Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Chocodove » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:20 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am
So what does the poke ball actually do again..?
It's a water tightness indicator. If water leaks into the case, the color of the ball changes.
- Todd

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 am

Reminds me of these, from when I was a kid...

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 am

Chocodove wrote:
mikeylacroix wrote:
It's a water tightness indicator. If water leaks into the case, the color of the ball changes.
I know it did that on the original model, but I thought this one was simply there to visually connect it to the past. It’s functional?

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:34 am

Size looks good on your wrist. I also needed time to adjust to my first 40mm and 38mm watches, but now I really like those sizes.

Lovely watch, except for the pokeball.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:38 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:33 am
Chocodove wrote:
mikeylacroix wrote:
I know it did that on the original model, but I thought this one was simply there to visually connect it to the past. It’s functional?
I don't know for sure, but everything I have read seems to indicate it's functional.
- Todd

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:51 am

Looks awesome! Congrats!!

Utah get me two!

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:20 am

The water ingress indicator is functional. It looks stupendous, congrats!

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:42 am

gmallon80 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am
Early thoughts: Have been wearing the watch for just over a week now.

My early assessment: once the initial excitement of actually receiving the watch after a 7 month wait was over, I was honestly underwhelmed. It was a very strange and sad feeling given the expectations and excitement. Why? I loved the look of it, but just wears smaller than I expected. It just didn’t have the wrist presence I expected. While still 40m, the smaller case and lugs do make a big difference. My daily wearer is my ceramic sea dweller (4K) which i adore and green ‘hulk’ sub. These definitely have more ‘presence’ on my wrist. 2d photos don’t pick up on this as it does look big in photos. So it’s not the case diameter but the 13mm depth making it feel smaller and less ‘dramatic’.

So my first days were ones of a weird sense of underwhelmed and essentially disappointment if I’m honest. I liked it, I just didn’t love it.

However, a few more days in and it’s all change. Once you get over of the smaller size (or maybe smaller impact) and get used to it, you see what heritage and class you’re wearing. I was being stupid. Just because it’s not popping off my wrist in a blingy or dramatic way. This thing is stunning. The dial, the lume, the bezel, the finishing, the retro feel and styling and the water indicator ball. The off white colour of the hour markers and bezel. It’s not a ‘faux-tina’, it’s he luminous coloring that gives this finish, and is amazing in poor lighting. The overall whole finish is superb.

It reminds me of Jacques Cousteau era every time I look at the time. It does feel like a famous dive watch. I’ve had more comments in the last week from non watch people and aficionados alike than I ever had with previous watches. It looks regal compared to the others, honestly.

It doesn’t have the instant punch in the face of the SD4k but nor does it need to. It’s subtlety and refinement make it the Rolls Royce of dive watches. Its a labored cliche but it’s true. It’s a touch of class every time you look down.

Not sure how others feel but curious to hear thoughts.

IMG_1554.JPGIMG_1476.JPGIMG_1472.JPGIMG_1474.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks appros on your wrist. Not small at all...the way it should.

My first thought was that BP changed the way the crown guards (on the underside) were machined on this compared to the other FFs at 40mm, but now I'm not so sure.

Next time I retrieve my Trilogy from the bank box, I will look again.

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:40 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm
Id love to have this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was on WUS earlier tonite and that Milspec flipper is still trying to sell. He lowered his price to 15500 and no takers and now to open to "reasonable offers"...whatever that means.

Any body? :lol:
Last edited by Denizen on Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:41 pm

10,500ish was price when I got the call last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro