blancpain mil-spec reissue

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ceramic101

Post by ceramic101 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am

Nt
Last edited by ceramic101 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am

Very nice congrats!

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am

That's awesome!

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

ceramic101 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am
Lovely watch. Had mine delivered a couple of months ago
Beautiful.

I wish Blancpain came to their senses and resumed making at FF in the 40mm or even better yet...42mm with the 1315 movement.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

it proves as versatile as I imagined. thanks for the multitude combo pics!
squarely in my sights for 2018

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 am

I love this watch. Maybe someday.
- Todd

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

So, there’s that. Thanks for ten months of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grahamcombat

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Double post

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:43 pm

So you cancelled and got a refund, right?

Grahamcombat

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:52 pm

We’re going to talk tomorrow

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Man that sucks. To be told it was going to be done and then you go to see it and it didn’t...

I don’t know, for me I hate initial negative experiences with a wach. Like if one gets fumbled around in shipping and it’s a week late I already have a negative feeling when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm
I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

Frankly, if they told you that they 'could make the finish completely brushed'...I'd have a hard time believing it of them.

It goes against anything Blancpain, Rolex or [insert any top brand] would do.

Grahamcombat

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Denizen wrote:
Grahamcombat wrote:

Frankly, if they told you that they 'could make the finish completely brushed'...I'd have a hard time believing it of them.

Blancpain has brushed watches now so it’s not too unrealistic

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:33 pm

So no 007.............. fucktards. Getting it brushed is easy. I have a dremel bro for the number. :gayumbrella:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

Grahamcombat

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 pm

The dealer said “I’ll brush it if you want”. How ridiculous is that? I had initially placed a custom order for the MILSPEC - custom order. Wtf. Done with it.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 pm
The dealer said “I’ll brush it if you want”. How ridiculous is that? I had initially placed a custom order for the MILSPEC - custom order. Wtf. Done with it.

Good deal hold to your guns. I wouldn't buy since they pulled a bait/switch on you.

rafy11
Name: Rafy1

Post by rafy11 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Beautiful, Well done man!

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm
Denizen wrote:
Grahamcombat wrote:

Blancpain has brushed watches now so it’s not too unrealistic

They did make some all-brushed bracelets for some of their other models, but off the top of my head, all of their recent offerings of the FF bracelet in steel...were a combo of polished and brushed surfaces.

I'm sure when they took your order, they noted what you would like to have done for your watch, but I would be been very surprised if they delivered to you - an all-brushed watch in the end - particularly if the production pieces aren't that way to start.

Maybe something can be done after you have a heart-to-heart talk with them. Just don't get your hopes up...

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm

matt, i had hoped—as i’m sure did—that you were going to pull off this coup. but i’m not surprised by the outcome, and i’m as disappointed as you by the end result. do they understand you currently own two bpff (one homage )?

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:19 am

Do they know who they are fucking over :dance:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

mfxr
Name: MattF

Post by mfxr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 am

If they could not/ would not brush it, that's fine. Just don't take someones money as deposit and then wait months to tell you it couldn't be done.
That sucks.
Maybe I am ignorant, but I expect higher levels of service from these "luxury" brands. Seems like you often get the opposite. The more luxurious your brand, the more disdain you can have for your customers :shrug:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 am

Bummer to hear, I had no idea you could even request such from a manufacturer when ordering a watch? That said I'm not sure that I'm really surprised that they didn't do it though as it seems a stretch that a brand would alter a watch before delivery. Bummer for you as I know this was a long wait.

I wonder if you should take delivery and if you don't like it, couldn't you easily flip it due to scarcity?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

gmallon80

Post by gmallon80 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:41 am

Picked mine up today here in London. Seems to be finally moving after a 7 month wait. Very happy to finally pick it up! ImageImage

Grahamcombat

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:10 am

gmallon80 wrote:Picked mine up today here in London. Seems to be finally moving after a 7 month wait. Very happy to finally pick it up! ImageImage

Congrats!! That looks amazing.

rhorya

Post by rhorya » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am

So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.