blancpain mil-spec reissue

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
ceramic101
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 am

blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by ceramic101 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am

Nt
Last edited by ceramic101 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14156
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am

Very nice congrats!

User avatar
apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Posts: 1437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm
Name: Juan
Location: Idaho

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by apnk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am

That's awesome!

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Denizen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

ceramic101 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am
Lovely watch. Had mine delivered a couple of months ago
Image
Beautiful.

I wish Blancpain came to their senses and resumed making at FF in the 40mm or even better yet...42mm with the 1315 movement.

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 4612
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by jtbenson » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

it proves as versatile as I imagined. thanks for the multitude combo pics!
squarely in my sights for 2018

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5054
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Chocodove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:35 am

I love this watch. Maybe someday.
- Todd

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm

I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

So, there’s that. Thanks for ten months of nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Double post

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 29999
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:43 pm

So you cancelled and got a refund, right?

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:52 pm

We’re going to talk tomorrow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 23914
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by BBK357 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Man that sucks. To be told it was going to be done and then you go to see it and it didn’t...

I don’t know, for me I hate initial negative experiences with a wach. Like if one gets fumbled around in shipping and it’s a week late I already have a negative feeling when I get it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Denizen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm
I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

So, there’s that. Thanks for ten months of nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frankly, if they told you that they 'could make the finish completely brushed'...I'd have a hard time believing it of them.

It goes against anything Blancpain, Rolex or [insert any top brand] would do.

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Denizen wrote:
Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm
I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

So, there’s that. Thanks for ten months of nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frankly, if they told you that they 'could make the finish completely brushed'...I'd have a hard time believing it of them.

It goes against anything Blancpain, Rolex or [insert any top brand] would do.
Blancpain has brushed watches now so it’s not too unrealistic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Nomadz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:33 pm

So no 007.............. fucktards. Getting it brushed is easy. I have a dremel bro for the number. :gayumbrella:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 pm

The dealer said “I’ll brush it if you want”. How ridiculous is that? I had initially placed a custom order for the MILSPEC - custom order. Wtf. Done with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 40565
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 pm
The dealer said “I’ll brush it if you want”. How ridiculous is that? I had initially placed a custom order for the MILSPEC - custom order. Wtf. Done with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good deal hold to your guns. I wouldn't buy since they pulled a bait/switch on you.

User avatar
rafy11
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:06 am
Name: Rafy1

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by rafy11 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Beautiful, Well done man!

User avatar
Denizen
Posts: 1085
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Denizen » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:14 pm
Denizen wrote:
Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:21 pm
I got the call today and was pretty disappointed. I had put my deposit down - I was told I was third in the US - and, when paying my deposit, “ordered” a specific serial number and specified that the watch be brushed, just like the originals.

I was told at the time of my deposit that both of those things were doable - as a matter of fact, I kept the texts/emails.

Soooo....today rolls around and my watch is ready - and neither of the features I had paid for and ordered were done. The dealer said “we can only request those things, not guarantee them”, to which I replied “you guaranteed them when I was paying full price at Basel launch 10 months before delivery”, to which he replied “your watch is the first watch delivered to America outside of a boutique (which is likely my problem) and I’ve got six more people waiting for your watch”.

So, there’s that. Thanks for ten months of nothing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Frankly, if they told you that they 'could make the finish completely brushed'...I'd have a hard time believing it of them.

It goes against anything Blancpain, Rolex or [insert any top brand] would do.
Blancpain has brushed watches now so it’s not too unrealistic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
They did make some all-brushed bracelets for some of their other models, but off the top of my head, all of their recent offerings of the FF bracelet in steel...were a combo of polished and brushed surfaces.

I'm sure when they took your order, they noted what you would like to have done for your watch, but I would be been very surprised if they delivered to you - an all-brushed watch in the end - particularly if the production pieces aren't that way to start.

Maybe something can be done after you have a heart-to-heart talk with them. Just don't get your hopes up...

User avatar
jtbenson
Posts: 4612
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:21 pm
Name: jason
Location: middle west

blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by jtbenson » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm

matt, i had hoped—as i’m sure did—that you were going to pull off this coup. but i’m not surprised by the outcome, and i’m as disappointed as you by the end result. do they understand you currently own two bpff (one homage )?

User avatar
Nomadz
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Name: Nick
Location: WA (Wet and Dry)

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Nomadz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:19 am

Do they know who they are fucking over :dance:
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

User avatar
mfxr
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:19 am
Name: MattF
Location: Australia

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by mfxr » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 am

If they could not/ would not brush it, that's fine. Just don't take someones money as deposit and then wait months to tell you it couldn't be done.
That sucks.
Maybe I am ignorant, but I expect higher levels of service from these "luxury" brands. Seems like you often get the opposite. The more luxurious your brand, the more disdain you can have for your customers :shrug:

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13352
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by ericf4 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:22 am

Bummer to hear, I had no idea you could even request such from a manufacturer when ordering a watch? That said I'm not sure that I'm really surprised that they didn't do it though as it seems a stretch that a brand would alter a watch before delivery. Bummer for you as I know this was a long wait.

I wonder if you should take delivery and if you don't like it, couldn't you easily flip it due to scarcity?


Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk




gmallon80
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:25 am

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by gmallon80 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:41 am

Picked mine up today here in London. Seems to be finally moving after a 7 month wait. Very happy to finally pick it up! ImageImage



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3904
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:10 am

gmallon80 wrote:Picked mine up today here in London. Seems to be finally moving after a 7 month wait. Very happy to finally pick it up! ImageImage



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!! That looks amazing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rhorya
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 pm

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by rhorya » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:00 am

So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AZpops, Batt14, Joeprez, logan2z, RALAustin, sierra11b, sinner, Zidane and 18 guests