Paul Newman Live Stream 14 mill plus already!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Re: Paul Newman Live Stream 14 mill plus already!

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Heuerville wrote:Who knows!
I know that I, and most of you see shit like this, and are guilty as seeing it as utter frivolous dick swinging and a waste of $, but to be honest.. If I was a (1bn) billionaire, and my wealth was going up my 5% per annum for doing fuck all (that's approx 1 million a week), then I'd probably buy it, in the same way I might buy a g-shock or Seiko now.
Different rules I guess.

Nick - auction buyers premiums vary from auction house to auction house, but it's typically 20% with all costs added up.( This is based on regular priced watches, not multi-million stuff!!)
I was with a billionaire once (18B at the time) who impulse bought a jumbo jet for 40M - so he wouldn’t miss a meeting - and said “I’m gonna expense it and I’ll just sell it later”. He didn’t even bat an eye, just started walking up the steps.

I did another deal with one who made 30M a year in interest off of one investment, and he would spend it each year on “things”. He was the same guy who flew his jumbo jet to Augusta to watch the Master’s but hopped the fence each day to get in because “ticket prices are way too high”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:30 pm

You can’t hop the fence at Augusta. People are nuts. Why would a loaded guy like that feel the need to BS

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:41 pm

i wouldn't mind being stupid rich like that for a while.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:15 am
It's the accountant in me, thinking about getting it as cheap as possible. Probably not an issue for the bidders (I would be set for life with $15M).
I'd be set for life for far less :shrug: Hell, if I could swing an angel deposit of a mil, my life would be a lot simpler :thumbsup:

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:38 pm

It'll probably be worth that today, tomorrow and more in time so could be seen as an investment.

On the other hand, yesterday Bill Gates walked down the fuel dock of our yacht club to board a tender for the motor yacht Here Comes Sun. 2017, 284ft, US$1.25M a week plus expenses!

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:00 pm

I've always said.. when someones wealth is stated at a certain figure.. say, like 100M; and the question is.. "Is that $ or £", then it doesn't matter, it's just a shit load. It's like asking how much salt is on the 25oz T-bone special.
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:07 pm

gamecock111 wrote:You can’t hop the fence at Augusta. People are nuts. Why would a loaded guy like that feel the need to BS
I believe the theme was “sneak in” as opposed to specific fence hopping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro