blancpain mil-spec reissue

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by matt.wu » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:02 am

Matt, sorry to hear. I'm sure the sales guy's compensation plan was in direct conflict with actually delivering on promises 10 months later. Looking forward to see resolution.
:htfu:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:06 am

matt.wu wrote:Matt, sorry to hear. I'm sure the sales guy's compensation plan was in direct conflict with actually delivering on promises 10 months later. Looking forward to see resolution.
The guy he bought from (if I recall correctly) has always been a stand up dealer on the watches I've bought and those I've referred to him. Can't imagine he would not try to deliver on a client request.

As mentioned before though I never would have thought such requests could even be made.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:32 am

rhorya wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am
So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Go back to WUS :thumbsup:

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:37 am

yah, the case design on that aquajive is ah-mazing

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
rhorya wrote:
So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Go back to WUS Image
No shit, really?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:48 am

I’ve only had two good experiences working with AD’s/salespeople: the Omega Boutique (every experience has been good with them but will count as “one”) and dealing directly with Alpina’s CEO ordering parts.

Every other interaction has been disappointing at best or has been like dealing with a used car salesman.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

outtatime

Post by outtatime » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:51 am

rhorya wrote:

There is no value in a stainless steel 3-handed watch. If you’re looking for a watch that makes sense financially, you’re best bet is a $20 Timex. It will keep better time. No one buying a BPFF is doing so because it is “worth” that much.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:01 am

outtatime wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:51 am
rhorya wrote:

There is no value in a stainless steel 3-handed watch. If you’re looking for a watch that makes sense financially, you’re best bet is a $20 Timex. It will keep better time. No one buying a BPFF is doing so because it is “worth” that much.
Nothing says "I like value" like buying a luxury watch!

:smack:

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:23 am

rhorya wrote:

If you think there's value in that Aquadive...it's a matter of opinion.

Hey, why not buy a replica of the Blancpain and wear that instead? It's a three-hander as well!

See where I'm getting at with this...?

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:43 am

Denizen wrote:
rhorya wrote:

Hey, why not buy a replica of the Blancpain and wear that instead? It's a three-hander as well!

Could I get the replica with the features that I want? If so, I’ll take it. :-)

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 am

Grahamcombat wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:43 am
Denizen wrote:
rhorya wrote:

I bet T. Wong could help you get set up. :salute:

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 am
Grahamcombat wrote:
Denizen wrote:
rhorya wrote:

All kidding aside...he should be automatically banned. Just the fact that he can potentially sell a fake to anybody here is reason enough.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 am

Denizen wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:54 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:48 am
Grahamcombat wrote:
Denizen wrote:
rhorya wrote:

All kidding aside...he should be automatically banned. Just the fact that he can potentially sell a fake to anybody here is reason enough.
I totally agree. Banned and a scarlet letter added to all his old posts on here, so that anyone who runs into him elsewhere gets the message if they search his dealings.

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:06 pm

rhorya wrote:

Troll be gone......... :popcorn:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:04 pm

The Mil-Spec could be sent to LA Watchworks, they are brush finishing the new Daytona; I’m sure they could handle the BP. Yes, it adds to the overall price, but it would be unique and done correctly.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:26 pm

+1 for LAWW. Just like the blue one or aqua lung tribute.

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:27 pm

rhorya wrote:So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Hate to feed this but 1/5 the price? A $3K Aquadive? Don’t those sell for around 1k? Not seeing the value in that.

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:35 pm

R@cerx wrote:The Mil-Spec could be sent to LA Watchworks, they are brush finishing the new Daytona; I’m sure they could handle the BP. Yes, it adds to the overall price, but it would be unique and done correctly.
How limited is the mil spec? I wouldn’t want to mod a very limited LE (I know we don’t buy watches to maintain value but I’d find it hard to potential purposely devalue it) How about keep it and fully brush one of your other 2? Or is it 3?

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm

james80 wrote:
rhorya wrote:So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Hate to feed this but 1/5 the price? A $3K Aquadive? Don’t those sell for around 1k? Not seeing the value in that.

The 500 with the Fleurier movement are listed at retail off the online site at $3500, Not that I paid that much. There are other Aquadive watches for less too. The Fleurier movement alone sells for $1200. I hope your curiosity is satisfied. I'm still not seeing $15k for the Blanc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 pm

rhorya wrote:
james80 wrote:

The 500 with the Fleurier movement are listed at retail off the online site at $3500, Not that I paid that much. There are other Aquadive watches for less too. The Fleurier movement alone sells for $1200. I hope your curiosity is satisfied. I'm still not seeing $15k for the Blanc.

Let me guess... you drive an ‘86 Corolla.

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:24 am

james80 wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:35 pm
R@cerx wrote:The Mil-Spec could be sent to LA Watchworks, they are brush finishing the new Daytona; I’m sure they could handle the BP. Yes, it adds to the overall price, but it would be unique and done correctly.
How limited is the mil spec? I wouldn’t want to mod a very limited LE (I know we don’t buy watches to maintain value but I’d find it hard to potential purposely devalue it) How about keep it and fully brush one of your other 2? Or is it 3?
It’s an LE of 500.

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:31 am

Erratic101 wrote:
rhorya wrote:
james80 wrote:

Let me guess... you drive an ‘86 Corolla.

Well it is a Toyota, Rav 4. And I got all my teefus too! I keep them in a jar by my bed. Tooth fairy not gonna get these!

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:01 am

Not everything has to do with the movement on a watch. Design, construction, materials used, the finishing (i.e. polishing and brushing)... all these and more will affect the price of a piece. But if you want to talk movement, this one has an in-house caliber with a 4 day reserve. It also has a silicon balance spring and a solid gold rotor. Nor saying the Aquadive is a bad watch, but comparing it to the BP is ridiculous. The BP is just on another level.

For example, as much as I like my Planet Ocean, when I got my Explorer II I could easily see that the case and bracelet where superior. You need to take everything into consideration, not just "its a three hander dive watch".

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:08 am

rhorya wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm
james80 wrote:

Cool. So you have a cheap watch with an expensive movement that few people can service? Sounds like great value. :raised:

outtatime

Post by outtatime » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:31 am

Joeprez wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:01 am
Not everything has to do with the movement on a watch. Design, construction, materials used, the finishing (i.e. polishing and brushing)... all these and more will affect the price of a piece. But if you want to talk movement, this one has an in-house caliber with a 4 day reserve. It also has a silicon balance spring and a solid gold rotor. Nor saying the Aquadive is a bad watch, but comparing it to the BP is ridiculous. The BP is just on another level.

For example, as much as I like my Planet Ocean, when I got my Explorer II I could easily see that the case and bracelet where superior. You need to take everything into consideration, not just "its a three hander dive watch".
Truth. Fit & finish can vary so wildly. It’s amazing how cheap an “expensive” watch can feel. On the flip side, a Tudor feels almost like a Rolex to me.
Current

Incoming

Considering