemicals that help the fabrics retain their colors, be soft, shiny, etc.
To give you an idea of the level of quality he has worked on, mainstream luxury brands such as Burberry, Emporio Armani and the likes are the lowest he deals with, and in pat companies he worked for they have a safe where they keep the most precious fabrics before and after treatments.

The brands he respects the most are Hermes and Lanvin (none of them do work in Italy, it's all made in France, so you know he's not being a homer).

Coach?
More often than not, if you're not into something the brands that you know about are shit. Swaine Adeney Brigg and Glasser Designs make nice leather bags. Coach, LV, Prada, whatever are at best mediocre and overpriced.

It's akin to people thinking that a TAG is the greatest watch in the world because those are what they see and hear about.

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:32 am
mikeylacroix wrote:
Real humble beginnings.

Coach?
More often than not, if you're not into something the brands that you know about are shit. Swaine Adeney Brigg and Glasser Designs make nice leather bags. Coach, LV, Prada, whatever are at best mediocre and overpriced.

It's akin to people thinking that a TAG is the greatest watch in the world because those are what they see and hear about.
good to know. i read somewhere how coach used to have good pedigree but like florsheim has fallen off.
its quite popular here in Malaysia, I just don't find it remotely interesting

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
mikeylacroix wrote:
Real humble beginnings.

Coach?

good to know. i read somewhere how coach used to have good pedigree but like florsheim has fallen off.
Some of these brands will have a super high end line that's produced by a real maker. For instance, Prada's highest level men's suits are rather nicely made... by someone else. Everything else is mall quality shit.

Ralph Lauren, until recently, was one of the exceptions to this rule. Their Blue/Black/Purple lines were all respectably made and offered good value for money. I think they're all shit now, and incredibly overpriced.

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:20 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:59 am
mikeylacroix wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
mikeylacroix wrote:
Real humble beginnings.

Coach?

Some of these brands will have a super high end line that's produced by a real maker. For instance, Prada's highest level men's suits are rather nicely made... by someone else. Everything else is mall quality shit.

Ralph Lauren, until recently, was one of the exceptions to this rule. Their Blue/Black/Purple lines were all respectably made and offered good value for money. I think they're all shit now, and incredibly overpriced.
i think u'd enjoy this read (if u haven't already)
helped me scored some good eBay deals

https://parisiangentleman.co.uk/2014/04 ... s-edition/