New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14593
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by Panerai7 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 am

I often wonder how much this watch would be liked if it were a micro.
My guess it would ripped to shreds from the ratio of 38mm to the lug length of what looks like 55mn, to the color of the lume, to how crowded the dial is and how close the 24 hour track is to the other numerals. And it's so dumb like you can't add quickly 12 to the time and know that 11: 25 PM is 23:25, the whole world is doing it.
That crown is too big , sticking out too much, lug holes are drilled in a way where I bet there's a gap that Nomos would be proud of.
Not following the mass Hysteria , to be honest. And Im usually on board with DWC latest drool of the month, well except for that doxa obviously that had a dime size dial in bloated case.

User avatar
deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Posts: 10205
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:29 pm
Name: Paul

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by deepcdvr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:03 am

^^^ lol - tell us how you really feel, Art!
VR/
Paul

NEVER SETTLE!

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 6845
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:09 am


Panerai7 wrote:I often wonder how much this watch would be liked if it were a micro.
I've often wondered the same thing about a lot of well known brands I've read everyone raving over here that did nothing for me.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 15014
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 am

It definitely doesn’t stand up to comparison to the mark xv.

User avatar
smalls
Posts: 5045
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 am
Name: Matt
Location: South Carolina

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by smalls » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:57 am

Guys, we’re talking about a $400 watch and comparing it to an IWC. I think it’s fair that the Hamilton would lose that one. The Hamilton is still cheaper than most micros as well. If you take it for what it is, a redialed Khaki field mechanical with new hands and a different strap it’s a fun little watch. Will it stay in the collection forever, maybe not but you could do worse for 4 bills.

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 4494
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by Seppia » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 am

I think overall it’s a nice watch.
The lugs have a bad design though, and I never liked the fake aged lume.

This said, there are many many watches that cost twenty times as much that suck twenty times as much.

It’s ok to be forgiving when a watch is cheap.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5627
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by Torrid » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:48 am

Call me crazy but even how these re-releases usually grow on me, I’d still rather have the modern auto version.

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by Denizen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:24 pm

Seppia wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 am
I think overall it’s a nice watch.
The lugs have a bad design though, and I never liked the fake aged lume.

This said, there are many many watches that cost twenty times as much that suck twenty times as much.

It’s ok to be forgiving when a watch is cheap.
The fale aged lume is really the only criticism I have. And most any watch, priced low, mid, or high...can be picked apart if one is honest enough (and cares enough). There are plenty of 'forum favorites' which I don't care for and said little about. One man's treasure is another man's trash, right?!

It's what's great about this hobby of ours...we can all like different watches and still come together.

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9924
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by logan2z » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Denizen wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:24 pm
Seppia wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 am
I think overall it’s a nice watch.
The lugs have a bad design though, and I never liked the fake aged lume.

This said, there are many many watches that cost twenty times as much that suck twenty times as much.

It’s ok to be forgiving when a watch is cheap.
The fale aged lume is really the only criticism I have. And most any watch, priced low, mid, or high...can be picked apart if one is honest enough (and cares enough). There are plenty of 'forum favorites' which I don't care for and said little about. One man's treasure is another man's trash, right?!

It's what's great about this hobby of ours...we can all like different watches and still come together.
I think it's a cool watch at a great price and I really wanted to own it. My only criticism was that it felt small on my wrist. If it wore a little larger I'd have bought it on the spot.

User avatar
mvyadam
Masshole
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am
Name: Adam
Location: Martha's Vineyard, Ma.

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by mvyadam » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm

I didn't mind the "crowded" dial or the fake aged lume, it was maybe a mm or 2 too long in the lug to lug length to be a perfect fit for me, (and the stock strap looked good but sucked)..... I'll have to try more 38mm-ish pieces sometime
Image
Image

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9924
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by logan2z » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:31 pm

mvyadam wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm
and the stock strap looked good but sucked
+1 It seemed really cheap.

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1130
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by Denizen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:13 pm

logan2z wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:10 pm
Denizen wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:24 pm
Seppia wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:07 am
I think overall it’s a nice watch.
The lugs have a bad design though, and I never liked the fake aged lume.

This said, there are many many watches that cost twenty times as much that suck twenty times as much.

It’s ok to be forgiving when a watch is cheap.
The fale aged lume is really the only criticism I have. And most any watch, priced low, mid, or high...can be picked apart if one is honest enough (and cares enough). There are plenty of 'forum favorites' which I don't care for and said little about. One man's treasure is another man's trash, right?!

It's what's great about this hobby of ours...we can all like different watches and still come together.
I think it's a cool watch at a great price and I really wanted to own it. My only criticism was that it felt small on my wrist. If it wore a little larger I'd have bought it on the spot.
It didn't make the grade for you...happens sometimes.

Comme-ci, comme-ca. :cheers:

watchmenow
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:11 pm
Name: paul

Re: New Hamilton Khaki Field Reissue

Post by watchmenow » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

thats a great unpretencious quality watch. A friend of mine has just purchased one.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: para13cord and 65 guests